Sign in to follow this  
justamom

OMG!! Attempted attack

Have you seen the news???? A attempted attack on 6 planes was foiled by Scotland Yard/Mi6???? 25 people arrested????

Its madness at the airports for anyone going to holiday from one of our airports there are huge delays!!!

yep, have kept the news on. I live near heathrow so it's a tad worrying. Both the girls have gone in to London on another playgroup trip today and only saw the news after i dropped them off otherwise i don't think i would of let them go. Silly iknow.

I know how you feel Col, its so sary!!!! Good job they are on top of things can you imagine if 6 planes had of had bombs on it bigger than 9/11 does not bear thinking about!!!

I know how you feel Col, its so sary!!!! Good job they are on top of things can you imagine if 6 planes had of had bombs on it bigger than 9/11 does not bear thinking about!!!

It was as many as 10 they were saying on news24 a while ago. That is alot of planes and alot of people.

Guest hallyscomet

Scary, We have had many situations quashed as well, some were targeting sporting arena where up to 80,000 people were attending.

They keep a lot of us in the dark about things going on. So as not to cause public frenzy.

The Harbour Bridge and Harbour Tunnels have been constant worries over here.

H.

It is scary. My husband got a plane today. He was upset because he was delayed by 2 hours but when he heard what's been happening he realised he's one of the lucky ones to have flown today at all. I'm a bit concerned about him getting home tomorrow as the airline he's flying with seem to have been especially affected. He really *needs* to get home as he's had such a busy week, he needs a rest.

Could say something here about the kind of people who want to fight against a free culture in favour of an oppressed one, but I won't, already been pulled up once

Well good on them for finding out about it, it gives you some reassurance.

I live only a few miles away from Heathrow and have planes flying over my roof all day ... all quite scary.

Also with this liquids thing - nightmare, they could take that anywhere ....!

I felt for the people trying to board the plane with kids ... I couldn't imagine taking my two on a plane without drinks, toys, games, food, books, paper and pens etc. Also, having to ditch my handbag would be very traumatic for me! But I think because you know the reasons why you have to, it makes it a lot easier.

Very worrying times indeed.

We went to London yesterday, via car, and couldn't believe it when we switched the radio on en route and heard all that was happening. Thankgod this was uncovered, the consequences are unimaginable if it hadn't been. Really felt for all those families with little ones due to fly that day, and the stress they must be going thru. From what I could gather on the news/radio no hand luggage was allowed only wallets, passports etc....how would a family manage if unable to take anything onboard? I also thought about all the forum members who may be flying yesterday and what they may be going thru. I met someone who regularly works in London, and she said it was mayhem on the roads and rail network, although we found no real probs. These are worrying times :(

apparently all the kids had to stand up on the tube as all the seats were full yesterday. DD8 and 7 went to london aquareham (sp) with their holiday club.

Hmmmm - sounds bad, but I'm a bit sceptical these days. I'd like to see some evidence - after the weapons of mass destruction that never were, the ricin attack that never happened (no ricin), the non-existent chemical weapon at Forest Gate, the 'terrorist' shot dead who turned out to be innocent .... I just don't trust what I'm hearing these days.