Kathryn

L has done her first exam ever!

Just wanted to share some positive news.

It's three years since my daughter L (18) fell out of the school system and as she left at the beginning of year 11 she never took any GCSE's.

It's been a long road back and after many false starts along the way, she finally took Adult literacy Level 2, yeasterday at college. She's been so terrified about doing any kind of assessment or exam, even though this one is well within her reach and it's taken her a long time to pluck up the courage to do it. Plus she's a bit of a perfectionist and gets stressed if she gets any answer wrong!

Apparently it went fine, she did the online version as she has difficulty with handwriting, was in a room with one other student and allowed plently of rest time. This is the equivalent of GCSE English language A - C and if she does what she's been doing with the practice tests, she should pass easily and even get an A - but any pass would really boost her confidence. :pray:

Next month she'll be doing the Maths level 2 - a tougher challenge for her, but the tutor seems to think she's ready for it and she feels OK about it.

K x

When do you hear the results?

I'm not sure actually. I'm assuming the results come out at the same time as GCSE's, but I could be wrong. The college isn't forthcoming with that kind of information. I didn't even know she was doing the exam till a couple of days before, and she herself didn't get much notice either!

K x

So pleased for you both - you must be so proud.

Will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you - please let us know how she gets on.

Take care

Jb

I'm not sure actually. I'm assuming the results come out at the same time as GCSE's, but I could be wrong. The college isn't forthcoming with that kind of information. I didn't even know she was doing the exam till a couple of days before, and she herself didn't get much notice either!

K x

Hello Kathryn,

I teach Adult Literacy in a secure institution and the results usually come out two to three weeks after the exam has been submitted. Level Two is not an easy exam and you are right to feel proud of your daughter. Congratulations!

Janet

Thanks all, and thanks for the information Janet, that's useful to know. I haven't wanted to wind her up by asking too many questions so I've played the whole thing down.

She was actually supposed to do the literacy exam a year ago, but was entered for the pen and paper version by accident, so she couldn't do it on the day. She's had cold feet about it ever since, so I'm mightily relieved she has finally done it now!

K x