oxgirl

He played with a baby!!

This sounds really silly, but on Saturday we had a really magical moment in Debenhams!!

We were standing in the queue waiting to pay and there was a little toddler in a buggy and she had a balloon on a stick that Santa had given her. Jay just happend to give it an absent prod, and the little girl lauged. He didn't take any notice, but a minute later she held it up to him for him to poke again. I said, 'oh, she wants you to poke her balloon'. Well, after a moments hesitation, he did!! :o She laughed again. A moment later she did it again, held it out to him, and he poked it for her. They did this a couple of times and after a few times I was watching him and when he poked the balloon, it made her laugh and it made him smile!! :o

Now, I know this sounds really silly, but he was actually taking pleasure in making her happy, do you see??!! :o:dance: I thought it was quite miraculous, I've never, EVER seen him play with anyone like this before, EVER!! He was doing something in order to make her laugh and he was enjoying making her smile, I can't seem to get over it!! :whistle:

Normally, he would have just looked the other way and totally blanked her or been embarrassed or gotten annoyed and announce loudly, 'stupid baby', or something, but he was actually PLAYING WITH HER!! :wub:

Am I a bit over-excited, d'ya think??!! I was raving to DH about it later and he hadn't even noticed!! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Oh mel that is wonderful! Of course you arent over excited, that is a milestone!

JP used to hit babies :ph34r:

I still find my steps quickening when passing a buggy :lol:

Cheers, guys. It's really blown me away, actually! The thought that he was actually doing something deliberately to make someone else happy, is quite staggering, isn't it! And he's always hated babies as well, says they're ugly and annoying!! :whistle::lol:

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

Fantastic Mel :thumbs:

Pearl, our youngest dd used to hit babies too.....infact I had to rein her, to drag her past buggies and pushchairs, before she launched another attack :ph34r:

Nice to know it wasnt just us! :thumbs:

Hit baby, hit baby, was one of his stock phrases :lol:

Awwwww Mel,

That's lovely, another real special moment, bless your dear boy he certainly is progressing lately.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x