Sign in to follow this  
JoolieDoolie

New to the forum - hello!

Hi there, I am new to the forum.

I have a 5 yr old son with high functioning autism (diagnosed in July, no statement yet but we're hoping!), 2.5 yr old daughter (NT) and 4 month old boy (too little, fingers crossed, we are doing a BabyLab Research project with him to monitor his development and provide research on autism). Have my hands full!

This forum is quite a maze so I'm just getting to grips with it!

Not too much to say yet (although my head is full of things to talk about!) apart from I managed to get my son to agree to a haircut (carried out by me!) on Friday and he agreed to me writing it on the calendar ... any tips?

I have a 5 yr old son with high functioning autism (diagnosed in July, no statement yet but we're hoping!), 2.5 yr old daughter (NT) and 4 month old boy (too little, fingers crossed, we are doing a BabyLab Research project with him to monitor his development and provide research on autism). Have my hands full!

Not too much to say yet (although my head is full of things to talk about!) apart from I managed to get my son to agree to a haircut (carried out by me!) on Friday and he agreed to me writing it on the calendar ... any tips?

Hi Julie - and welcome to the forum! :thumbs::thumbs:

Did you mean hairdressing tips? If so, I'm right out of 'em at the moment! :lol::lol:

Forum tip, though, take your time and have a good shufty round 'cos there is masses of information and links on just about everything AS/ASD...

Any specific questions, bung up a post 'cos there's some clever beggars here who will help if they can :clap:

L&P

BD :D

Hello Joolie and you certainly do have your hands full, compaired to me anyway, a ten year old boy, an only one, and I struggle with him so dont know how on earth you do three, but it looks like your doing a fantastic job.

statements can be a bit of a fight but a must if your son is going to struggle at the beginning of school, so do familiarise with the education section and you can always come here for some support and information.

Its a great family atmosphere here and lots of great people and wonder mums and dads, its a place where we all come to share the joys and the sorrows of our lives raising a child with a range of complex specail needs, so you are coming to a place that will support you and understand.

I hope you feel welcome and nice to meet you, and your family.

JsMum

Any specific questions, bung up a post 'cos there's some clever beggars here who will help if they can :clap:

did he say clever?that rules him out then :D obviously hes talking about me :D

Hi JoolieDoolie

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the haircut: there are several previous threads about this: here are a couple to be going on with.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...hl=hairdressers

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...hl=hairdressers

Please ask if you need help finding your way around,

Kathryn :)

Edited by Kathryn

HI

Welcome, i too am a newbie as i only joined last week. Everyone seems friendly and some seem crazy from the threads i have read lol

Hi JoolieDoolie :D

Welcome to the forum

Good luck with the haircut. Up until my youngest was 6 getting his haircut was a 4 man job! 3 to hold him down and one to do the cutting! I would have let it grow long if it wasn't for the fact that he has really thick hair which looks very odd when it gets too long! He likes getting it cut now.

Hopefully whatever problems your son has with having his haircut he will grow out of in the next year or two.

Flora :D

:D Hello and welcome, don't worry you'll soon get the hang of it but I will warn you this forum is addictive a quick 10 minutes look usually turns into a couple of hours !!!!!

Well done with the haircut, great idea to put it on the calendar, I am going to try that with my DS he's almost 12 and is very un cooperative when it comes to touching his hair :blink:

Clare x >:D<<'>

Hi welcome to the forum.The people here are a great crew-very well informed and helpful.Karen.

Hi DoolieJoolie....warm welcome >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope the hairdressing goes well :D Our youngest dd didn't go to the hairdressers until recently....and that was because she managed to hack half her hair off with some scissors :crying::crying: Beautiful long blonde ringlets.....gone :crying::crying::crying: It turned out to be a better experience than I'd expected, and she was fine :D Although the hairdresser has to be quick :lol:

Take care

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the haircut. Not got any experiences of that but saw how some ASD children can be about other hygiene related things whilst at the special school. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope you find this place as useful as I have. All the best, David.