ellisisamazing

Chilled Out Boy!

El came home this afternoon from school and as usual I looked in his class diary to read the following....."Settled well again, El completed tasks/puzzles and followed his routines. His behaviour is so good at the moment, we need to think carefully about where to take him next"....I am really pleased!!! :notworthy::thumbs: This is happening all the time..lots of good stuff, apparentley his behaviour is exemplary and he has NO meltdowns at school, not one for several months now! I feel we are turning a good corner! :pray:

I have a lovely boy who I am extremely proud of, and despite the fact he does not talk still, he manages so well using gestures and facial expression to communicate with me.....He copes really well with school, in fact he adores it...for that I have nothing but praise and admiration for the school and especially his teacher who I think is a gem, he is a lovely man who really responds and is tune with "his children"....you can see the bond between them and I love the fact my boy is being taught by somebody who genuinely loves what they do for the children in their care , I feel without them I would never have discovered what a wonderful child I have, they have opened up his charming personality and spirit, that I once thought was none existant! I am so proud of El, his teacher and his school.

Anyway, I just wanted to share!

Love to all here, and I hope this is something we can all experience! Apologies for my SLUSHFEST! :lol:

Lisa xx

Edited by ellisisamazing

ooooh I love to hear all the slushy bits :wub::wub::wub:

Sooooo please to hear Ellis is doing so well, is settled and enjoying school, I really do think with the right kind of teacher our children really can florish.

Clare x x x

I love the positive posts it just confirms how lucky we are to have our children.

Lisa, can I ask how old El is, only Owen began talking between 12 and 15 months, but around 18 months to 2 years it decreased and eventually became non-existant. However when he reached 5 and started school his speech kicked back in, although not too clearly at first but certainly 100% improvement now. He was introduced to PECS at Nursery where we enforced it at home and they continued with this at school, I firmly believe it assisted him in developing his verbal communication. It certainly wasnt the speech therapists who, to be honest, were useless.......

Anyway, fab post and long may it continue.

x

Thanks so much for all your replies! >:D<<'>

We have had a lovely evening, some trampolining, a hiding game and a ticklefest which turned into lovely big cuddle!

Now lets hope he sleeps through for a change.....this is one of our little irks which will hopefully right itself....but even in the middle of the night when he giggles and I get to see his big cheesy grin, I have to laugh! (El laughs like the Joker from Batman!!) :lol:

Onwards and upwards, hopefully!

Lisa xxx

I love the positive posts it just confirms how lucky we are to have our children.

Lisa, can I ask how old El is, only Owen began talking between 12 and 15 months, but around 18 months to 2 years it decreased and eventually became non-existant. However when he reached 5 and started school his speech kicked back in, although not too clearly at first but certainly 100% improvement now. He was introduced to PECS at Nursery where we enforced it at home and they continued with this at school, I firmly believe it assisted him in developing his verbal communication. It certainly wasnt the speech therapists who, to be honest, were useless.......

Anyway, fab post and long may it continue.

x

Hi Lisa!

El has just turned 5, and like Owen he was talking around the same age and decreased and non-existant by 18-24 months! We are using PECS also and he has ST at school. He is in a class of six, and in last years class there was two little girls who are a year old than El who both had no speech at all at the start of last september....they both progressed so well verbally within the year that they were both moved into a higher class this september!

How proud you must be of Owen?! That is so good to hear

And thank you! >:D<<'>

Lisa xx

That is brilliant news.

Well done Ellis.

I also think there is alot to be said about PECS, I am convinced that this helped my son to speak and one of the first cards he used was for Cadbury's chocolate buttons. :wub::wub:

Take care

Forbsay

It really is so wonderful to hear so much good in one post. Its amazing what our children can achieve in the right enviroment with the right support. Your post offers so much hope to people that things can get better.

My girl is in mainstream, and although shes doing "ok" there is far too much emphasis on getting her to fit in, square peg in a round hole and all that. I would dearly love for her to have a placement where she could be herself and not moulded into fitting the mainstream :tearful:

Really great news about your son, you should be so proud of him! >:D<<'>

Oh Lisa, what good good news! Big lump in my throat reading this, & no its not the jaffa cakes! :lol:

A great start to the term!

Must be the Vodka Jellies creating that lump then! :lol:

Thanks Pearl and Forbsay >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanks Darky,

I am really astonished by him, he is a real lovely little quirky character who can charm the hardest of hearts!!

It's a hard decision isn't it? El would never have fitted in mainstream school, but happily we all love where we he goes......They really do bring out the best in the pupils. I totally agree about the "fitting in" aspect...why can't we just be who we are, without added pressure?

I wish your little girl the best, she sounds like she's working extra hard! >:D<<'>

Lisa xx