1. 1. What do you add?

• Nothing, just potato
    • Just a dash of milk
    • Just a scoop of butter
    • Cheese
    • Spring onions
    • Sausages (!)
    • Something bizarre (go on, tell us)

Following on from my in depth study into favourite pasta shapes, I'm going to ask yet another of those questions that are vital to society. So how doyou make/prefer mashed potato?

Yes, I am bored

I like to copy the various styles they do in recipe books or restaurant.

My favourite is with Pontiac Potatoes.

When Potatoes are tender drain and add the following.

in a microwave proof measuring cup add butter Milk 1 clove crushed garlic microwave on high heat for 20 seconds till warm not boiling, then add to potatoes that have already been mashed. Whip till creamy and fluffy. For a more creamy option add a dash of fresh cream or sour cream. Toss in some chopped chives, if you are totally health conscious replace butter with Canola marg or olive oil margarine.

I call it Wicked mashed potatoes :devil::) because I rarely eat potatoes as they are a big no no!! :blink: for the diet conscious.

Awesome!!

Edited by Frangipani

Boil potatoes......mash with butter and milk.......serve onto plate........five mins later scrape into bin.

Mashed potatoes are evil, EVIL, pure evil I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*backs away from them*). :o:ph34r:

~ Mel ~

I do mine the lazy way with frozen mash (I know, sacrilege isn't it?) and add lots of butter, black pepper and chives. We're having it tonight as a matter of fact, with lamb steaks and minted peas. Yummy!

Karen

x

In answer to your question "How do you prefer mashed potato?" my answer would also be "in the bin". :devil:

I think mashed potato is disgusting - it's baby food, basically. :sick::sick:

I only use it as a pie topping and when I do that I buy it ready made from a particular high street store. I've mentioned this on the forum before and was mocked and vilified for not making my own. :crying::crying: But why would I want to spend all that time peeling and boiling spuds just to end up with a starchy goo? :huh:

K x

I add butter, milk, salt and pepper......my SIL used to make her with swede aswell, it was lovely, but no hope of me making it like that in houseful of veggie phobes. I followed a recipe once which included adding some mustard, which was nice, but the kids noticed straight away :wacko:

What I sometimes do is mash the potatoe from a baked potato, add butter, lots of cheese and a chopped hard boiled egg. Then put it back in the skin and top with grated cheese and grill. I never actually get around to eating the skins so it is mashed potato in disguise!

Another good one (a healthier option) is sweet potato mashed with cheese and topped with chopped tomato, basil and cheese again. Making me hungry now!

crack an egg into it and carry on mashing,the heat of the tate cooks the egg.it tastes really creamy.the more eggs added,the more creamy it tastes.

Usually it's Pepper and loads of butter.

But I do like it with cheese when the meal allows! Especially when I have time to grill it and get the top all brown and crispy! Yum, yum, yummy! :clap::clap: