Nic m

My daughters birthday today

I'm sitting here remembering bringing my daughter into the world 11 years ago today, well another two hours and she will be exactly 11 (she likes to be precise).

Anyway it has made me think, she never cried once in hospital, would not feed (still not great with eating) hardly cried at all as a baby, in fact i cant recall her crying at all until she was able to talk really, although when i left her with my sister she said she whimpered for the whole time (i didn't know that until much later).

Anyway the thing i was really thinking about was how the midwives all seemed to be mesmerised by her, they kept taking her to hold, and saying how beautiful she was.

This fasination from other people has kept up throughout the years, and i do know she is a very striking looking child.

I have read other threads in the past about our children being beautiful but what i really wondered was, are people drawn to your child?

And if so have they always been?

My child seems to attract people, she has a very gentle soul underneath and i wonder if it is that, that draws people to her.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Must get to bed now so that i can be up before my gorgeous girl tomorrow.

nic

leo Kanner the man who first encounered autism said that the children he was assessing were were beautiful elf like features all resembling each other in some way of looks.

perhaps its the special gift of being autistic

shell

Happy Birthday to your daughter! :bday:

I've read that too and I think some of the children do resemble one another. O is blonde with big beautiful eyes; many people have commented on his looks. He's also very endearing and especially so at the moment as he keeps approaching people and saying 'Come on now darling, let's have a nice cuddle!'

Elun xx

According to Weber, charisma is defined thus:

a certain quality of an individual personality, by virtue of which s/he is "set apart" from ordinary people and treated as endowed with supernatural, superhuman, or at least specifically exceptional powers or qualities. These as such are not accessible to the ordinary person, but are regarded as divine in origin or as exemplary, and on the basis of them the individual concerned is treated as a leader.[2]

:huh::D

Edited by KateBall

Nicola, hope your DD is having a lovely day :party:

My eldest DD was very doll like at birth, and did attract attention. She had very pretty delicate features, lovely dark hair, long dark lashes. So different from my first child, DS, who looked like a Gremlin, and a battered one too.....bless him :lol:

As for youngest DD.....nope, peeps tend to run as fast as poss in the opposite direction......gentle and delicate arn't words anyone would use to describe her :lol:

:party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :party:

Have a lovely day, enjoy yourself sweetheart. :thumbs:

You share a birthday with my son Daniel he is 13 today. :party:

Enjoyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :dance:

Di & family.

Nic,

Wishing your daughter a very Happy 11th Birthday :balloon:

Clare x x x

Well my son is beautiful to me :wub: but he has beautiful eyes, dark brown with a double row of eye lashes just like my husband ! and lovely dark curly hair just like my husband..... :wub::wub::wub: I think its their cheekness which is so attractive in both of them....its just a look and a smile :wub: My son was always described as "sooo sweet" when he was little, course now he hardly goes out at all :(

Happy birthday to your daughter Nic :bday:

I've often heard it said that autistic children are unusually good looking, & JP certainly fits the bill, but then I would say that wouldnt I :D

I've also heard it said that fairy stories involving changeling children, where a couple's child is substituted by the fairies for a beautiful but strange child, was peoples way of explaining autism in the olden days.

Thanks everyone, we had a lovely morning!

Kate i think it is charisma, i like that.

Nic

Guest Lya of the Nox
As for youngest DD.....nope, peeps tend to run as fast as poss in the opposite direction......gentle and delicate arn't words anyone would use to describe her :lol:

your dd is booootiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hippy happy burfday to u dd nic

Hi Happy birthday to your daughter!!!

I have been told Matthew is beautiful,. many people are drawn to his big eyes and long eye lashes!! Matthew was very different to your dd though. he would always cry and suffered reflux, I remember 2 days after his birth was getting ready to take him home and he threw up all over me!!! he always wanted to be held/swaddled and would never settl on an evening, crying etc (some things never change Lol)

anyway hope your dd has a wonderful day!!

Hope your DD is having a lovely birthday.

I think Jay has always attracted attention and has always set off a kind of mothering instinct in people and a tendancy to treat him like a delicate little flower. He's always had a very vulnerable air which others seem to find attractive, I think, and it brings out in them the need to protect him. The girls at primary school used to fight over who would be his 'helper'. Even now, at 14, he hasn't really lost that 'awwww, how cute' kind of air and ladies in Tesco still treat him as if he's a very sweet little poppet. It's more than treating him as if he's younger, it's more a kind of feeling that he needs gentle treatment that he somehow gives off and makes people go 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, bless him'. :wub:

~ Mel ~

Hope your DD is having a lovely birthday.

I think Jay has always attracted attention and has always set off a kind of mothering instinct in people and a tendancy to treat him like a delicate little flower. He's always had a very vulnerable air which others seem to find attractive, I think, and it brings out in them the need to protect him. The girls at primary school used to fight over who would be his 'helper'. Even now, at 14, he hasn't really lost that 'awwww, how cute' kind of air and ladies in Tesco still treat him as if he's a very sweet little poppet. It's more than treating him as if he's younger, it's more a kind of feeling that he needs gentle treatment that he somehow gives off and makes people go 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, bless him'. :wub:

~ Mel ~

*nods* you could be describing JP there. 18 now & I'm wondering will he ever not be cute?

Thank you all for your comments i love reading them, it's nice to know it continues as they get older.

Hayley is very happy because she is now old enough to get a bank account with a cashline card!

I will now pay her pocket money into this, and she is very excited by this.

All of her aunts and uncles are giving her money because she wants to buy one of those 'real' baby dolls so we are now looking on the internet at the abundance of choice with these.She is at the in between stage of wanting to 'grow up' a bit but still wants to play with her dolls.

Thanks again

nic

Hope your dd had a fantastic day!

E is a very striking child a really hansome little boy. He has always attracted loads of attention and has such a great qwirky personality, recently he rode his bike for the first time (he had had it a year!) past the laundrette and the women who work there came outside and clapped as he rode past! I think our children have that something that draws people to them.

same with steve,people have been known to run marathons to get away from him :lol:

:bday::bday::balloon: to your daughter,hope you all had a lovelry day.My son when he was born, was also quiet, i put that down to the morphine painkiller i had during labour, he slept for ages and didn't really eat much for a day.yes he is attracive, he is my my baby and i am sure your daughter is vry beautiful.

:bday: Hayley!! Hope you enjoy the bank account.

Reading your post, Nic, took me back to when I was in hospital with C after he was born. The midwives had to keep coming back to look at him or hold him. He was a big baby, but so very strong and could hold his head up from birth. He had dark blonde hair with light blonde highlights and amazingly blue enormous striking eyes. He didn't have a standard chubby baby-face either, he was more pixy-like.

But it was his demeanor that was probably what set him apart most from the other babies on the ward. He was so serene and watchful - almost as if he knew more about what was going on than the rest of us :unsure: .

It's lovely remembering back to when they were babies, isn't it?

Edited by krystaltps

enormous striking eyes. He didn't have a standard chubby baby-face either, he was more pixy-like.

everybody commented on flynns eyes.they too are very big and has eyelashes i would die for.he was a big baby,but very pixie looking.he was a very quiet baby.i cant remember him crying a lot.he hated being cuddled though which was a pain because he was breastfed.everybody seems to love flynn,with his angelic face and his personality.when he speaks,he sounds like hes telling you a story.i have also noticed that a lot of children with asd look alike.it seems to be their gentle features and big eyes.

krystaltips it is lovely isnt it?

I have had a lovely day recalling stories with my wee bubs, she loves hearing about when she was born.

nic