Bagpuss

Been to Windermere

Arranged a surprise short break for DH's 40th which is tomorrow, and have got back from Windermere today. I booked us a cottage for a few nights. Blooming freezing.........had snow and strong winds travelling over, pouring rain most the time we were there, and today, as we were leaving, lovely sunshine :lol: Seriously thinking of knocking hols on the head for a while though. Youngest dd did not want to leave the cottage, and we had to bribe her with pic n mix to get her out (yes, feel totally ashamed admitting it, but needs must) :shame: DS sat and mourned Runescape, and I'm sure at one point he had the shakes from withdrawal......and then he asked if he could stay with his nana next time we go away :rolleyes: Eldest dd enjoyed herself, but was vomiting within a few hours of getting home :sick: Seems as though she has picked a tummy bug up, bless her. I dunno, sometimes feels as though time away is like an endurance test :lol::lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

Hmm, the Lake district in December, very brave!!! Hope you have all recovered and DH had a great birthday. Did you get a go on the steamers? The sealife centre there is excellent too, loved the otters last time we went. :D

Yes, these relaxing breaks can be quite exhausting can't they! :lol: Hope the positives outweigh the probs. Sounds chilly, though. DH is going camping to the Lakes in February!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

~ Mel ~

You booked a B&B and didn't take the caravan!!! Hope dh enjoyed his birthday

Carrie

The van is no more Carrie :D We decided that it was smashing for short breaks, but we may go ever so slightly insane if it were for longer.......so we decided to sell it, rather than leave it unloved......I was VERY sorry to see it go of course :dance::devil:

It didn't help that DH told me that when he'd taken to the kiddies to a busy family site over the summer, they were queuing for the loo's :sick:

Hmm, the Lake district in December, very brave!!! Hope you have all recovered and DH had a great birthday. Did you get a go on the steamers? The sealife centre there is excellent too, loved the otters last time we went. :D

We did a boat trip round Windermere once before Looby, during winter, snow capped peaks, miserable kiddies.....the photo's are hilarious, we are all virtually blue :lol:

Didn't get to Sea Life Centre unfortunately, youngest dd doesn't like them........and have avoided otters since the last otter feeding session we saw included day old dead chicks as the main course, followed by the keepers immortal words "If they are lucky, they sometimes have a whole guinea pig to themselves"............eldest dd has never recovered :lol:

Yes, these relaxing breaks can be quite exhausting can't they! :lol: Hope the positives outweigh the probs. Sounds chilly, though. DH is going camping to the Lakes in February!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

~ Mel ~

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: For your hubby Mel!

Forgot to add, DH is having a fabby birthday thankyou. He missed youngest dd's nativity this morning, as eldest dd is off school poorly. We had planned to go out for lunch afterwards, but obviously have had to postpone. The only thing he could think of that he would really like to eat, at home, were home made chips. So he's rushed off to the supermarket, to buy a deep fat fryer, with a huge grin on his face :lol::lol:

maybe give the otters a miss then!! (we must have missed feeding time thank goodness!)

Men and their chips! My hubby would kill for homemade fried chips! Still keeps them happy, bless! Have fun and enjoy the rest of the birthday! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oooooooooooooooo, can't remember the last time I had home-made chips! Yummy!! Hope he enjoys them, just like mum used to make. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Guest Lya of the Nox

some studies show that they are better for you than oven chips

happy burfday to him indoors from us

xxx

Oh dont mention deep fat fryers to me :crying: we had one given as a present which we only used once so it was put in the porch for some reason?? Anyway i got home from the school run a couple of weeks ago and G had tipped the thing upside down before we'd gone out without me noticing. It was full of oil it was EVERYWHERE :crying::lol: It took days to clear up and the smell urghhhhh!!!!! I came back in and thought the dog had made a mess at first then it suddenly dawned on me what it was!!!!!!

Anyway glad your DH is having a nice birthday, i dont think i would cope in a caravan either!!! i was trying to persuede my Dh to go to Scotland in the Feb half term but he thinks the weather will be a nightmare :(

>:D<<'>

some studies show that they are better for you than oven chips

happy burfday to him indoors from us

xxx

Now that's my sort of study. :thumbs: ...is there one which shows that a bottle of lager and huge bar of chocolate each evening is essential for emotional and physical well being, aids weight loss, removes wrinkles, banishes peptides (what are those?), smoothes cellulite, and iradicates unwanted body hair?

