Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Ashamed

:(

The bike ride last night didn't go well :tearful:

I kept veering off in the wrong direction, and realised my handlebars were wonky :oops: A jogger had to leap onto a grass verge to avoid me taking him down :whistle:

Since when did saddles become so hard? :blink: I don't remember going numb in parts I'd rather not when bombing about on me Chopper :ph34r:

DS had planned a lovely route, up through the woods :thumbs: ....Eldest DD so excited. :bounce:

I managed 10m.....no, not 10 miles, ...............10 minutes :tearful:

I am SO ashamed...... :ph34r:

DH was howling with laughter.... :shame:

I had to walk back :(

Edited by Bagpuss

Aww, love. Hell, at least you tried - you wouldn't get me on a bike for a golden cow (as my granny used to say).

Maybe your vehicle needs an overhaul. Gotta have the right equipment, you know.

Better luck next time.

Karen

x

The bike ride last night didn't go well :tearful:

I kept veering off in the wrong direction, and realised my handlebars were wonky :oops: A jogger had to leap onto a grass verge to avoid me taking him down :whistle:

quote]

Maybe you need to put the trainer wheels back on. :devil::oops: just kidding, couldn't resist.

Perhaps you need to practise on a fixed exercise bike, sometimes its hard to ride a bike if you havent used those muscles for a while. Especially if it is hilly.

Good on you for giving it a go. :clap::clap:

Better luck next time, perhaps an easier track or path??

:)

Cheers All :lol:

Karen, don't think it needs an overhaul......it's never been used :lol::lol: Just didn't realise just how tiring it would be...... :ph34r: Who'd of thought I'd of been so unfit having a bod just like Kylie :whistle:

The bike ride bit i can do, it's the getting off the bike n walking in a straight line that's the hard part......... 30 mins to shop n then back the other day, no problem :thumbs: ...............

BUT..

Have you seen Bridget Jones? Remember the bit were she gets off the exercise bike in the gym and falls to the floor....??

:whistle::ph34r::whistle:

:rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

I thought the bike riding would be a lovely, chilled out way to exercise, and spend some quality time with our eldest two kiddies :unsure: Crikey, that saddle HURT! :blink: My legs went wobbly, I couldn't breathe, my back was so sore, my bum went numb....not good, not good at all :curlers:

Oohhhh Smiley, now that sounds good! :thumbs: Will refrain from any naughty smutty comments......will PM you them instead :lol::devil::ph34r: Do they come in different sizes, dependant on bottom? :whistle:

Since when did saddles become so hard? :blink: I don't remember going numb in parts I'd rather not when bombing about on me Chopper :ph34r:

Hmmmmm.... I think it's a physic's question - the cushioning effect of the saddle material twixt buttock and metal is effected in direct proportion to the mass applied from above.........................

So, Kylie, I guess that must be a very thin saddle then? ;):P

The 'chopper' was 98% saddle and 2% bike - that might be a factor.

Incidentally, did you know that cowboy's used to cook their dinner by placing a huge steak under the 'flap' (that's a technical term used by tack-makers, I think) of their saddles between the leather and the horses flank? After a few hours riding they would have a perfectly cooked and tenderised T.Bone to accompany their chilli beans...

That's true, that! Now think what it's doing to your :o:o:o

Talking of which - an old joke (can't be bothered to find the old joke thread!):

A Newly married couple arrive at their honeymoon hotel. The receptionist says 'Do you want the bridal suite?' The bride says 'No thanks, honey, I'll just hang on to his ears until I get used to it'......

Ahm a long, tall Texan

I ride a big black horse

(he rides from Texas on a big black horse)

Ahm a long, tall Texan

I ride a big black horse

(he rides from Texas on a big black horse)

When i ride by the people cry

'Oh Roy, oh Roy, is that your horse?'

I say 'Of course!'

L&P

BD:

Didya know that in the fifties Tour de France professional racing type bods used to put steaks down their shorts as well?!! :dance::sick: That's true an' all, that!

