Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Oh dear : (

Hello all,

First day at Juniors today...... M was looking forward to it...

No workstation.

No visual timetable/reminders.

No-one has read any of his notes/reports.

1-2-1 (put it this way, i know of her... :( ).

Threw him in with the other kids.

No-one has any experience or knowledge of AS, SID, etc kids.

I could go on....

Oh hell :(:tearful: Counting the minutes till i can go and get him :(

How's your going??? >:D<<'>

Hello all,

No workstation.

I could go on....

Sounds like H's first day at full-time school a couple of years ago, except that they didn't provide the promised 1:1 at all!

I hope things get better for you.

Simon

Thank you all >:D<<'> :tearful:

Simon - we're slap-bang in the middle of his statement now. I can see me pulling him out till it's sorted.

That's what we did.

He's in a Special School now and thriving.

Simon

Hello all,

No workstation.

I could go on....

Hope it turned out better than you expected. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen

I've been dreading today and so has dd2. All through the 6 weeks holiday she has been adamant that she wasn't going back to school in her new class as it is full of boys. There are 9 kids in her class and dd is the only girl and she says "its not fair".

Anyway she went no bother in the transport, but when we went to collect her she'd been crying, (her face was all blotchy and red, red eyes) and continued sobbing going home in the car - bless.

If dh had his way he'd pull her out, but whats the option she couldn't hack mainstream, she now attends a SEN school. I mention home edding but a lot of people seem to think that will make her world even smaller than what it is.

I wonder if it is better to live in a small cosy world or in a big terrifying one. Oh the joys.

Tilly

P.S not looking forward to tomorrow DD1 starts the comprehensive and DD2 goes back to the dreaded boys class.

oh Tilly poor dd, how unlucky to have no other girls, hope she settles in soon. give her a big girly hug from me!

A x

Smiley - I hope you and he got through the day OK - how did it go?

Tilly, another big day for you tomorrow - I hope it goes better than today. >:D<<'>

K x

Hiya >:D<<'>

He was exhausted when he came home. Tics are back, as is the face scratching and rocking. :(

Read the riot act to the head/senco/lsa/teacher - i've told them they have a week to sort out the correct provisions for him (it's not as if they weren't told what to do - the infants gave them full instructions..).

If, by the end of the week, things are still not there - he out.

I expect things to be bumpy for him in the first couple of weeks. But i don't expect them to not support him.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They looked suitably worried! I can be quite persuasive... :ph34r: Such a shame i have to though.. :(

Smiley you are spot on.It is wrong that you need to use persuasion to get anything done.I just hope the worried looks transfer to appropriate action.Karen

Hiya >:D<<'>

He was exhausted when he came home. Tics are back, as is the face scratching and rocking. :(

Read the riot act to the head/senco/lsa/teacher - i've told them they have a week to sort out the correct provisions for him (it's not as if they weren't told what to do - the infants gave them full instructions..).

If, by the end of the week, things are still not there - he out.

I expect things to be bumpy for him in the first couple of weeks. But i don't expect them to not support him.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They looked suitably worried! I can be quite persuasive... :ph34r: Such a shame i have to though.. :(

Mty DP sat in the headmistresses office and refused to leave until she had it in writing that they would provide an LSA. It took about 90 mins but they cracked in the end!

Simon

There have been several posts in recent days on the TES site that say things like "I will have two asd children in my class, what should I do for them?" and similar.

Is it normal for teachers to only think about their new class the week before they go back? Some of the teachers haven't even read the child's statement yet. We all know that the first few days can make or break it for our children, so why don't teachers talk to previous schools/staff and the parents in the summer term? A little preparation goes a long way.

Karen

Exactly my point Karen. I work with children, so i can totally understand the couple of weeks for settling in. But still..... :angry:

It's annoyed me because we had so many meetings and visits to the school during the end of last year. The infants made it very, very clear. They handed them everything (including workstation! :blink: ) and spent a lot of time organising transition bits and bobs (mostly in 1-2-1's own time). Just makes me cross that they haven't listened.

Had another 'chat' with Head n teacher at school pickup. There idea was/is to 'see how he goes' for a week or two, see how far he can be 'pushed' ( :crying: ) and then arrange support from then................ I have made it very, very clear that this is NOT an option for M. Again, i can understand them doing this with NT children - but not M, who very much needs stability and structure....

Sorry, rambaling - i'm fed up with the battles :(

Much the same - none of the provisions were in place (please see other incoherant ramble on the other topic).

He spent the night having meltdowns, the second he got through the door he attacked his sister, and he is usually so laid back he is horizontal. Flew into uncontrolable rages on and off all evening, his stimming was so extent that he nearly lost his voice (vocal stimmimg to go with spinning his bathplug) he was very unpredictable. And we havent had meltdowns this bad for the full 6 weeks he was off. Now tell me again WHY do we put our kids through this??? Oh i know coz you get slated if you dont !! :wallbash:

hope all is well today

shaz

Shaz :(>:D<<'> :(>:D<<'>

He came out of school looking a bit better today - problem with M is, he's such an optimistic little chap :wub: and soooooo willing to please , that he will run himself into the ground all day. By the time he's home, he's beyond exhausted :( . School cannot see it. I'm trying to explain that he will be like this initially (smile put on his face - trying to please everyone) - then he'll get stressed out, then he'll start to kick out and then he'll 'freeze' and need 8 more months of pychiatrist help.............. All his reports back me up. Only, they still haven't read them...

Got the proposed statement today - 15 hours of LSA help in mainstream - Bu**er!! He had full-time 1-2-1 last year and atill wasn't coping......... :crying: