Sign in to follow this  
phoebe

advice please:inclusion partnership agreement/statutory assessment

Hi folks

I have recently applied for a statutory assessment for my aspie son, I have had a letter asking me to provide more info so they "can decide whether or not to go through with it" BUT more interestingly, I have just finished speaking with the Senior Ed Psych for Hampshire who is trying to persuade me that the best route will be for a "inclusion partnership agreement" to be set up whereby all interested parties meet on a regular basis and put together "action plans for the best way in which to support him."

I feel sceptical about this idea because we have had many multi agency meetings before and have regular liaison with the school, but what he needs is some extra support from someone who he can trust who can take him from year to year and help him to iron out those inevitable problems that relate to the transitions he will face........ you know all the problems.

If I decide to go for this, i have to withdraw my request for a statutory assesment.

What do you think?

Is anyone out here with previous experience of this solution?

Are they palming me off again?

Will it be another pass us from CAMHS to EP back and forth exercise, with none coming through with the HELP that he needs?

CONFUSED???

Any comments? :unsure::huh:

Phoebe

Edited by phoebe

I have never heard of this but suspect its another way of evading their responsibilites!

Personally I'd stick to the statutory assessment route, as there are more safeguards. If it results in a Statement, then your son will have a legal document outlining his needs and the support needed, rather than having to rely on a group of people meeting as per the ed psych's idea.

Of course, if he gets a Statement, 'interested parties' will be expected to meet annually to set the targets etc for his Statement... are they just trying to wriggle out of the Statementing process?

good luck

Lizzie

The statementing process is the only one with any clout.They have a statutory duty to provide the provision shown in the statement.This other system is one where they can evade it,if they so desire.xx

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL END UP DOING A LOT OF THIS :crying::crying::crying:

Why the big problem with statements! - If they are an outline of what an 'inclusion partnership' would be doing and by and large the school already have the funding delegated as part of their SEN budget then I think that this is a way of everybody dodging their responsibility towards your child.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

HelenL (who has seen a lot of families come to grief by accepting this 'less than gentlemans agreement')

There are several of us on here from your County, and I think we would all say go for the statement. In more than ten years, we have never had a multi-agency meeting for my son (and he had a statement).

The way SEN are funded has just changed in HCC this year, and that could make things even worse.

All services (EP,OT,SaLT, CAMHS, SS) are vastly understaffed and underfunded here, so unless it is specified and quantified in a Statement you will be lucky to get any help. Also, should things go badly wrong at his curent school, then you will have to go through the Statementing process before another school can be sorted. He could end up out of school for 6 months+.

If you let me know by PM which bit of Hants you are in and what school your son goes to, I might be able to help a bit more.

Karen