Bagpuss, get yourself some nice padded cycling shorts. :dance:

Bravo for giving it a go. Next time you'll do twelve mins and the next fourteen, etc. etc., you'll be doing 10 miles before ya know it. :clap:

~ Mel ~

Steak down their shorts? :sick: Hmmm, steak's abit expensive for me....I suppose I could try a pork chop...... :unsure: Would it have the same effect? :ph34r:

Thanks BD...I wish I had my chopper back...now THAT'S a saddle :thumbs: I loved it nearly as much as my Penny Puppy Walker :wub:

Bagpuss,

Cycling is a great way to exercise. The saddle soreness will wear off after a few days - just do short rides and you will get used to it. I have just taken up touring cycling - my latest obsession. Padded shorts / trousers are excellent and a ladies specific saddle. You also need to make sure your saddle is at the right height ie. your legs need to be fully extended when in the down position. If they aren't it can be very tiring. Speed is not of the essence - I crawl along at an average of 12 mph but my DH chases steam engines (on the Bristol - Bath Railway Path) and even tried to race a rabbit the other week!! Don't give up!

Yoyo

I'm not going to give up Yoyo.....thanks for the advice :thumbs: I didn't know you could get a ladies saddle.... :unsure: I think mine is definately too low, my legs don't fully extend, so will try making it higher, and look into some proper clothing and the gel whotsit that Smiley recommended.

Can anyone advise me about gears...I dunno what I should be in....does it make a big difference? :unsure:

I'm not going to give up Yoyo.....thanks for the advice :thumbs: I didn't know you could get a ladies saddle.... :unsure: I think mine is definately too low, my legs don't fully extend, so will try making it higher, and look into some proper clothing and the gel whotsit that Smiley recommended.

Can anyone advise me about gears...I dunno what I should be in....does it make a big difference? :unsure:

What gear should you be in? Shorts and T shirt if sunny - don't cycle if it's wet! :D

Steak down their shorts? :sick: Hmmm, steak's abit expensive for me....I suppose I could try a pork chop...... :unsure: Would it have the same effect? :ph34r:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Do you think that's why my dog chases after the postman? I thought rover was after leg of postie - turns out it was leg of lamb! Is that a turkey drumstick in your uniform pocket or............................(?)

BTW - the Tour de France is coming through Kent in July... Now given that it is still called The Tour de France and Kent is undoubtedly an English county I am forced by logic to the conclusion that they must be making a territorial claim of some sort - So I'm treating it as an Invasion!! :star::star:

Ben and I are busy in the shed of a weekend building our new ultra-sophisticated, self guided bummel-bag bombs (Pat. Pending)... They home in on garlic scented lycra and squirt 'Creme Englaise' (custard) between shorts and saddle, thus defrictionalising the materials of both leading to 'wobble-bottom' and 'cheek-slippage' Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Those Frenchie's are gonna look like a posse of deranged weebles (for any younger readers who may not know and are concerned about lasting damage to any contestant, rest assured that 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down') through one particular leg of the Tour De Britain as it will henceforth be known....

Now, be upstanding please:

God save our..................... etc etc etc

L&P

Colonel (English) Mustard ;)

Think you'd probably have to take the bone out first! :o

~ Mel ~

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Do you think that's why my dog chases after the postman? I thought rover was after leg of postie - turns out it was leg of lamb! Is that a turkey drumstick in your uniform pocket or............................(?)

BTW - the Tour de France is coming through Kent in July... Now given that it is still called The Tour de France and Kent is undoubtedly an English county I am forced by logic to the conclusion that they must be making a territorial claim of some sort - So I'm treating it as an Invasion!! :star::star:

Ben and I are busy in the shed of a weekend building our new ultra-sophisticated, self guided bummel-bag bombs (Pat. Pending)... They home in on garlic scented lycra and squirt 'Creme Englaise' (custard) between shorts and saddle, thus defrictionalising the materials of both leading to 'wobble-bottom' and 'cheek-slippage' Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Those Frenchie's are gonna look like a posse of deranged weebles (for any younger readers who may not know and are concerned about lasting damage to any contestant, rest assured that 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down') through one particular leg of the Tour De Britain as it will henceforth be known....

Now, be upstanding please:

God save our..................... etc etc etc

L&P

Colonel (English) Mustard ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

DH borrowed my bike tonight. The kids thought they'd get further with him :whistle: They did 4 miles......but DH said my saddle isn't 'arf 'ard, and hurt him too :lol: