Sign in to follow this  
annie

Good news

I've had a great day, spoken to NAS and ACE, both suggested I talk to IPSEA (again). The wonderflully helpful person from IPSEA has said that he will get in touch with somebody local to me that will call and come round to go through all of the 3 1/2 inch pile of paperwork I've got and will then come to the statement review meeting next month. :thumbs:

This person will help to sort out our 'wooly' statement and hopefully get us going in the right direction. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the school hear that someone from IPSEA will be coming :devil:

The man from IPSEA said that if the meeting is not productive, the person will also be with us to help get a few nasty letters written and to support us right the way through.

I know nothing's sorted yet, but the mere fact that somebody who knows what they're talking about will be with us has go me so excited...........I think it's time I got a life lol :wacko:

Annie

Cheers >:D<<'>

Can you believe it, I'm still on a high. All I need now is to get a call from George Clooney.......ah wait..........sorry, it wasn't him calling, it was hubby, telling me he made me a cuppa..........never mind lol.

Light-sabre will be at the ready........and I wont be afraid to use it.

I'll keep you posted.

Annie

XX

Nearly forgot - The word 'discrimination' was mentioned again by everyone I spoke to.

Edited by annie

Baddad,

I've even written on another post that what you put previously was so true. And I meant it :D

I would never say men were useless :devil:

:cheers: Annie

PS I really enjoyed the cuppa too

I have to add my voice in support of men, who seem to be having a difficult time on this forum at the moment.

They do have their uses. Who else would take out the rubbish? :P

great news Annie.

Can I add some husband support please...my husband is a house-husband as i work full-time, he is fantastic and my rock and holds us all together, he's fantastic with Max, and puts up with me too which is no mean feat !

:wub:

Jo

Now this has gone totally off topic can I just say that my husband is very good too. I woke up with v bad migraine this morning, vomit, head, the lot. he took days emergency hol off work. Brings me water as I sick, looks after small one, went to tescos. so men are back in my good books!! :wub:

Soon be back to my normal cow like self and hating all men I expect. Love with a sore head kat

Hi Annie,

Bit late coming to this but I'm so pleased that you are getting the backing and support from IPSEA. Fingers crossed that together you get everything resolved.

Thank you to everyone for your never-ending support >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and I've had a giggle reading what everyone has said about the 'M' word ;)

Katkin - I hope you're feeling better soon >:D<<'> Your husband sounds great.

Nellie - We'll have been married 24 years in September, so I'm still on the fine-tuning stage. ;)

Annie

XX

More good news :dance:

Went to Alex's Paed this morning, she wll also be coming to the statement review meeting. She also suggested (unofficially of course) that we try to bring in our local MP. Hubbys on the case for that one as he knows him.

Annie

XX

I spoke to our MP's PA today, she said that she thought the MP would definately want to be involved with our plight. I did tell that hubby has been trying to catch up with him as he knows him anyway and also cuts his hair (thought I would slip that into the conversation).

She said that the MP would contact us. He would be unable to attend the statement review meeting as he is 'in the house' Mon-Thurs. But, that the first thing he would do would be to speak to the Director of Education at our LEA.

Possible progress from yet another angle. :ninja: lol

To be continued.......

Annie

XX

LEA to get a boot up the jax from your MP, eh? I LOVE it!!!

Hope they've been using their exercise bikes - I suspect you'll soon be seeing some VERY serious back-pedalling going on ;)

Very Best

BD

We received a letter from our MP today (only spoke to his PA on Tuesday afternoon) saying that he has written the the Director of Education at our council and that he will contact us as soon as he hears something. :dance:

On a sad note though, Alex was told by a member of school staff (only one he trusts) that certain teachers ARE trying to get him out of the school. The reason this person told Alex was because he doesn't like what is happening to him, and doesn't want Alex to give the school ammo.........We are left in the position that we now have solid proof of what is going on, but don't feel that we can put the person in the position where his job is at stake. It is already difficult enough for him because he has stood up for my son.

We have enough to go on without what we heard today. It's just that It would have been the icing on the cake for us. :devil:

In this day and age how can schools get away with this.

