Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

Had a total meltdown at school (ME THAT IS!!)

I'm in such a state at the mo with traffic problems. It's a 14 mile journey to school, should take 30 mins, it's been taking an hour and ten mins and by the time I get there I'm totally frazzled. Today he was only in for the morning so it was potentially another forty minutes to struggle home, two hours at home and then back in the car. I just couldn't take it this morning! :crying: So I took my son in and was just about holding it together until I got outside when one of the helpers made the mistake of running after me and asking me if I was okay! God, did I let rip, I just went bananas, whilst she stood and watched me, god knows what they all think of me! :ph34r::whistle: Then I went and sat in the car for two hours! :huh:

What makes it worse is they used to let me bring J in early just before 8 so I could nip off and miss the traffic going out of town, but now I'm not allowed in 'til 8.15 so if I leave extra early to miss the worst of the traffic we're stuck sitting in the car for twenty minutes. It's doing my head in!! :crying:

It sounds so trivial but I just can't cope!! :wacko: Plus I'm really embarrassed about my behaviour this morning, feel like crawling into a hole!! :ph34r::tearful:

~ Mel ~

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Please dont feel bad, i bet everyone here has had a similar story to tell, I know i have. Why cant you take him him at 8am?? maybe they needed to hear what you said this morning in order to understand how difficult things can be sometimes.

Hold your head high and dont feel ashamed. Sending lots of hugs your way >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

shaz

Hi mel

Try not to worry im on the verge of meltdown all the time at the mo its alful. I took my lad into nursery on a day near to the summer hols and just burst out crying saying i cant take no more i cant cope i think we've all done it and i seem to do all the time :lol: Take care

Brooke

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Don't feel too bad you will have the company of many-me included who have been there.On one afternoon I informed the HT that if she thought the fact Ben was so worked up was not a problem I would leave him in school-She could phone social services.I am still not proud of myself but she did realise action was needed.Karen

Mel, that sounds hellish :( No wonder you have had enough.....I would too! You must spend you time going backwards and forwards to the school......are there no alternatives which would make it alittle easier?....school transport, different placement, slightly different drop off time or pick up time.....I know you will probably have already considered or looked at these options....wish I could think of something more constructive to say.... :( Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It sounds like an awful journey. No wonder you reached the end of your tether. Maybe the school needed to hear how difficult they're making life for you with this new policy. >:D<<'>

[errrrr alas - empathy . symapthy and that 'all knowing gut wrenching recall ' *blush*

sons in year 10 now and i cant look headmaster in eye from yr 7 when school was gonna call SS in- after sons garbled convo *toe curl*

doesnt help that headmaster is drop dead gorgeous and me snotting all over him and asking for a tissue as i lost the plot - AAAAAAAAAaGH

and ive a real fear of school teachers - gotta phone morrow to hash over an issue and cant sleep for the stress, wimp i am! feel sick.... and this is just senco - i need assertive training!!

Edited by pepper

Oh Mel >:D<<'> you must have been at the end of your physical and mental reserves >:D<<'> I think everyones right, sometimes they need to see exactly how bad we are feeling. I once lost it completely on the phone to the E.P. poor girl didn't know what had hit her :P

Thanks for the words of support everyone. Yep, I just feel exhausted and mentally and physically drained with it. The Unit knows how difficult it is for us but they still insist that, even though the staff are sitting there drinking tea from before 8.00, if I get there before 8.15 me and my son have to sit in the car until then! They just don't seem to care at all. Apparently, it's 'school policy'!

There are no alternatives really, LEA say we're not eligible for transport, not sure why, we are looking into this, but I feel it's not fair on my son to send him off on his own with a stranger anyway because he gets so stressed sitting in traffic jams for an hour and if they get there early the driver will probably just dump him out and he'll have to sit on the doorstep shivering until 8.15. It just seems so cruel! :crying: I'm so frustrated! :(

~ Mel ~

totally sympathise the traffic in oxford is diabolical at the mo! I have to battle it every day too >:D<<'>

My condolences to you as well! If you see a mad woman looking purple in the face screeching loudly to herself, that'll be me! :fight:

~ Mel ~