Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

What a twit I am!!

This morning before popping into the supermarket I went to get some money out of the ATM. Straight after withdrawing �20, I went to another machine because I needed a mini statement. Only after doing my shopping and getting to the checkout I realised that I didn't have any money - when I turned away to see if the other ATM was free, I must have left the �20 in the first machine. :wallbash::wallbash:

Oh well, I suppose at least it wasn't �200, but straight after Christmas I could do without throwing away �20 . :crying: I hope the person who's got my money really needs it. :angry:

I hope it isn't going to be one of those days.... :wacko:

K x

Oh no :(:( Have you checked at the bank because I'm sure I've heard that sometimes if the money isn't withdrawn after a certain amount of time it goes back into the machine.Worth a try :(

Sorry for your loss, Kathryn! You are not a twit, perhaps you were too worried about something while you were taking money out... Maybe the money is still in your account. Worth asking your bank about it.

The same thing happened to me 2 days ago, but the machine kept beeping and I didn't know why until I realised that my money was still in the slot.

Curra

Oh, Kathryn, I did this the other week as well!! I was so infuriated with myself. I used the machine, popped into the chemist, which is right next to the machine, got to the til and realized my mistake. I was only gone a minute at the most but by the time I'd run outside the money was gone! I felt I knew who'd taken it as well, it must have been the woman who was right behind me at the machine, but I didn't feel able to run after her and accuse her. I was kicking myself for the rest of the day. :angry:

Bad luck, but I suppose you can take some comfort in feeling that you've made someone elses day though, maybe! You've done your good deed for the day!! :huh:

~ Mel ~

Oh no :(:( Have you checked at the bank because I'm sure I've heard that sometimes if the money isn't withdrawn after a certain amount of time it goes back into the machine.Worth a try :(

Maybe you could ring the bank, they have the time of the transaction, they usually are on camera, and chances are it went back into the machine. Worth a phone call, what have you got to loose. :(

:)

Oh Kathryn >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I'm usually totally distracted at the ATM's as youngest dd is intent on pressing all the buttons or doing a runner.....the last daft incident I had was when I went to the supermarket, used my debit card in chip and pin machine, left with shopping, went to petrol station, put petrol in, went in to pay......and no debit card :( Luckily they trusted me to leave, go back to supermarket, get card from checkout operator, and return to garage to pay....phew :wacko:

I've actually been on the other end of this one. I walked past an ATM once which had a nice crisp �10 sticking out of it. Suffice to say it wasn't sticking out for long.

My reasoning was that it looked like a homeless bank note so I simply gave it a home...in my wallet. :lol:

Hubbie did this on my birthday last year. He took out �100 (eek!) or rather I should say didn't take it out, because he walked away without lifting it. We only realised at the end of the evening, when the time came to pay the bill, which did slightly take the shine off the evening...

Well, the day got slightly better from then on! :rolleyes: I didn't pursue it - I suppose I could have asked the supermarket to look at their CCTV to see what the fate of my �20 was, but it felt like too much hard work today. :wacko:

Emum :o:o losing �100 - now that would have made me really sick!!

K x

Hi Kathryn - >:D<<'> :(

Best thing I can suggest is you treat yourself to a slap up meal at a good but reasonably priced restaurant, then check out the price of the same meal at a really exclusive top restaurant and congratulate yourself on how much money you've SAVED... Bet it's more than twenty quid!

{NB: I thank all you laydeez saving vast amounts of money in the sales for the inspiration! :o:devil: }

Hope the others are right about the machine grabbing it back - get yourself a mini statement tomorrow to see...

L&P

BD :D