Please say there is Lya B)

Oh dont mention deep fat fryers to me :crying: we had one given as a present which we only used once so it was put in the porch for some reason?? Anyway i got home from the school run a couple of weeks ago and G had tipped the thing upside down before we'd gone out without me noticing. It was full of oil it was EVERYWHERE :crying::lol: It took days to clear up and the smell urghhhhh!!!!! I came back in and thought the dog had made a mess at first then it suddenly dawned on me what it was!!!!!!

Anyway glad your DH is having a nice birthday, i dont think i would cope in a caravan either!!! i was trying to persuede my Dh to go to Scotland in the Feb half term but he thinks the weather will be a nightmare :(

>:D<<'>

Oh Brooke, what a nightmare cleaning up all that oil. Hope you manage to get away in Feb, although I think your hubby is right, it will be cold, so wrap up warm....get your thermals out! :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox

for you hunny :

there has recently been a study showing that parents of autistic children have a greater need in their lives for lager, and chocolate. It has been found to help eradicate the bad taste in mouth given by the teaching profession who "know best"

more recently we have found that they can also help mothers to be firm in the knowledge that altho they see themselves 2 sizes bigger than they really are, it is the autism padding, ( patent pending) those bits that defend the organs against, the stimm commonly known as poke mum's tum.

so the beer and choccy leave u feeling a kate moss and a wee bit size!

pof, lager, fried chips and chocolate, they body and how it cures all ills

the P o F planet university of menopausal, and just me gibberish

me thinks

i neeeeddddd help :lol:

is there one which shows that a bottle of lager and huge bar of chocolate each evening is essential for emotional and physical well being, aids weight loss, removes wrinkles, banishes peptides (what are those?), smoothes cellulite, and iradicates unwanted body hair?

How would the lager know which body hairs were wanted and which were unwanted? If it went wrong you could end up with a lovely smooth head, and pigtails for legs!

Guest Lya of the Nox
How would the lager know which body hairs were wanted and which were unwanted? If it went wrong you could end up with a lovely smooth head, and pigtails for legs!

:lol: :lol: :lol::notworthy:

ooh and i like u sig tally

mine would be it has to be even

Absolutely :)

I often end up listening to music too loud because I like to have the volume at a number divisible by both 2 and 3. 12 can be too quiet, 15 is OK because it is divisible by both 3 and 5, 16 is acceptable because it is even, but I prefer 18, even though the speakers can't really take it.

I was torn between that as my sig and:

DARE to be DIFFERENT . . . but not so different that you become a Menace to Society and they have to take you off to the HEAD HOSPITAL and conduct experiments on your BRAIN. That would just be too DIFFERENT, OK?

I often end up listening to music too loud because I like to have the volume at a number divisible by both 2 and 3. 12 can be too quiet, 15 is OK because it is divisible by both 3 and 5, 16 is acceptable because it is even, but I prefer 18, even though the speakers can't really take it.

So '0' wouldn't really be an option then. Hmmm...

I often end up listening to music too loud because I like to have the volume at a number divisible by both 2 and 3.

Maybe that's why peeps on the bus insist on 'sharing' their music with me . . . :unsure:

Back to chips ... :eat:

I know a ver, ver nice pub in the Lakes which does home made chips & lots of other yummies. Just down road from MILs house. I'll pm the details to any piggies who want them.

:thumbs: wanna posh fingerprinty talky one like yours :bounce:

Yes - very good in theory - but I'm now down from 9 (it never would recognise my right little finger) to 3 fingers and fallin'. I'm thinking of programming in my toes :sick:. Or else stick to passwords like normal peeps. And talking? - great - interspersed with my writing I get a transcription of Missy downstairs's conversations and the lyrics to her music . . .

Picture the scene ..... fellow student bursts into Mumble's room to ask if she fancies going out for a drink, & is confronted by the sight of said Mumble wearing sunglasses inside, and talking to herself whilst typing with her toes. Backs out of room v e r y s l o w l y ....... :hypno:

When I was doing my Computing AS Level last year we were talking about voice activated computers. Someone came up with a major issue about them. What happens if someone runs into the room and shouts "FDisk?" (That will delete everything.)

Mumble wearing sunglasses inside, and talking to herself whilst typing with her toes

You forgot the space hopper!

Picture the scene ..... fellow student bursts into Mumble's room to ask if she fancies going out for a drink

What an over-active imagination you have Pearl - this scene is like something out of the best fantasy novels around :lol::rolleyes: - I think the phrase is "once in a blue moon" (although with these specs, does that mean always? :unsure::lol: )