fiorelli

Transporters DVD

I recieved my copy last week, but haven't had chance to watch it yet. Has anyone else recieved their copy? Have you watched it? What did you think?

My son watches it, but it is rather patronising and slow - I feel anyway.

I would rather teach my son emotions by actually feeling them. It is not all it's cracked up to be, just something to glue him to for 15 mins while I get something done.

Hi

My 6 year old asd son has been watching it and I've really noticed a difference in him over the past week. He keeps making reference to people being happy, or sad, which he never commented on before. He also loves the quiz. They have been watching it at school too.

My 5 year old who is non-verbal, but loves trains, is not interested in it in the slightest, so doesn't appeal to everyone!

G

Still haven't got ours.

It's for ds#1 who's 7 but I may have to be sneaky and put it on saying it's for ds#2 (3) and hoping it graps his interest!

A bit slow, a bit boring for my lot. DS2 isn't interested at all, DS3 is just into Power Rangers, although DS1 pops it into the DVD player every now and then. It intrigues me a bit, because I like to see how well the expressions match the emotions!!

Not for everyone; would have been better when the boys were toddlers.

Lizzie x

I went to an NAS seminar a few weeks ago where someone did a presentation on it and we watched a bit. I found it tedious because the facial expressions are very deliberate and exaggerated and the stories are not particularly interesting, but apparently the results have been impressive, according to the research.

I agree, a more "girly" equivalent would be good.

K x

Yes got ours, but M looked at the cover and said

"Boring" and walked away, not going to push it,

just leave it laying around in the hope he

decides to have a look.

Mine turned up last week - and went straight to a friend who wanted to borrow it! So i still haven't seen it :rolleyes: . Friend is impressed with it though - but, her little lad is very into trains. I'm all for it - anything that gets people thinking of ways to help our children is all good with me :notworthy: .

:)

My son has watched it once (he is 5 yrs and high functioning) and hasn't watched it since - I am leaving it around in a hope he will change his mind.

My 2.5 yr old daughter loves it (she is NT)!!!

I find it boring and predictable, but the emotions on the face are the main thing and they seem to work well.

I would say, if your child enjoys it and watch it over and over then they can learn emotions from it. I think the faces are exaggerated on purpose and it works!!

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive - I'm hoping my youngest will like it as he loves trains - he is non-verbal but as yet showing no other ASD signs, but I'm hoping it will be beneficial if it arrives!

Ordered ours about four weeks ago or more, still waiting. DD's nursery teacher also ordered one before then still waiting also. Watched trailer on internet site, don't know if it will grab dd's attention as its quite slow moving and lots of detail, she tends to respond better to programs like peppa pig where there isn't a lot of background detail to distract her attention, also something special as it uses pictures to show signs and rienforce actions.

Some of the faces may be familiar to children familar with cbeebies, sarah from razzle dazzle, oh that makes me sound really sad, but its the only channel i ever get to watch nowdays!!!!!

Still waiting for mine too, although ordered it in January when it was first mentioned.

At this rate J will be about 19 by the time he gets it. Wonder if he'll still be interested?

Karen

x