TheNeil

Game, Set and Match Methinks

After my seeming decades of battling and trying to educate the unclean masses about AS, I think I might very well have just found a definite advantage to having a 'different' brain. The HoD (Head of Department) has just wandered away from my desk in something of a daze after trying to engage me in some 'chit chat' (hell's teeth, does the man not understand that 'chit chat'just doesn't happen with me?). Anyway, getting back to the world's most pathetic anecdote...

So the HoD rambles on and on (somethign about...oh I have no idea - management speak probably), I avoid eye-contact and any attempt to engage him in conversation (yep, as outgoing and friendly as ever) and he eventually says "One day you'll be sick of me coming around here" (his office isn't in ours - something to do with not wanting to be with the 'common' people). The answer? "What do you mean one day?"

Now he's know's that I've just insulted him (it's a 'gift') and I know that he doesn't 'get' the TheNeil way or the caustic sarcasm that bubbles just below my terminator style exterior. I also know that he knows that he doesn't 'get' the TheNeil way so put on my sweetest, most innocent face (didn't go so far as as a smile, that would have ruined the effect) and feigned bemusement while he struggled to comprehend what I was saying. I could tell that he was struggling but just figured that I'd let him squirm. It was obvious, even to deranged me, that he couldn't figure out how to respond - Anger (at the 'disabled' man)? Laughter (even though he doesn't 'get it')?

I think he was totally baffled that I even said anything so he just mumbled something about having to go to a meeting and staggered off with a quizzical look on his face :devil:

Ahh, some days it really is worth putting up with all the <insert rude word here> (not often mind you)

:lol::lol::lol: your a enigma.... :bounce: rofl :cheers:

that'll teach him :lol: he's probably scratchin his ass somewhere :D

Not wanting to cast aspertions (but wanting to re-use an old joke) but management would have difficulty finding their asses...even if they used both hands :lol:

:dance:

I do this ALL the time :lol:

I mumble something rotten so I can just about get away with it!

TNT...fighting back the Aspergic way :star:

(Oh alright, it was just an excuse for me to use the star wars smiley again)

Emily

xxx

I do this ALL the time :lol:

I mumble something rotten so I can just about get away with it!

TNT...fighting back the Aspergic way :star:

(Oh alright, it was just an excuse for me to use the star wars smiley again)

Mumble? Nah, this was as clear as day (for a change)(that's probably what shocked him - he's probably never heard my dulcet tones before)

I like the sound of fighting back the AS way though. Next week I think I'll arrange all of the cables in the office by colour and length...that'll teach them. And if that doesn't work, I'll make sure that all of the vertical blinds are perfectly aligned or that all the pencils are sharpened. Beat that so-called 'management' :wacko:

:lol: You know if you really wanted to teach them a lesson you could go and sit in his office and start telling him all about one of your obsessions! It would be all "hiya I just popped in for a quick chat!" and then 30 minutes later his ears will actually have exploded and in future you'll be able to insult him all you like!

Emily

xxx

Edited by badonkadonk