Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

The horrors of house buying...

Yes, Wet and Wild was suggested, although I also suggested Lightwater Valley, and I got the impression most people there preferred doing something outdoors, but of course, there is the weather to consider, and you know how unpredictable that is....don't be worrying about the cossie Liz, your half the size of me :D

Aww thankyou, but I have put weight on and not sure the thing fits me still lol, I also don't like my legs lol, aren't we daft???[/size]

I had a disc removed from my lower spine when I was 17, after traction and epidurals etc failed to work. I have to be careful how I bend and lift, especially with youngest dd having to have physical support when climbing in and out of bath, or car etc. My weight doesn't help TBH, and I find I have less probs when I'm slimmer.

sounds painful!

The bungalow situation is beginning to take it's toll. Had a thumping head all day, and beginning to feel unwell with the stress. It's even beginning to affect DH. My mum is beginning to get quite concerned, bless her, and we have spent the afternoon with her. Still unsure what's happening, still waiting on reports......

Catch up properly at the next meeting hun, take care >:D<<'>

yes take care, are you all coming this time? well see you soon! take care

Yes, Wet and Wild was suggested, although I also suggested Lightwater Valley, and I got the impression most people there preferred doing something outdoors, but of course, there is the weather to consider, and you know how unpredictable that is....don't be worrying about the cossie Liz, your half the size of me :D

Aww thankyou, but I have put weight on and not sure the thing fits me still lol, I also don't like my legs lol, aren't we daft???[/size]

I had a disc removed from my lower spine when I was 17, after traction and epidurals etc failed to work. I have to be careful how I bend and lift, especially with youngest dd having to have physical support when climbing in and out of bath, or car etc. My weight doesn't help TBH, and I find I have less probs when I'm slimmer.

sounds painful!

The bungalow situation is beginning to take it's toll. Had a thumping head all day, and beginning to feel unwell with the stress. It's even beginning to affect DH. My mum is beginning to get quite concerned, bless her, and we have spent the afternoon with her. Still unsure what's happening, still waiting on reports......

Aww thankyou, but I have put weight on and not sure the thing fits me still lol, I also don't like my legs lol, aren't we daft???

sounds painful![/size]

Aww thankyou, but I have put weight on and not sure the thing fits me still lol, I also don't like my legs lol, aren't we daft???

sounds painful!

sounds painful!

Liz, my eyes have gone abit :hypno::hypno::hypno: reading all your replies :lol::lol::lol: Have you been on the wine? :whistle:

Yes, will be coming next time, but just me and youngest dd probably. One of us has to be at home to take and collect eldest dd to Brownies.

Liz, my eyes have gone abit :hypno::hypno::hypno: reading all your replies :lol::lol::lol: Have you been on the wine? :whistle:

Yes, will be coming next time, but just me and youngest dd probably. One of us has to be at home to take and collect eldest dd to Brownies.

oops sorry, don't know what happened there lol, but I was tired! (not on the wine lol) look forward to seeing you!

take care Liz

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the bungalow saga :rolleyes:

Got a call from the agents last week to say the reports should be ready by Wed (this week), then hopefully we should know what probs we are dealing with, and if we definately want to go ahead. We've had an appt with the solicitor, who has advised us not to proceed with anything until we know....aparantly if there is a prob with shale it's vast sums of money (although wouldn't have to be covered by us) but also a huge job in itself, so unsure if we would actually proceed with buying it.

Not heard from our buyers, and our agents havn't been able to have a chat to them as yet, so I'm trying to take the view of no news is good news on that score. :unsure:

DH totally fed up with it dragging on, seems like we've been living with uncertainty since we accepted an offer on ours 9 weeks ago.

