Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

Had an Accident

Me and J where on our Tandem yesterday and at tea time on a busy road a car pulled out into the main road and ran straight into our Tandem and knocking us clean off,

I have hurt my hip, wrist, and angkle and J hurt his elbow, the bike is been looked after as we had to go to A and E and have a check up, every thing was given the all clear and I have sore brusing but other than that we are both ok.

We are a bit shaken up and off the bike for a few days, I am a cyclist and love cycling and J is better on a bike than on a bus, so where a bit lost today, thankfully he has a friend round, and so I can rest a little bit, hoping to have the bike put right and back on the road by tuesday but I am lost without my Tandem.

JsMum

oh gosh , thank goodness your both o.k..............do you wear helmets?............on a tandem............ :huh: .

Has the person in the vehicle taken responsibility?

Hope you heal quickly , and your little boy isn,t too upset by what has happened.Suzex >:D<<'>

Yes we do where helmets, no helmet no cycling, we also have lights and reflector vests so we are visable, we take safety to the highest level.

The driver was very upset when she ran into us and she has taken full responsibility and taking care of the bill for the tandems repairs, she couldnt see because of a overgrown shrub that was obscuring her view and the council are at fault for not keeping it clear and she is taking it up with them on Monday.

It was an accident and that is that, it could of happened even if we where in a car, so its just roads and the hazards that come with it, we love cycling and we are not put off, Joshua wants to get back on the road as soon as he can, he even got his old bike out and has had a go on that around the street.

My hip is the worst but after a few days I am hoping it will be more mobile.

I am walking and pottering about but no running, I have a lot of energy myself and hate been made to take it slow, but i know i must.

we have had a lucky escape for definate.

JsMum

Hope you're feeling better soon. At least it wasn't more serious.

wow glad youre ok, that must have been scary!, i couldnt ride a bike on the roads round here its much too busy. you are brave!

hope you not too sore,i used to ride a bike a lot but then i moved and its so busy where i live im scared!!

speedy recovery to you both >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thank goodness your both ok - i hope you hips starts to feel better soon >:D<<'> Must have been very scary for you both >:D<<'> .

Seems to be something in the air this week. Took M swimming this afternoon - and went along to a funfair across the road from the pool afterwards. My friend slipped on some (wet... :angry: ) metal stairs and fell 6 foot onto a solid metal floor :( . We had to call an ambulance and he's still at hospital - waiting for a CT scan - can't move his arms :( and in lots of pain :( . M saw the whole thing happen :( My sister-in-law brought m home (whilst i went on to hosp) - I've been home now for a couple of hours and M's sleptwalked three times - going to be a long night......... :(

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Sorry to hear about that. You have both been lucky. Might be worth you contacting the council aswell sounds like something needs doing before someone is hurt more seriously. Hope J doesn't loose his confidence on the bike and you get it sorted soon >:D<<'>

Good grief! That's terrible I hope you're both OK soon, rest that hip and don't over do it.

There are so my of these kind of accidents - we got to school this morning to find out a bloke had been knocked off his moped by the school bus. He was walking wounded but it seemed to take three police cars to deal with the incident.

Get well soon >:D<<'>

Seems to be something in the air this week. Took M swimming this afternoon - and went along to a funfair across the road from the pool afterwards. My friend slipped on some (wet... :angry: ) metal stairs and fell 6 foot onto a solid metal floor :( . We had to call an ambulance and he's still at hospital - waiting for a CT scan - can't move his arms :( and in lots of pain :( . M saw the whole thing happen :( My sister-in-law brought m home (whilst i went on to hosp) - I've been home now for a couple of hours and M's sleptwalked three times - going to be a long night......... :(

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Sorry to hear this. I hope & pray your friend is ok >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Thank you.

Still bit scary - CT scan was clear (they think!!! :blink: Dont ask!), but he still can't move his arms properly. Everyones praying it's bruised nerves and nothing more serious.

When it happened, M was more impressed with the ambulance lights :rolleyes: , it's hit him today and he's decided it was his fault (it wasn't!) - and he will not take any explanation i give him :(

Been a long week. :(