Sign in to follow this  
smiley

That christmas feeling.......

:wacko::wacko::wallbash::wacko::wacko:

Anyone elses' child getting that christmas feeling??

I hate the run up to christmas at school - all that change in routine - practicing for school play - practicing songs............. the change in routine........ :angry:

M's; 'tearful - prone to spacing out - high - looks sad and confused' according to his home/school book. :(:tearful:

Roll on January!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Hi, H is the same - all the decorations - school play - changes in routine at school - he goes berserk and we have lots of sleepless nights.

He's usually off poorly the day of his school play :whistle::D

Why cant they cancel xmas for our kids :angry:

Clare

The hype starts way too early, doesn't it. :wacko: If only it could be done in one short sharp burst it wouldn't be so bad. Two days into November I heard the first rendition of Frosty the Snowman while shopping. :sick:

K x

oh no.....cant we cancel it or something? :(

Noooooo - don't cancel it. We loooove the twinkly lights :hypno::wub::hypno::lol:

Just get rid of the two month build up and chaos - my poor little man looks crackered already :( .

I love the twinkly lights the tinsel and the carols - so does L. But 1st December is plenty early enough for it all to start. :wacko:

K x

hmmm... this thread got me thinking. I'm wondering if I've done this in reverse to my boys. Let me explain :lol:

For the past couple of years I've been singing this little song to them from the first day of advent....

'Christmas is just around the cooorrrrner.... lalalalalalaaaaaaa'....

several times a day until Christmas is here. Ben said to me the other day...' Oh no.... we've only got one more town to go through (the town being 'november') until Christmas is just around the corner and you start singing that terrible song' :o:o:o:lol::lol::lol:

Needless to say... not a peep out of any of them regarding the festive season...except for an alarmingly long list that Ben's been working on since September...but oddly enough none of them seem keen to discuss the coming holidays. :party:

If that didn't make sense to anyone... I'm not surprised.... witter witter witter ... :hypno:

Flo' :D

We've not had any Christmas prep yet from our kiddies 3 schools......but a few peeps down the road have already festooned their houses with decs...... :wacko:

I'm abit edgy about our youngest dd's nativity play because last year she was in tears, and I wished I'd of stood up and removed her.....she was sat there with silent tears rolling down her face :tearful::( the headteacher made of point of informing all the parents not to wave at or hug their children, as it upset them more, and to wait till the play had finished. This year I will have words pre play with her teacher and warn her that if she shows ANY sign of upset, I'm removing her, and blow the HT.

We love all the twinkly lights too....last year splashed out and bought a set a lights with lots of different sequences....yay..... :dance::hypno::hypno:

Youngest dd somehow always manages to strip the tree of chocolates, without anyone noticing.......and to my shame I once ate every chocolate out of dh's advent calender (pre kids), and sealed the doors back up :ph34r::whistle:

I'm abit edgy about our youngest dd's nativity play because last year she was in tears, and I wished I'd of stood up and removed her.....she was sat there with silent tears rolling down her face :tearful::( the headteacher made of point of informing all the parents not to wave at or hug their children, as it upset them more, and to wait till the play had finished. This year I will have words pre play with her teacher and warn her that if she shows ANY sign of upset, I'm removing her, and blow the HT.

Hi I'm with Bagpuss on this one for the following reason.

I've already told my dds school that she won't be doing Christmas play this year. My daughter has to cope with necessary things which need to be done. In my opinion this is not a joyous/fun event for her. Last year she stood on the stage with her hands over her ears throughout even while dancing and singing.

