Sign in to follow this  
minerva

Reminisce

Texan bar, Spacedust and a a can of coke at the same time, not brave enough to try a full can after watching my mate do it... :sick: Oh happy days and now a gob full of fillings. :crying:

'Nutty' bars - which were like a solid brick of soft fudge toffee encrusted with whole peanuts

Oooo, oooo, Nutty bars, I used to loooooooooooooooooooooove those!! :P

~ Mel ~

highland toffees and mr toms did it for me.i cant remember the name, but there were these bars with a cheesy filling and a crunchy outside.they were yummy. :notworthy:

yeah spacedust,i used to love that!!also used to love the fish and chip crisp,they were lovely,anyone remember those?

Perhaps you lot can help me identify a sweet memory.. :)

I didn't grow up in the UK (so have no idea what you're talking about here, mostly :lol: ), but my grandparents used to run a newsagent's near Manchester and would send me sweets and comics. They'd always send these oblong shaped chewy sweets in two flavours. One was half orange half lemon, the other was half toffee half strawberry. I loved them and used to try and make them last forever. Anyone remember anything like this? We're talking late 1960's /early 70's here. :huh::rolleyes:

K x

I thought they were called Hobos but that theory was shouted down on Sunday by my Big Bro and Big Sis, :notworthy: and they seem to think the brown and pink chews, you could also get brown and yellow were called Toffee Splits.

Tilly

yeah spacedust,

On a dare at work one day i put two (3?) whole packets of the stuff into my mouth in one go, and just as i did I got called into the manager's office for my annual review :oops:

I just sat there fizzing like a radio tuned to a shortwave weather forecast while he read the previous review back to me... He kept looking round the room, but obviously hadn't heard of 'space dust' and apart from looking very puzzled just ignored it on the basis (i think) that it might be tinitis or only HE heard it...

About halfway through I lost it completely when, discussing my request for a pay increase he attempted to 'get down with the dudes' by telling me 'yeah, If you ain't getting the bread, man you've just gotta split' :lol::lol::lol::crying: (jargon 20 years out of date even then!) ... i muttered something about 'remembering a joke someone had told me earlier'...

Sorry - back to sweets: White dairy Crunch :)

'Nutty' bars - which were like a solid brick of soft fudge toffee encrusted with whole peanuts

spooky ... my brother and I were reminising about those last night, they came in a brown wrapper, I LOVED them :thumbs: wish they would bring them back! And spangles and Blobs (toffee apple ones) and what about Toffoes (sp?) strawberry, banana, choc etc....yum!

Does anyone else remember those white icecream lollypops that when you licked them red line drawn ghosts/skeletons would appear???? other than my brother I've yet to find anyone else who remembers them :unsure:

A x

Edited by aro

In the early to mid 1990s were Jolly Rancher and Wacky Taffy. Nowhere seems to sell them in Britain but they are still in production in the US. In the late 1990s were a range of sweets in the shape of vehicles called Autodrops. They seem to have vanished off the face of the earth and nobody remembers them.

Spangles. I can still remember the typeface on the pack. They had all different flavours in one pack, and cola was always the one you all wanted.

I used to walk to school with a mate and we would go via the sweet shop and buy at least one pack to eat on the way there (it was a 2 min walk).

No wonder every tooth in my head has a filling!

Perhaps you lot can help me identify a sweet memory..

I didn't grow up in the UK (so have no idea what you're talking about here, mostly ), but my grandparents used to run a newsagent's near Manchester and would send me sweets and comics. They'd always send these oblong shaped chewy sweets in two flavours. One was half orange half lemon, the other was half toffee half strawberry. I loved them and used to try and make them last forever. Anyone remember anything like this? We're talking late 1960's /early 70's here.

K x

I thought they were called Hobos but that theory was shouted down on Sunday by my Big Bro and Big Sis, and they seem to think the brown and pink chews, you could also get brown and yellow were called Toffee Splits.

Tilly

Thanks Tilly. :) It would be fun to track them down if they still existed, but I wonder if I ate them now whether I'd still like them? I'm more of a savoury person nowadays!

K x

So many sweets to mention, certainly being in 'Sugar Heaven' Darrell Lea - licorice apple flavour, their rocky road, toffee with bits of nuts and chocolate.

From the corner store necklaces made from lolly beads wear them around your neck and eat them made a right sticky mess.

Cobbers caramel swirls, hundreds and thousands on chocolate. toffees, :hypno: I can see them all now, :hypno: who started this thread, I gave these away years ago, in preference for teeth when I am 80. :lol::lol: seriously.

:) Who could forget fairyfloss all over your face while you rushed around Luna Park

:notworthy::thumbs:

Edited by Frangipani