Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Every Disabled Child Matters

Don't know if it will make any difference but it wont if we do not support this campaign which is being supported by Contact a Family, Mencap, The Council for Disabled Children and Special Educational Consortium.

http://www.edcm.org.uk/Page.asp

Getting rights and justice for every disabled child The government says that Every Child Matters ? so why aren't disabled children getting their rights?

Only 1 in 13 families get support from social services

Disabled children are 13 times more likely to be excluded from school

8 out of 10 families with disabled children say that they are at breaking point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Services for disabled children and their families are a national scandal" - Sir Al Aynsley-Green, Children's Commissioner for England.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We believe that disabled children and their families should have the right to the services and support they need to live ordinary lives. Every Disabled Child Matters is the campaign to make this happen.

We want 10,000 supporters by December. Please sign up to our campaign by sending the form on the right

Edited by oracle

thanks for putting this post up oracle, i will spread this around, i will get some support for my son if it kills me....their are so many families at crisis point but as soon as this is noted

instead of helping the situation the powers that be apply more pressure and in many circumstances blame the parents.....

im sick of hearing about the abominable state of childrens services, and tired of hearing the phrase lack of resources, this may be all well and good but in the meantime our children suffer.

im also so annoyed that authorities seem to think because a child is aspergers that they arnt severe enough to warrant any support from the LA s , im sorry but my blood boils...

hugs,

paula

Thanks Oracle - have sent it zooming round our mob.

Interestingly, one of our local MP's who is supporting our group is part of the supporters of the Every Disabled Child Matters campaign. She is a diamond!

If there is anyone in the Meridian TV region, then look out for our group tomorrow or tuesday evening news. We are going to be present at a fringe debate run by NAS and Treehouse on the 'make school make sense' campaign and the reporter from Meridian said he may like to do something on it - keep fingies crossed.

Love

HelenL

Thanks Oracle, have signed it and will be adding it to an MD forum I visit too....I know those parents with children with physical disabilities struggle so hard to cope too and feel this is SO worthwhile!