ellisisamazing

Major Buggy

After finally getting to sleep around 4.30 this morning due to El's allnighters of non sleep, I was woken by a phone call at 7.50am...it was the the local OT department with a cancellation appointment today for 10.30am, yay!, El is finally getting a buggy!

We have been waiting since April, though he needed it long before then and we were told at the time, due to lack of resources we would waiting till next Jan for a fitting appointment and the buggy issue. I am elated that we have been slotted in, I was about to look into buying one ourselves because this summer has been horrendous, we have barely been out. El has been really obsessive and wanting to mouth everything, dirt, sand, dust, cars, wheels, glass...anything hazardous and just yesterday he ran into the road three times even though on a wrist strap!

Just wanted to share as I am really pleased, but looking really grey haired after the past six weeks....lots of RECITAL is required!!! :lol:

Fingers crossed now that the DLA reconsideration appeal works now, and El will hopefully be allowed High Rate rather than Middle care, staying up every night is a real pain! The NHS should offer BOTOX/SURGERY for carers! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If they did, knowing my luck, I would look like this :ph34r:

Lisa xx

Great news - shame it interrupted your bit of sleep though! - but worth it :)

Hope it goes well this morning >:D<<'>

And ps......hugely impressed that you always manage to remain chirpy despite constant lack of sleep :notworthy:

Lisa,

Great news- hopefully you will be able to catch some sleep during the day; if El had a nap just go for one.

I will vote for the plastic surgery one as well :rolleyes:

Pragmatic

this is great news for you i know how hard it can be when you cant get out. Also my son has melatonin which usually helps him sleep as he used to only have about 4hrs without it could you get this?

Brooke

Fantastic news lisa!

Right, lets start a botox campaign then we might ALL get it before the NW meet:

Us meeting before botox :gather:

Us meeting AFTER botox :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:lol:

Thanks Ladies and Simon!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We've got it and he's fallen asleep in it!! :thumbs:

llisa32, I am annoyingly chirpy, I always try the brightside....not much gets me down and not very often....but when it does, I can sulk and scream for England! :ninja:

pragmatic, I will pop you at the top of the list for a nip/tuck! :ph34r:

mossgrove, I hope so too, thanks! :pray:

brooke, El has been on and off Melatonin for nearly three years, sadly it doesn't really work, only occasionally....but I think that's a combination of the meds and utter exhaustion! He has been on Vallergan fo several weeks now....that also doesn't work!!! :blink:

elun, thanks for understanding, good to know I'm not alone! :D

pearl, You can be the tester, and if you look good, I'll go for it too! ;)

forbsay, Thankooooooooooo! :)

great news. it was a lifesaver for us before he started walking. :thumbs:

and about the surgery, i don't want it but wouldn't mind being knocked out for a few hours!!!! So tired!

:lol: could do with a self induced coma :lol: so glad u hav finally got a buggy they r a life saver we couldnt go out at all before but at least i can nip to the shops now and know reece is safe and dont need eyes in my bum.

we were so lucky as soon as my gp asked for us to get a buggy we got one 3 weeks later didnt even hav 2 see anyone just dropped it at the door.

love donnaxxxxxxxxxx

Great news Lisa!

We got ours when Niamh was 3 and a bit and hardly walking. I think we saw just her pead and someone else (can't remember who, LOL) and a few weeks later her buggy was delivered even though we had been told it would be a few months. We wouldn't be without it as, although her walking has improved, she still can't manage great distances and if she sees something that interests her then she's off with no thought.

Emma

Thanks Donna and Emma! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

What's your tipple, Donna? So I can get your 'medicine' ready!!! :lol::party:

Yep, it's definately gonna make life easier, safer and cleaner!!! We even used it tonight to sit El in whilst I trimmed his hair!

I am gonna start getting what he's entitled to now, I have always been a bit wary of asking for certain items, seeing as my DH has a good job with a decent wage.....always thought somebody elses need was greater than ours, but I know that's not always the case so I will make sure El has all he needs! We could have done with this two years ago, but I just continued buying buggies and the frames would buckle after a few months, so I'd just chuck it and buy another....at last count we were on pram 23!!!!!! Seriously!! But that did include a tandem, two doubles, an all terrain 3 wheeler, two big newborn style prams and copious buggies and Romy's Quinny Zapp! :wacko:

Emma, I know what you mean.....the kids are off like a flash if something attracts them! I need eyes everywhere! :lol:

Thanks again!

Lisa xxx