Annie

:wallbash:

Edited by annie

On a sad note though, Alex was told by a member of school staff (only one he trusts) that certain teachers ARE trying to get him out of the school. The reason this person told Alex was because he doesn't like what is happening to him, and doesn't want Alex to give the school ammo.........We are left in the position that we now have solid proof of what is going on, but don't feel that we can put the person in the position where his job is at stake. It is already difficult enough for him because he has stood up for my son.

Hi Annie,

On the subject of 'solid proof' - sorry Annie, but this is something that you don't have.

It's only when something is written down in 'black and white' is it considered proof. I hope you don't think I'm being forward in this reply, I'm trying to advise you to be careful for your son's sake. If you approached the teacher concerned he would probably deny everything that he has already said to your son.

You should continue to monitor the situation, keep the teacher on side by remaining silent about his disclosure. You ought to make notes about what your son has already said and continue to make notes of any more discussions... give the school enough rope and it'll hang itself, because as the situation stands at the moment, you only have this teacher's word on the matter.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for replying, I definately don't think that you are being forward :) The staff member concerned has been personally keeping me informed as to exactly what the other staff members are trying to do. He has said that he will come to any meetings to voice his concerns but because he has always gone against the particular heads that want my son out of the school, they are already making things difficult for him. He has actually had stand up rows with staff about it already.

I agree, the person will deny what he is saying. He is in a really awkward position, but again he is on our side, and he has made it quite clear to me that, that is where he will remain. I have also reassured him that I wil not betray his trust.

The mere fact that he has confirmed exactly what we already knew what was going on just makes things so frustrating :angry:

Just to add. We have it in writing from the school, incidents where it is clear they are discriminating against my son's disability. They have already hung themselves. I am fed up with the fact that the school are telling the LEA that they are doing everything to support Alex when it is a lie. The school are hoodwinking the LEA because they want the funding. The school don't want him there. In the meantime, I have to keep sending him there, I feel that I am sending him to be tortured every day.

Because he has previously tried to commit suicide, I have also told anybody who will listen that if he tries to do it again, I will personally hold our LEA responsible.

Annie

XX

Annie,

Your circumstances makes very sorry reading :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

The headteacher of Daniel's first primary school was also more interested in getting funding from the LEA rather than addressing Daniel's needs. When I learnt that the headteacher had been obtaining funding from the LEA but that he hadn't been using it for Daniel's benefit I was livid. Everyone began to cover each other?s backs. The barriers went up and no matter whom I complained to no one wanted to know.

The headteacher even gave my friend a verbal message to pass onto me: "I will have your son out of my school before long."

When I took into consideration the power that this headteacher had over his entire staff (he only had women teachers working for him), his governing body and the connections he had within the LEA I knew that I was in a no-win situation.

This headteacher was capable of doing anything - and that isn't an exaggeration. I went into the school to speak with Daniel's teacher, I handed her a letter, which I had also made available to the governing body and to the director of education. I stated in the letter that if my son was victimised in any way, i.e. verbally abused, intimidated or his work was downgraded that I would take my complaint to the highest level. I was determined that this headteacher wasn't going to force my son out of the school. But, when I sat down and thought about the implications of my son being at that school I didn't really have any other option than to remove him, because I honestly feared for his safety.

Annie, reading your updated posts has certainly brought a lump to my throat a number of times.

My very best wishes to you and your son, Helen x

Helen,

So many of us on this forum have had so many terrible experiences to tell. We hear so much about children being bullied. It's about time teaching staff were made accountable for their bullying as well.

But, when I sat down and thought about the implications of my son being at that school I didn't really have any other option than to remove him, because I honestly feared for his safety.

This is what we having been trying to do for a while now, but the school are refusing to take him off the roll and the LEA are saying another school is not an option (yeah right) and if we withdraw him the LEA are under no obligation to put anything else in place for him. I am waiting for a call from Parent Partnership who were going to give the LEA another ear-bashing on my behalf.

I can't wait until Alex is out of education completely.

annie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

XX