Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

The LEA and lying.

Well today is another day, so I got told by SNAP etc that the LEA have to get the DS a school place somewhere and he can't be left without a school. So I phoned pupil support (A funny name for people who don't want to help :thumbs: ). The Rep for there who went to the tribunal said that he'd have to go to the school which we don't want him to go to, even though it was refused by the panel and ourselves and is totally doesn't meet his needs. I said "No you don't, you know it's off the table and he can't possibly go", I was then met with "Send him there and if he fails we'll go from there" :wallbash:

So I send my DS with no OT, no SALT, no special chair, no 1-1!!! His statement has NOTHING in it, it's a sham! So then she replies "Well he'll have to stay home, nothing to do with us"

THIS is from pupil support!!! I'm shaking with anger, how dare she! So now my son has no school at 11, there are no other schools anywhere, they are all full.. I've tried and tried..

I've also rung my local paper, i've done everything they have wanted me to do and spend over four thousand pounds and he gets a kick in the teeth!

WWYD? (BTW he has ASD, ADHD, TS, SID, and anger issues).

Its a disgrace im so sorry for you. Not sure if you've done this but have you tried your MP sorry i cant think of anything else >:D<<'>

That's absolutely appalling!

I've never been in that situation, but it might be worth phoning your 'Parent Partnership' advisor. In the past I've found them helpful.

Sorry you're being put through this.

What an utterly beastly attitude.

I've never been a fan of LEA folk, but I've come to the realisation that they aren't just difficult, they can be downright cruel and brutal. Maybe there are one or two good eggs hidden amongs the rot but on the whole they don't care and are downright antogonistic.

Part of it comes from their stereotypical view of parents; they seem to view us as grasping, parasitic nuisances; and that's what comes accross in their attitude.

I wish I had some advice for you Cariad, you must be beside yourself with frustration and all sorts of other negative emotions. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Floraxxx

I'm writing to the Tribunal and I'll tell them what she has said! We are just drafting it up to send tomorrow. I'm disgusted at how low they would go to meet targets!

I'm writing to the Tribunal and I'll tell them what she has said! We are just drafting it up to send tomorrow. I'm disgusted at how low they would go to meet targets!

Good! And copy it to your MP, Ed balls (up), and anyone else you can think of. Also, you could go start the complaints procedure. Every LEA has one, and often you can do it online. Where you make an official complaint to the council and they HAVE to deal with it. Evenutally this process allows you to complain to the ombudsman if you're not happy with the outcome, but it's lengthy so you might as well start now (it may just pull them into line as most LEAs want to reduce complaints that go to the ombudsman).

Good luck

Flora X

Dear Cariad

WHAT!!! This is against the law- you may contact partnership with parents who can give good advice and support but they have no power or authority. Get in touch with the disability commission rights I found them very useful in a case of disability discrimination against my son and they can support you with legal advice - you can take the LEA to a SENDIS Tribunal (special education needs tribunal). You can find the DRC contacts in the internet and you will get a phone number then they will allocate an adviser for you. I can't think of any one else but they are a very good starting point.

Best of luck-- my other advice is to try and stay calm and composed for the sake of your son you need to organise your thought and write everything down (history- diagnosis and all) in a piece of paper before calling them. Their website is useful too.

All best luck :pray:

Pragmatic

I agree with contacting the NAS. Your LEA shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour.

Sorry you're having to go through this, and right at the end of term too.

Karen

x

Thanks Puffin, I have left a message on the NAS helpline, we have tried IPSEA and they only took us so far. We have now written to our AM and MP and others.

My son was in the same situation at 11, no secondary school place as the LEA only offered the most unsuitable one in the whole borough for him, even SENDIST, the ASD team and his primary school SENCO said it was unsuitable and also could not meet his needs and still the LEA would do nothing.

I ended up home educating him for a term untill statement (which we had fought for) was finalsied and the right school named.

Don't give up, you WILL get there!