In January she said, "Please mam don't make me do another play as it spoils my Christmas" :crying::crying:

Tilly

:(>:D<<'>

Horrid isn't it :( . Last year, M ran out of the Hall - five minutes into the nativity, he was terrified, hands over his face, and shaking from the moment he went in. The year before.....he was rocking, and crying quietly whilst staring at me, whispering 'mummy' :( Just heartbreaking :(

He's had a dreadful week :( . Thankfully, his school is great. I'm praying that we can help him through without too much anxiety for him (i think i'll be going down the take a couple of days off school route - i really can't see him managing a full week during this half-term, no matter how fantastic his school is :( )

Ho Hum >:D<<'> Hugs to all xx

For the first time in living memory I'm dreading Christmas this year. I feel miserable about being miserable and deprived because I usually love this time of the year, but frankly I haven't got time for it. So much is happening and I'm resenting having to spend time wrapping ****ing presents for people I hardly ever see and can't be bothered with anyway.

Bah, and indeed, humbug.

Karen

x

My non-verbal son was clearly singing parts of jingle bells in the car today!!! :lol::lol::lol:

This did give me a chuckle, The Boy is not entirely verbal but not entirely non either IYKWIM, but we're getting beautiful renditions of "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" at the mo :lol:

Karen T - do what we did - coupla years ago (and this was pre dx) we told everyone in the family we weren't buying pressies any more for any of 'em. We said we wanted to spend the money on pressies for The Boy and suggested they spent their money on pressies for their kids. The majority were relieved and glad of us broaching a subject they felt uncomfortable raising. The others that weren't happy? Stuff em, along with the turkey. :lol:

Well I'm in a right old dilemma!

Ben can't think of ANYTHING (save a few ps 2 games) he wants for Xmas...

I was thinking of making it a 'biggy' with a laptop so that he'd have one on hand for secondary school (the primary school having messed up the CAP application), but then found prices haven't quite dropped enough yet!

I did love, though, Ben's response to this idea:

'Yes - Great!'

'So you'd like one then?'

'Yes - 'cos then you could have windows XP on it and I'd be able to play 'Hotwheels Generation'*

That was his ONLY reason for wanting it - he bought this one game a while back (* that's made up, BTW - I couldn't remember what it really was called) that won't play on Win98 (as installed on his desktop and which he doesn't want to upgrade because there are other games that will only play on 98).

I also pointed out to him how lucky he was to be 'wanting for nothing' He thought about it, agreed with me and added, "AND I've got the best dad in the whole wide world!" :tearful::tearful::wub:

Of course, I had to hit him and send him to bed early for being such a little creep! :devil::devil:;)

L&P

TBDITW :lol::lol::lol:

well have persuaded el that she doesnt really need a real dog carrier etc.......and all was sort of ok until i got her the tenth anni pokemon mag, and its got all the different pokemon games in it and guess what.....thats all she wants now......... :whistle:

We love Christmas. Our non verbal 21 year old plays Christmas music all year round and watches Christmas cartoons even if its 90 degrees outside.

We are off to Eurodisney on Sunday for his late 21st Birthday pressie, the first day Disney has all the Chrissie decorations up.

Lorainex

i love christmas, i just dont like when we put the tree up. couple of years ago i made the mistake of buying musical lights........as soon as the tree goes up DS insists on the lights going on and throws a mega meltdown when i wanna turn em off.... its going up on xmas eve this year, and coming down on boxing day. i really couldnt take 12 days of constant 'dashing through the snow' and 'rudolph the red' blah blah.

I have had a very lengthy discussion about World Time with Ben today. He was wondering how Santa handled the time difference around the world.... Obviously we decided that he'd start off down under and work his way round....Ben then decided that is the reason why we have different time zones.. to help Santa get round everyone and nobody is kept waiting.... :wub:

Flo' X

I have had a very lengthy discussion about World Time with Ben today. He was wondering how Santa handled the time difference around the world.... Obviously we decided that he'd start off down under and work his way round....Ben then decided that is the reason why we have different time zones.. to help Santa get round everyone and nobody is kept waiting.... :wub:

Flo' X

Have you seen NASA's Santa Tracker? I think this is the link: http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/home/seasonal/SantaTrack.html

Obviously it's dead at the moment but on Christmas Eve there are news bulletins about where Santa has been, cartoon images of him flying over Red Square and the Great Wall Of China etc. It's great fun.

Karen

x