I've sort of got a bit uninterested in it all now, don't know why, just feel as if I've been ringing everyone, trying to find out whats going on, trying to keep everyone informed, trying to keep on top of the situation, and now I just feel deflated and weary from it all and all my initial excitement has evaporated. What will be will be :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Had to pull out of purchase today. Reports finally sorted yesterday, instructed solicitors to begin searches and made an appt for Monday to discuss completion date. One of the reports stated that roof did need repairs, costing a few hundred pounds. We rang agents today to confirm if owner was going to get work done before we move in or knock it off asking price....found out she is doing neither. :tearful:

She is refusing as she has paid for reports, and we feel totally exasperated with it all. We made it clear from the outset that we would only proceed if she was willing to fund reports and essential repairs, so all this waiting has been pointless. The last few weeks have been so stressful and difficult :(

But......................the first bungalow we viewed, many, many months ago came back on the market yesterday :o The chain had broken down. We put an offer in on this property before any others, and it was rejected for being too low, and then the next day, when we decided to increase it, someone beat us to it :rolleyes: So we decided it wasn't meant to be, and moved on and found another.....and then another........ :wacko::blink:

So, today, I rang, checked it was definately fully available and submitted a higher offer....and they accepted :dance:

Seems really bizarre that we are now buying the first bungalow we viewed (out of lots and lots) and the first bungalow we offered on (out of a few too :hypno::lol: )......mum thinks it's fate, as it was always her favourite one :wub: It's a 4 bed detached one, and has lots of space for the kids. :clap:

Please wish us luck, think we need it, and if this one falls through, then we are going to have to stay put....cannot afford to survey anymore, this is our last hope :pray: Third time lucky eh :pray:

Deep breaths Baggy......deep breaths........

Wow this is such a stressful process, isn't it?! Puts me off ever moving. :wacko:

I hope you get your first choice house- so far so good. :pray:

K x

Guest Lya of the Nox

wooohhooooo

keeping as much as i can crossed,

tis a strange site tho, so cant do it for too long

i am really pleased for u,

x

Edited by Lya of the Nox

Thanks all....just rang building society to arrange another survey............our poor credit card :tearful::tearful: Thank gawd we've got our Joseph tickets safely stashed away.........think it would of been fish n chips and a bottle of dandelion and burdock for my 40th otherwise :lol::lol:

Wow, what a rollercoaster you're having, Bagpuss. Very, very best of luck with this place, really hope it works out for you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

oooooooo are you going to see joseph? The guy that won on bbc? I loved him that show was great!!! Il be jealous!!!

Just to let you all know that we took the house off the market yesterday, and have decided to stay put. I think it all got to the point that we somehow lost our way, and felt totally confused by our own decisions. The longer it went on, the more the pressure built, and it was difficult to actually think clearly. DH and I both feel relieved, and as if a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Not sure what we will do, although we have discussed maybe doing the house up abit ie put french doors in, extend the bathroom etc etc..........and we will be looking into a stair lift for youngest dd at some point too. Feel poo about our buyers, the investors, as they have paid for a survey on our house, which is probably why we continued to look for somewhere so long, and kept paying for surveys ourselves, because we felt we didn't want to mess them about :(

Thanks for all your support >:D<<'>

Baggy >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hopefully at least you'll have some stability over the school holidays now.

Mumble :)

So sorry its been so hard for you both >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Glad you feel relived though it can be such a stressful time moving.

Aww, love, so sorry to hear that. I'm a great believer in what will be, will be and maybe this is the best decision in the longrun. The whole moving/not moving business has taken such a lot out of you all and it will be a huge relief not to be caught up in that any more.

Put your feet up and relax for a bit, now that you've got that weight off your mind.

Karen

x

Aw, sounds like you're relieved that it's all over, mate. >:D<<'> There's nothing to stop you looking into it again in a couple of years, if you wanted to. At least for now, you can relax and put it out of your mind for a bit. Sorry it didn't work out for you this time, though. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thanks Mel, I've just got off the phone to my mum, and she said I've looked really drawn the last few weeks...hadn't noticed the stress was showing so much. Glad the pressure has gone.....along with the For Sale sign they removed this afternoon :)

Sorry it didn't work out. Try not to feel too bad about it. I'm sure the investors will understand. After all it was really others who messed you around who caused the problems in the first place. Hope you end up been pleased by your decision in the long term. You certainly sound relieved in the short term. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I don't think I'll ever move house if I can manage it. Quite happy at home at the moment. Don't like thinking at some stage I'll want to move out and get my own place. I like company too much and hate moving. Luckily only ever done short distances but don't like leaving the past behind. Still feel sorry that we had to sell my Grans house. Might not have gone there recently that much but it somehow felt a part of me. :)

Thanks David...I feel like that too about my nana's house and often drive past it if I'm going that way..... have so many lovely childhood memories, and it's such a shame the new owners have let it go so badly downhill :tearful: