PinkSapphireAngel

Local newspaper published my letter

It is the second one of mine they have printed but this time they used my NAME.

I emailed them a few weeks ago as I had read an article in there by a member of our council saying the government cuts to the educational psychology service were to blame for the awful amount of time it takes to get your child's special educatonal needs assessed and met.

I emailed saying yes these cuts are wrong but that they are not the main reason these kids are not having their needs assessed and met, that it was the LEA who are making things so impossible.

I told them all about the tribunal, how even after that they refused the statement and that I had had no option but to home educate.

I also said although he is now in school he is still suffering from the damage they have done by not assessing and meeting his needs much earlier.

I said the Parent Partnership had been very supportive.

I did not say anything that was not true so although I am sure the LEA will be upset they cannot really say anything and basically if they do get personal I will fight back as always.

Good for you!! :notworthy::thumbs::clap:

The majority of people without children with special needs probably have absolutely no idea how the LEA is letting most of us down! Think I might take a leaf out of your book and write my own letter! :dance:

~ Mel ~

Yeah, good for you PSA. :clap: The LEA prob will be upset (when are they not?) but personally the way I feel at the moment that's a bonus! :D

Luv Witsend.

Edited by witsend