Sign in to follow this  
kizzy

tax credits and disability

hi

just looking for some info

ds has just been awarded dla at the higher rate of care and someone mentioned that we could get extra money from the tax credits

does anyone know how right this is and would it be worth claiming as if its not much i don't think that i can cope with more forms or phonecalls at the mo :crying:

any info gratefully recieved

kiz

Hi,

Yes you can be awarded a higher amount of tax credits. We found a phone call was sufficient. Also be aware that you may be entitled to carers allowance too. Good luck!

Hi,

You can get tax credit increase if you receive the higher rate DLA, i don't think they give it to you if you have the middle or lower rate. I get the higher rate for my daughter and i get a extra in my tax credits. Just give them a bell .

GOOD LUCK

Hi. :D

I have contacted the Child tax credit because of my son just recently been awarded DLA, and you will still receive extra credits if your child has this DLA award, that is just for receiving DLA, but there is another extra element on top if your awarded the higher rate.

This is what I was told, and they can now backdate this to the start of your application when you first claimed DLA, this is something else they told me, they are arranging to sort this out now.

Go for it, its what your entitled to.

All the best.

Di xxx :thumbs:

You do get the extra CTC for middle rate care :)

Bid

Bid,

Any child on DLA gets the extra CTC (disability element), but there is another extra extra bit for being on High Rate Care.

Hi,

Jc has just been given DLA at Middle rate - and All we needed to do was call Child tax credit , and they updated our file, - I have not had any addtional payments from them as of yet, mind u was only last week.... :rolleyes:

The form for the C. Allowance, was so easy to do on line we sent it electrionical ( Is that is spelt right!) - on the Thursday eve at 10pm - the 4th Oct, and On Wednesday 10th Oct the back dated money, was in our account, they back dated it to the day they started the DLA...

We could not belivie that..... :clap::clap::clap:

Jc got it...

he also was given Lower rate motabilty , ( what does this mean ! )

hi kazzer,

my ds has just been awarded dla middle rate care and lower rate mobility, the lower rate mobility means that your child requires extra assistance, more than a child without a disability would when out and about. so for e.g my ds needs extra supervision in different places as this can upset him a great deal and he tends to run off in familier places aswell, where as a child without a disability possibly wouldn't do this.

hope this helps :thumbs:

kellyanne

wow thanks very much for all your advice

i think i may just apply for it

not quite sure what i'd do with the money its been so long since we've had any to spare

any suggestions

:whistle:

i rang the taxcredits office wen reece was awarded highrate care rate in march last yr but have never received any extra money?????

also sent them a copy of his award but they sent it bac said it wasnt needed.

love donnaxxx

Hi :thumbs:

Go for it :D its what you deserve and entitled to.

My son was awarded LRM & LRC, am looking into the care side of things though as he has night issues too and does not sleep until at least 2 am if not 4 am and I am forever dealing and reassuring him, he is almost a teenager.

This was awarded after a hearing on the 24 th Sept, then that same week I had contacted the Child tax credits dept who had told me my son will be awarded the disability element but not the extra premium, due to the low rates he is awarded, and this payment on the child tax credits should be backdated from the start of the DLA claim, this was DEC 2006, unfortunately though we were not awarded high enough for me to claim carer's, this is why i am waiting for the 'reasons for the tribunals decision' to come through and take it from there. :unsure:

'as all the evidence was there in front of the panel about his night problems and anxiety' seems like something has gone amiss somewhere.

(Even though I have informed the Child tax credits about this, we have not yet heard anything further - and still waiting, the postal strikes do not help, but have been checking the account just in case, just don't know how long this will take, may give them another ring tomorrow).

But you go for what you should be having in your rights.

All the best. :thumbs:

Di x :D

wow thanks very much for all your advice

i think i may just apply for it

not quite sure what i'd do with the money its been so long since we've had any to spare

any suggestions

:whistle:

Hi Kizzy, don't feel guilty about 'applying ' for it, in fact you have to tell the tax credit offices of ANY changes of benefit or other circumstances, it just so happens that on this occasion it pays for you to tell them about the changes!

It made a big difference to our income... Enjoy a few treats...

Anne