Sign in to follow this  
danielsmum

hi im new!

hello my names claire and my son daniel was diagnosed with asd/ aspergers and learning disorders at xmas!

we new he had specail needs and had to wait and fight a long battle to get where we are! daniel is 6.

a friend of mine told me about this forum and uses it, but im not sure of how it work, cuz i went to do an introduction but it wouldnt let me lol.

daniel as a baby didnt like cuddles and wouldnt look us in the eye and we was told he had special needs

and that was how it was.

he got speech theropy play theropy, and then he started to come out of his shell, but he was late on everything...but they would not give him a diagnosis so it was hard when he had a moment in a shop cuz all i could say was ...he has special needs. and theyd look at me like i was mad!

thats the worst part for me, as he looks no different..people can be soo rude and have made me cry many of times!

daniel can be such a lovely boy but his temper is to be disired, but at the mo he dont get his own space as the council wont give us a 3 bedrrom house and we r in a 2 bedroom house with no garden and dan dont get any space from his 2 other brothers, so his temper can get very bad.

we had probs with his bowels for a while but now we have sorted it we have him in mainstream school, and since the diagnosis we now have a 121 for him a statement of special needs he is on the reg for disabled children and we get the support he needs.

i still dont know how to explain to people what it is, and we dont know whats him being naughty or his condition, and my other half carl really has troubles understanding.

anyway thats me...claire! i live in norwich norfolk and hi to you all, hopefully ill get the hang of this xx

Hi Claire and welcome to the forum - I hope you find it useful and a fun place to visit

And if an idiot like me can get the hang of it then you'll have no problems :lol:

Hi Claire.

It looks like you have worked out the posting. Welcome to the forum. everything which you have said in your post is similar to a lot of us here. I hope you find it helpful to post here.

>:D<<'>

shaz

Hi Claire,

Welcome to the forum :) If you have any problems posting or finding your way around please don't hesitate to ask - there's usually someone around to help.

It's great to hear that your son is getting the support he needs especially with such a recent diagnosis. You've obviously worked really hard to get all that in place. :notworthy:

If you read other posts you'll soon see that you're not alone in the problems you face. You'll get lots of support here, I look forward to talking to you. :)

Kathryn x

hello nice to meet you i have 5 children 4 boys and a little girl 6 dx aspergers in april she allso has bad asthma its hard at frist but with the help of the nice people on here they have helped me a lot and i thank them for that so all the best to you jill

Hi Claire :D

Pleased you found us >:D<<'> Welcome

*If you want to reply to this / or any thread (messages) just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Add Reply' *

Hello Claire and a very warm welcome to you :D

Sounds like you've been very lucky with the support you're receiving - lets all move to Norwich! :dance:

There's loads and loads of friendly advice on here and a good support network when you're feeling down or alone.

If you're having trouble explaining your son's behaviour - though god knows when any of us should have to - you can get cards from the NAS or just tell them he has Autism that usually stops them in their tracks :devil:

Hello Claire and a very warm welcome to you :D

Sounds like you've been very lucky with the support you're receiving - lets all move to Norwich! :dance:

There's loads and loads of friendly advice on here and a good support network when you're feeling down or alone.

If you're having trouble explaining your son's behaviour - though god knows when any of us should have to - you can get cards from the NAS or just tell them he has Autism that usually stops them in their tracks :devil:

hey thnx for your lovely messages, :notworthy: can anyone tell me how i put a picture in as i dont know how...when i tried it said i dont have permission from the admidistrator!!!

A very warm welcome to the forum Claire, :)

It's difficult explaining to people who don't understand , it's hard enough understanding it ourselves.

I've found a couple of things that might help you, just click on the links.

Good luck, hope you find the forum useful.

All About Autistic Spectrum Disorders, For parents of recently diagnosed child.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=294

TEN THINGS YOUR STUDENT WITH AUTISM, WISHES YOU KNEW

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=10308

Nellie xx

Hi Claire,

Welcome, I have a 5 yr old son who has severe asd.

Have you tried writing to your MP about your housing situation? they might be able to help as Daniel has a dx now. Just say Daniel needs his own bedroom/quiet room as he cant cope with his brothers and he needs somewhere of his own to calm down, also if he doesn't sleep well, which most of our kids dont, that will be disturbing his brothers and maybe affecting their schoolwork.

If you ask your local council who is the children's services portfolio holder, they should tell you - or the library might and that MP should have a "bit of clout" with your local housing group.

Clare

Hi Claire welcome.I have also found the forum a huge support.The people here are very knowledgable and really supportive.Regards Karen

Edited by Karen A