Sign in to follow this  
hev

family members

how come family can wind me up so much :crying:

my sister and her husband are lovely people and im very close to them BUT why do they not think steven has problems and in there words hes a normal 13 year old,if he has no probs why when im at breaking point do they not offer to have him for the evening,why dont they just admit they cant handle him,she said to me the other day oh my son was like that when he was stevens age,HE WAS NOT!!!she said to mum oh my husband could get him to behave,well if its so easy have him for a couple of days instead of doing rolley eyes and sighing when he starts :tearful: i get so frustrated cos i really like them,i understand they dont have to help me with steve so just shut up and keep your opinions to yourself if your not gonna do anything constuctive to help :(

she phoned me today and said oh we are really gonna miss steve when he goes residential,EXCUSE ME,they hardly see him,how will they miss him!!

well ive got that off my chest,think ive got pmt(sorry men!)cos i feel quite irate :crying:

Oh sorry hev, I can relate to this also. It seems that family have a special ability to wind us up, maybe it's because they're the very people we want and need support from that it's just so hard to take when they don't give it to us.

At least we're all like a family here, we can support each other.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I know you are already feeling jittery about Steve going to residential school, so the comment would of hit a raw nerve. It is so hard if the difficulties you face are not acknowledged by those who are close to you. Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Edited by Bagpuss

Hev

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Relatives can be too close to be nice and supportive as they should, if that makes sense.

I've got a fridge magnet that says "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" and it reminds me all the time that I have to have a thick skin with my family :D

Don't let them wind you up. Take care

Curra

It's so easy for those who aren't involved on a daily basis to make their ridiculous statements, isn't it?

Thing is they never see the child at their very worst, mum and dad at the end of their tether, and the family in crisis.

So easy for others who don't have direct contact to make their 'helpful little comments'.......

But they don't offer to spend a day in your shoes either! :rolleyes:

Edited by ellisisamazing

Ohh don't get me started on families!! My mother winds me up so much. She claims my dd has nothing wrong with her that a stable home and a bit of love wouldn't cure :angry: Because I quite clearly DON'T love any of my kids (I am a very affectionate mother btw).

She said that my dd is just hyper sensitive to change and things upset her a lot more than other kids but there's nothing wrong with her. erm...hello?

I do feel for you and hope you can sort it out with your family - I don't think I'll ever get through to my mum though

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hev. I can sympathise. I really can. Sending lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> As nothing i can say will make the situation any better.

I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by pingu

How very very annoying, our families could be related, lol

At the end of the day you are doing what is right for Steven and that is what will come across in the end, it may just take time for others to realise it, >:D<<'>