Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

tribunal....

Well, where do I start...

Tribunal was a very intimidating thing to go through. I had no idea what to expect and if it wasnt for Katkin I think I would have run for the hills. It was held in a conference room in a local hotel, compalaints manager, note taker, independent panel of 3, independent person from out of County and 3 representatives from Social Services. It must have cost a fortune

The panel were very kind and listened carefully to us (mostly Katkin who would make a wonderful lawyer) and our complaint. They then brought in Social Services, lets just say they were shown as very incompetent and one of them came across as very aggressive. We have to wait for 15 days for a copy of the panels judgement but I feel completely vindicated in pursuing this. Things will now have to change not just for my son but the total lack of any services has now been highlighted and promises made.

If you are having problems with Social Services then look on you local authority website and make a formal complaint. It seems to be the only way they pay any attention.

Good for you for pursuing things this far, I really hope help will become available to you and your family soon. If it does, then it will surely help other families too. It must've been a daunting experience but it sounds as though you had a good advocate on your side. Let us know if things change as a result of all your efforts.

Tjololo

Sounds like it's going well and they are taking your complaint very seriously, well done for having nerves of steel to get this far :notworthy: I hope you get the right outcome for you and your son :)

I went to a tribunal last July and it was very scary and stressful, but it's the only way to get yourself heard seriously and to be taken seriously. I hope the outcome is what you want after going through the mill.

My highlight moment was the chair of the independant panel asking S.S "can you explain why Lorry didn't receive a copy of the action plan; it's quite a basic requirement....?" I think that is a moment that will stay with me for a long time - just the look on the three S.S men's faces and nothing to come out of their mouths!! It was worth doing though I think and I hope it will have a good outcome. Best to take someone who knows you but is not emotionally involved though. Love Kat

Edited by katkin