forbsay

Proud Parents thread

I think we should maybe have one of these. Then what we can do is refer to it when we are having not so good days..............or a rollercoaster time!

My proud mummy moment today was being told that M is going up to the next stage of reading at school. He also told me that he couldn't find his buses programme which was saved on skyplus! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Forbsay

Well, its not about my son, but got to share it anyway.

My hubby suggested tonight that he go into work later on tuesday so that he can help me to get C back into school for his first day back as we know its going to be a struggle.

I'm very proud of him, maybe he understands more than I give him credit for! :thumbs::wub:

My son has been steadily improving with his behavior for a few months and hasnt lashed out ay me for about 3 months im very proud he is growing up so fast :wub:

Both my boys started school today. As usual it was a really anxious time but C went in with no trouble and was really pleased to see his teache.

Very proud mom here :clap::wub::D

JP went back to college for an awards ceremony held by the IT dept yesterday.

He got a certificate for good attendance, and one for getting distinctions in his modules :)

Well done JP :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

My proud mummy bit is that I have now got my 4 year old NT girl out of night time nappies! First time last night so we shall see how it goes!

Forbsay

Great Idea.

My DS1 did really well at his first day at Secondary school :thumbs: Really proud- the TA said he was really good and asked very sensible questions :notworthy: :notworthy:

I do hope tomorrow will be similar- Now I will need to take him to collect my other two boys- I hope they had a good day as well

Pearl- you must be really proud with JP- Excellent

Pragmatic

pragmatic, thats great news >:D<<'>

Forbsay - I suggest you treat yourself by spending all the money you save on nappies on Tequila :wine: We'll come round & celebrate with you :lol:

Continuing with my lad's independence training, today I left him across the road from the shop, standing outside the doc's surgery and I popped across the road and into the shop! He was very scared and quite reluctant at first, but seemd to steel himself. I handed him my keys and said a cheery, 'see ya in a min' and off I went with a purposeful stride, not looking back. He was okay when I got back (2 mins later), not a total wreck so that's progress. :thumbs::D

~ Mel ~

My son went back to a boarding school today. I am so proud of his ability to cope and strive to achieve. He has comorbid As/adhd/dyspraxia but after a flying lesson wants to be a pilot. I never had to work anywhere near as hard as he does as he has significant memory problems despite his high IQ. He amazes me. I hope he keeps this up.

My DD started Reception class yesterday (on her 5th Birthday)

She did really well came out all smiles

Its her first full day today, fingers crossed she will be OK, packed her off with lunch box and her PE kit :wub: .

Really proud of my DS - just started secondary school, and for the past 2 days has managed to find his way around to the lessons on his timetable, cope with all new uniform, and managed to use public transport with the support of his older NT brother. By the sounds of it he has also managed OK at breaktime and lunchtime.

juney

My lad was so scared today about going back to school, he was tearful as soon as he got out of bed and was saying he couldn't face it, he just couldn't go in today, D was going to 'get him' and bad things were going to happen, broke my heart it did. But, my positive is, by the time we'd gotten there he had managed to calm himself and he walked bravely in with his head held high. I was so proud of him for steeling himself like that. In the past he's gone to pieces and I've had to bring him home, but he toughed it out and showed an enormous amount of courage. :wub::tearful:

~ Mel ~

My lad was so scared today about going back to school, he was tearful as soon as he got out of bed and was saying he couldn't face it, he just couldn't go in today, D was going to 'get him' and bad things were going to happen, broke my heart it did. But, my positive is, by the time we'd gotten there he had managed to calm himself and he walked bravely in with his head held high. I was so proud of him for steeling himself like that. In the past he's gone to pieces and I've had to bring him home, but he toughed it out and showed an enormous amount of courage. :wub::tearful:

~ Mel ~

Awwww Mel, that's fantastic J has really come on leaps and bounds, its so good to hear of his progress.

Clare x x x

Nice thread :)

My boy is so sweet natured, kind and innocent and always tries his best. His behaviour has improved massively over the last year, his speech is coming on well and he's such a delight

Can I do a proud LSA post too ;) 'cos she's been fab since DS went back :clap: , really aware and sensitive that he's finding the transition to his new class hard and spent a lot of time and thought this last week helping him to settle in

Lx