opheila

Disney land paris

I am taking L to Disneyland paris in April i am a bit nervous. He has not been on a plane before and i dont know how he will react. Has anyone been can you give me so advice or tell me you experience. I am flying with easy jet and worried how well they deal with special needs children

thanks

opheila :blink:

Edited by opheila

hi ive not been personally but my friend took her special needs child.and you can get a special pass from the french town hall.which means you dont have to queue.all you have to do is take a letter from the doctor of dla paper work with you and voila..have a great holiday pet i would love to take mine but hubby is anti disney...lol...love noogsy

Hi opheila,

I've been to Disney Land Paris a few times, even though my sons love flying, we have always travelled on the Euro Star as the train takes you right to Disney Land.

There's information on Disney Paris on these previous topics and the NAS link gives information on flying.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Back from Disneyland Paris

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...ic=5716&hl=

Disneyland Paris

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...ic=3110&hl=

Holiday guidelines

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1064&a=7246

Hi I took my two to disney when my son was about 6. We didn't get the passes because at the time I wasn't aware you could, but seriously wish we could off, the queing for rides was a nightmare and some of the french were so bloomin rude with their pushing and shoving.

We went by eurostar and it takes you direct so that was good.

My son didn't like it very much as he was scared of the characters so would hide under the table everytime a bit of commotion was made which would normally mean they were on their way around to the tables at breakfast, great way to start your breakfast, lol

All in all it was pretty good and I would like to go again.

Hope you have a lovely time >:D<<'>

Thanks for the replies i have emailed disney land and asked them if i bring his DLA letter if they could provide me with a pass i am staying at hotel priemer classe de brussey georges and dont know if they have a town hall yet. Hopefully might get a pass from park. Couldnt afford to stay at the park at the prices they are charging

opheila

The town hall is in the disney park just inside the entrance on Main Street. It's their customer service. You just need to present your dla letter and they'll give you a "guest assistance pass" for the duration of your stay. You don't need to be staying at a disney hotel. They'll also provide you with a disabled map telling you where to enter the rides, on some rides this will be at the exit on others the fast pass entrance.

Have a lovely time.

Lisa

Remember that your pass will allow you to stand in the disabled areas for the parades. These places are obviously not so busy so you don't have to worry about other people and they are at the front so you get a really good view.

I was also really bad and toltally embarassed dh! Ds really wanted to see a character and I told him to queue but everybody else was pushing and he was getting really angry because no one was sticking to the rules. I showed his pass to the "minder" and the character, it was Stitch was taken over to ds for a considerable amount of time!!

You need to get a different pass to use in the Studios. When you go through the gates the customer service is on your right hand side before you enter the big studio doors.

Ds loves the "idea" of Disney but finds the reality very hard and the pass went such a long way to making the experience much more enjoyable for all of us.

For the flights let them know either at check in or before boarding that you have a child with special needs. We were allowed on first which helped him get settled and didn't have to walk with crowds.

Have a great time!!

Carrie

WE went October half term. I had tried to research on the internet before hand to see if they had any passes for us, but it seemed not from all their documentation. The first day was awful, with so much stress and having to queue, added to which my DH hadn't wanted to go in the first place as he thought it would be too much for DS.

It rained as well!!!

Then i saw someone using an exit pass and approached her to ask her about it - poor woman probably thought I was going to have a go at her!!

With the pass in hand, days 2,3 and 4 were SOOOOOO much less stressful and we really enjoyed it. My daughter (4) in particular is still mentioning it almost daily. I really want to go back again as I think it will be better now that we know some of the tricks, i just have to convince DH that it would be a good thing to do.................or go without him!

Hope that you have a great time!!

Edited by phoebe

Thanks for all the information guys i am really worried about taking L because it is his first time on plane and abroad so at least now i wont be running around like a headless chicken :lol: now does anyone know if the plastic bag still applies on boarding the plane or can you take your handbag and a small bag with dvd player in it

I know onces i have done this once with L i wont be so worked up the next time i go abroad with him uh if life isnt stressful enough lol

thanks guys for all your help as usual you are all brill

opheila

I went when I was 11 and I hated it. The noise and crowds and smells were horrible for me and I didn't get to somewhere quiet until we were back in England - even the hotel was noisy. I did like the rides, I liked one of the rollercoasters very much, but I found all the other things very hard to cope with. I know some autistic children mind noise and crowds and smells more than others though so I don't want to put anyone off just because it wasn't so good for me.