Bagpuss

New Years Resolutions

Me neither, Bagpuss. Haven't done in a long while. Although, once all the Xmas food has gone and we've got C's birthday out of the way, I will be doing the diet and exercise thing. Need to trim down and tone up for Florida this summer.

I do, i like to take stock and see where i am heading.

I make a 5 year plan which i break down to yearly and New Year is a good time for a review.

I have learned a lot in the last few years about what i want/need and have focused on my needs of late and now that life is a bit calmer i can go back to my wish list!

New Years resolutions this year are get fitter, read more and to start savings accounts for me and my dd.

nic

Am going to eat more chocolate next year,especially from hotel choclat...or however it's spelt.

I did make new years resolutions last year but I dont think they have come to anything, so this year I am going to make some again and see if they can this year.

Start running, and maybe sign up for a quater marathan, ok a half marathan and go from there.

Pass my driving theory as I really need to do this now, and continue with driving lessons.

Buy myself something nice every month, make up, clothes, ect...

Restart meditation, just 10 mins every day.

Go back to college and do some basic skills, especially maths which I am totally rubbish and hate so I going to face my gremlins and do some maths.

I genurally want to be less stressed! any idea?

JsMum

Oooh, I missed this one in my forced absence. I don't normally, but I do this year . . .

Last year, with the dx, was about finding out about myself :unsure:

This year I live!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm going to learn (in my head) to say "whateva" to people who annoy me and allow myself to be me :)

I'm going to try and not take other people's ignorance too personally :)

I'm going to communicate my needs, wishes, wants, etcs. better with my uni, especially my supervisor, so niggly worries don't worry me :)

And I'm going to spend less time on this forum (well we all need a resolution to break!!!! :D:lol:)

I have not thought of one yet, well one that I am likely to keep :lol:

A friend told me today her resolution is to stop making noises when she sits downs or gets up from sitting down ???? bit worrying I thought, but she said she can't help making a groaning sound......sadly I think I do the same, must be something to do with our age !!!! ????

Clare x xx

I thought you were talking about different sorts of noises Clare.....like the ones I make when I try to get up :ph34r:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :party:

Sorry to have missed the party :( .......especially with Lee, JD and food all in one room, heaven :wub:

I thought you were talking about different sorts of noises Clare.....like the ones I make when I try to get up :ph34r:

Haha, yeah, I was thinking the same!! Too many sprouts and pud was it? :lol:

Last year my foolish resolution was to eat an apple every day! I wouldn't mind, but I don't even really like apples, what was I thinking! Well, that lasted about two weeks! This year I'm gonna lose five pounds and run another 10K in under an hour ................. allegedly! :ph34r:

~ Mel ~

I've not made any specific resolutions to start now but there are a couple of things which are a work in progress which I hope to succeed with this year. I am currently fighting for dd to go to a school out of our local area which I think will suit her needs properly, unlike the local one where it seems that they just throw an extra member of staff into a class with more children rather than taking notice of the fact that she has only thrived in the last year at school in a class of 3 children with 1 to one teachers. I will work hard on this one, she needs more than the local school can offer and I am not happy that the LA assume that she will just go there anyway.

Secondly, I suffer a lot from anxiety and panic disorders and I want to be rid of it, I've been battling it for years and frankly I'm fed up with it, so I shall be working on getting rid!

:notworthy: ..............I,m with the runners out there.This year I started after never being able to run.I did my first 5k in sept in under 30 mins which I was well pleased with as the track was over run with walkers who I had to elbow outtta the way :wallbash: .I,ve just stepped up to doing 10 k and I can run them in just under 55 mins most times :thumbs: .My ambition this year is to do a half marathon....and I think I may have found a good one which is quite flat with not too many up hills....so my traing starts tonight :dance: .............yipee!

:notworthy: ..............I,m with the runners out there.This year I started after never being able to run.I did my first 5k in sept in under 30 mins which I was well pleased with as the track was over run with walkers who I had to elbow outtta the way :wallbash: .I,ve just stepped up to doing 10 k and I can run them in just under 55 mins most times :thumbs: .My ambition this year is to do a half marathon....and I think I may have found a good one which is quite flat with not too many up hills....so my traing starts tonight :dance: .............yipee!

