noogsy

do people become stars in heaven???

hi everyone i thought i would share a conversation i had with my baby yesterday.my father in law is expireing of cancer just now...and hubby and myself are quite invoved in his care(such is life)......louis was asking about grandad last night..and he asked me if grandad was going to die.i said yes pet grandad will die.he said he didnt care as long as he has known his grandad and spent time with him???he said grandad would always be beside him????then he said dad is very sad that granddad is going to die?.i said yes dad is upset.then louis said .daddy has a small hole in him and all his happyness is escaping.....??????erm ok.....awwww :tearful: ..i didnt say anything but i looked away from him and gulped. :crying: ..then louis asks me if im going to dig the hole for the coffin to go in...erm no i said.grandad wants to be cremated.....oh help me someone....lol...then he bomarded me with questions about death.where people go.when will we see them again..heaven(will i see everyone in heaven),angels(will grandad become a angel and be with granny who is already a angel),stars(do people becomes stars in heaven).....i had to have a vodka last night..a weekday drink...guess what he is still going on about this today.......i might have another drink tonight.... :rolleyes: love noogsy.........xxx

hi everyone i thought i would share a conversation i had with my baby yesterday.my father in law is expireing of cancer just now...and hubby and myself are quite invoved in his care(such is life)......louis was asking about grandad last night..and he asked me if grandad was going to die.i said yes pet grandad will die.he said he didnt care as long as he has known his grandad and spent time with him???he said grandad would always be beside him????then he said dad is very sad that granddad is going to die?.i said yes dad is upset.then louis said .daddy has a small hole in him and all his happyness is escaping.....??????erm ok.....awwww :tearful: ..i didnt say anything but i looked away from him and gulped. :crying: ..then louis asks me if im going to dig the hole for the coffin to go in...erm no i said.grandad wants to be cremated.....oh help me someone....lol...then he bomarded me with questions about death.where people go.when will we see them again..heaven(will i see everyone in heaven),angels(will grandad become a angel and be with granny who is already a angel),stars(do people becomes stars in heaven).....i had to have a vodka last night..a weekday drink...guess what he is still going on about this today.......i might have another drink tonight.... :rolleyes: love noogsy.........xxx

It remember this well, I had this when my mother died. Will you take your son to the funeral? I personally thought it was important that my son came to my mother's funeral, even though he was only 7 and many people disagreed with me. I felt strongly that it was important that he should be a part of the procedure and see it out to it's conclusion, if you know what I mean.

Wishing you all the strength you need to get through this difficult time >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

My mom passed away earlier in the year,it was sudden so i didnt have time to warn the kids in advance really.When my mom died i told the kids that nanny had died and so we wouldnt be able to see her but that nanny would always be watching them for heaven.T said i dont believe you go to heaven mommy i think my nanny is a bird she can fly anywhere.So we said if you are happy thinking nanny is a bird then i think yr right.T came to the funneral but my 8yr old didnt want to, i let them decide i wanted them to feel comfort in their own belife.

As for yr hubby all i can say is give him time to cry alone sometimes we want to cry a river and not talk.its been 7 months since my mom died and i think of her every day the kids talk about her daily about the things she did,said and gave them.

:wub: Awwww noogsy - how sweet :wub::tearful:

My son hasn't experienced any close family members passing away (big hugs to your family >:D<<'> :( ) - but our sweet dog is very poorly. It is getting to the point where i will have to make a decision soon about how long i can allow her to carry on :tearful::crying: .

I've been trying to begin the subject with M - i have no idea where to start :( . Stars in Heaven sounds lovely :wub: .

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

noogsy i went through a similar situation six years ago my father-in-law was dying of cancer and we decided to take my twins to the hospital to visit him we wanted them to know why he was there and what would happen to him we never told them he would never come home and obviously when he died it was a shock for a while they were fearfull of anyone going into hospital thinking that they would never come out again but as the years went by they have gotten better,the point is i wanted them to realise that people do die and as they have gotten older they understand what happens when someone dies and that there is a funeral at the end of it,when i was young my older brother died and as i was not allowed to attend the funeral it was horrible in later life as the first one i attended i had no idea what was going to happen,kids are very resiliant more so than adults and they accept a lot more than we give them credit for,my thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time i know its very hard for you and your family luv karin

My mom passed away earlier in the year,it was sudden so i didnt have time to warn the kids in advance really.When my mom died i told the kids that nanny had died and so we wouldnt be able to see her but that nanny would always be watching them for heaven.T said i dont believe you go to heaven mommy i think my nanny is a bird she can fly anywhere.So we said if you are happy thinking nanny is a bird then i think yr right.T came to the funneral but my 8yr old didnt want to, i let them decide i wanted them to feel comfort in their own belife.

As for yr hubby all i can say is give him time to cry alone sometimes we want to cry a river and not talk.its been 7 months since my mom died and i think of her every day the kids talk about her daily about the things she did,said and gave them.

hello i know how you feel i lost my mother 26 april its hard it was sudden all the best to you jill

:wub: Awwww noogsy - how sweet :wub::tearful:

My son hasn't experienced any close family members passing away (big hugs to your family >:D<<'> :( ) - but our sweet dog is very poorly. It is getting to the point where i will have to make a decision soon about how long i can allow her to carry on :tearful::crying: .

I've been trying to begin the subject with M - i have no idea where to start :( . Stars in Heaven sounds lovely :wub: .

>:D<<'> >:D<hello our dog 12 we throught he was on his last legs so we had a pup to make it esaer on the kids that was a year a go he is still going strong all the best jill

Jill thanks for the message.I found this poem a comfort i hope u do

Dont grieve for me,now im free

Im following the path god laid for me

I took his hand when i heard him call

i turned by back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,to laugh

to love to work or play

Tasks undone must stay that way

I've found that peace at the close of day.

If parting has left a void

then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship sharded a laugh a kiss

Ah,yes these things i too will miss

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish for you the sunshine of tomorrow

My lifes been full i savoured much

Good friends,good times, a loved ones touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all to brief

dont lengthen it now with undue grief

Lift up your hearts and share with me

God wants me now

He set me free.

hi everyone,i don't want everyone to think we are drowning in misery or anything.I am ok.my hubby is not ok..louis is just himself and he will and does adapt.explaining things to him is difficult and stretches me to my limits.but i get there in the end.i know this sounds awful but i don't feel anything. I THINK I AM NUMB,or something.i'm a unfeeling moo...i just cant sleep.i don't want to go anywhere i just stay in the house.and thats it.God help the person who anoys me of a day my anger knows no bounds.and i've aged i'm not imagining it i look my 42 years.thank you so much for all your kind words.thankyou tsmom for you very special poem i do appreciate it.i suppose i posted this thread because the things louis said to me were so remarkable and i thought beautiful.and it is because he is a very special boy. although his understanding of things can be a bit asque..all of us have to go through the parents thing,if we don't it means we have died first..not really a good option..and at least we know our parents......thanks again everyone love noogsy....XXXXXXXXXXXXX

i know this sounds awful but i don't feel anything. I THINK I AM NUMB,or something.i'm a unfeeling moo...i just cant sleep.i don't want to go anywhere i just stay in the house.

Sounds like you've gone into automatic mode and are coping with things and being strong for your hubby's sake. Perfectly natural. It's quite often afterwards that the feelings come, so give YOURSELF some time to grieve as well. Take care. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~