Sign in to follow this  
oracle

My Poor Mum

My Mum rang me at 10 past 9 tonight. She had disturbed someone breaking into her bungalow. They had managed to force her window and it was the rattle of the metal blinds - so pleased that we persuaded her to have metal blinds that disturbed her. We think who ever it was used her wheelie bin to try and get in through her kitchen window. My hubby was out at the time he had gone to collect my three sons who had all been to see an Ice Hockey match. I only live 9 doors from her and I went staright down. She was afraid that whoever it was may still be hiding in her back garden so I went the front way. Wish I had gone the back way as at 18 minutes past 9 another OAP in our Close was not as fortunate as my Mum. They got in - again the lady was in the Bungalow - but they stole her bag, purse and mobile phone :(

It took the Police 2 and a half hours to arrive due to an urgent incident, by which time the whole Close was out because word has spread about the two break ins. We also found out that there have been 7 such break ins in the last 7 days in our Close :( I can't imagine that David will even attempt to go to sleep tonight and has already told my Mum that he will be watching all night.

This is the second disaster in the last 8 days for my Mum and she has not even allowed me to stay with her tonight even though I wanted to. She said that she would only have to sleep on her own tomorrow of the next night so there was not point.

The workmen move in tomorrow to begin the repairs after last Saturdays flood.

Oracle

Oracle >:D<<'> >:D<<'> your poor mum. It must be so frightening for her and the rest of the people in the close. No doubt the police will make sure that there are lots of extra patrols posted :wacko:

Thanks Guys

The finger prints guy came this morning and took prints let's hope they catch someone but I am not holding my breath :unsure: She did not sleep but nor did I so I should have just insisted on staying.

What a world we live in.

Oracle

Oracle you must be worried sick.... your poor mum :( Hope that's the last bad thing... she deserves a break.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Flora X