Hi Suze,

I am trying to do something similar but mine is more cross training including swimming and running along the beach which is tougher lots of big hills, feel like you're on a treadmill. I started getting cramps while swimming, I do about 20 laps does magnesium work for you. Plus a 4km plus beach/track road. Certainly refreshing to swim after the workout.

What do you use for endurance? I was always coming in first for long distance would love to get up to 10 k again. Do you run to music, I find I go twice as fast and further with music it keeps my mind off the pain, such a rush when you push through it. We have lots of mini marathons here it would fun I guess but probably more for motivation.

:dance:

Hi frani.....always run to music....the killers or muse are good :thumbs: .Run on a treadmill 3 times a week I do 2 10k and a 5k.The other 3 days I do about 10 mins intensive rowing or uphill running.I then do intensive weights, arms legs and lots of squats.I also find core strength exercises really really good as they strengthen my back and really help keep a good posture when running.The weights have really helped with the running as I feel very strong, I can,t stand swimming, but I,d definitely love if I had your environment :thumbs: .I ,ve been on the treadmill cos the weather here is pooh and we live in a rural spot so I,d get run over as there are no street lights.I,m seeing a trainer at the gym later as I think I need to work on stamina for a half marathon and I know I need to increase the hill work.Hope this helps hun hugs suzex

Hi frani.....always run to music....the killers or muse are good :thumbs: .Run on a treadmill 3 times a week I do 2 10k and a 5k.The other 3 days I do about 10 mins intensive rowing or uphill running.I then do intensive weights, arms legs and lots of squats.I also find core strength exercises really really good as they strengthen my back and really help keep a good posture when running.The weights have really helped with the running as I feel very strong, I can,t stand swimming, but I,d definitely love if I had your environment :thumbs: .I ,ve been on the treadmill cos the weather here is pooh and we live in a rural spot so I,d get run over as there are no street lights.I,m seeing a trainer at the gym later as I think I need to work on stamina for a half marathon and I know I need to increase the hill work.Hope this helps hun hugs suzex

Thanks Suze, some great tips here. I do Pilates have you tried that - its similar to what you are doing for back strengthening. Hand weights :unsure: how many kilo, :lol: I haven't used hand weights for a long time. :whistle: Gosh :lol: nothing like New Year to boost it up a bit. Yeah I quit the gym and treadmill for the outdoors but I do miss my treadmill. :D They have these really annoying boot camps at the beach for those yuppies one day I will jump right over them, they often run right in front of you but 20 at a time so you have to stop or end up in the surf joggers and all :ninja::lol:

Gosh I am using this online keyboard to type as my other one is playing up, its so slow to type. argh!

Goodluck with the marahon, :thumbs:

Frang x :)

:notworthy: .........baggy I was,nt doing much at all last year but before I knew it I was really liking it :thumbs: . Frang I,ve found 5kg with more reps better than heavier weights and not doing many.The instructor does lots of reps so you can do 4 sets of 8 ,shoulder presses and lunges at the same time.IYSWIM :hypno:

:notworthy: .........baggy I was,nt doing much at all last year but before I knew it I was really liking it :thumbs: . Frang I,ve found 5kg with more reps better than heavier weights and not doing many.The instructor does lots of reps so you can do 4 sets of 8 ,shoulder presses and lunges at the same time.IYSWIM :hypno:

Thanks for that Suze 5 kilo is good, I remember 10 being the next stage. :dance::thumbs: I am going for the kill 6 days a week minimum 1hr but pushing 1 1/2 hrs depending on the workload - still holiday season here until end Jan, my holidays over for now.

Love

Frang x

Ooh, that sounds too much like hard work :tearful: I used to run though, when I was much lighter. I need to lose 2 stone, I'm almost up to the next size clothes and I hate it.

I'm a single woman again, so I intend to be selfish and put my needs first sometimes. :thumbs:

I'd also like to pass my maths gcse and complete this years OU course.