forbsay

Am going on a diet!

Well i have got to lose about 2.5 stone and have decided enough is enough.

Am 40 at the end of the year and I want to get into a smaller dress.

All the soup recipes I have received, will help me.

Forbsay

Good luck Forbsay, I really need to do the same but just can't find the motivation at the moment. keep us posted and perhaps you''l give me some much needed inspiration.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

Hi forbsy,

I'll join you, im on slimming world at the moment. I'm averaging at losing 2lb every week. Which is really hard work but the new jeans make it sooooooooo worth while.

We do soups and it really does help so keep it up.

Good luck.

Angel.

I don't really need to diet as such, other than cutting out the cr*p I eat at work :rolleyes: but what I do need to do is exercise to tone up :ph34r:

I've started just doing curl-ups every morning and evening, but my problem is that I genuinely don't have time to go to a gym/swimming, plus I hate group stuff, etc.

Any suggestions for solo execising that is fun, and that I will actually do??

I was thinking of a DVD, but there are soooo many I don't know which to choose :unsure:

Boho :dance:

Hi Bid

Rosemary Conley Salsa DVD is fab and it is not too fast. I also really like going walking with my MP3 player on.

forbsay

Edited by forbsay

Hi I would like to join.I have been thinking about posting on this for a while.I am more likely to stick to diet and exercise if others know about it.I also have 5 stone to loose. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Karen.

Hi I also have about 2 1/2stone to loose too, although really I should loose more than that, but would be happy to loose to 2 1/2 something I did loose 2yrs ago (now i have put it all back on!) I started 2 weeks ago, It is really hard!

The Rosemary Conley dvd is really easy to follow. There are 3 parts. First section shows you all the moves, second section is a bit faster and the last part is advanced.

It is only 15-20 minutes for each section so isn't too long.

Forbsay

I wonder if I could market the 'post-mediation, pre-tribunal diet'!!!!! :lol: It's certainly working for me when all else has failed!!!! I'm slim now! I'll probably be positively skinny by the time the hearing comes up!!!!

Then when we lose I'll gain it all again by misery eating!!!!

Flozza X

I'll join. T'was my New Year resolution after all. I just haven't been able to work up the motivation yet, but once I get the twin's birthday out of the way tomorrow I'm all set to go. I could do with losing about 1 - 1 and half stone before Florida in July so I don't frighten people when I turn up at the water parks in my cozzie :blink: .

I'll join......does it involve any food tasting for quality control/low fat purposes? :pray:

I've got a vast amount of weight to lose, (I think my belly weighs at least 2.5 stone Forbsay) and I'm seriously thinking of buying a buggy just to carry it around on.....but I'm at WW, so fingers crossed.

Got a cross trainer, but I'm so unfit I can only manage 10 mins at the mo :ph34r:

Thought about a dvd, but lacking motivation, and want something I can nip on and off, but that is quite intensive for short periods.

I've got about 7 stone to lose :crying: but started cycling 3/4miles every day and then walking for half an hour. Finding it really hard not to eat during meals but feeling fitter already!

Sounds good to me Forbsay :thumbs: I've become a fiend at the supermarket, scanning the shelves for lowfat options. Can't seem to find low fat chocolate fudge cake and cream though :(

Bid....I,ve said it once and I,ll bore you ALL!...........AGAIN WITH IT :rolleyes: .But running has really helped me this last year.I enrolled for a 5k charity run and that motivated me to get fit, cos I could,nt let my friend down who,d had breast cancer which is what I was running for.I could,nt run much at all at first...........it took a few weeks to be able to settle into a slow jog.But I saw improvements.Using an i-pod was vital for me as music helped motivate my legs to keep going and took my mind off the running.I,m 9 mnths down the line and running 20 miles a week.It is the best stress reliever ever :thumbs: .So Bid have a go at running its helped me loads :dance: .

I was meant to do 5k but never. I had all these problems at work and was just about going off my head. However I am alot better now.

And there are 5k training schedules for beginners on the net.

I am doing a 6 mile walk in June around Edinburgh.

Forbsay

Thats bril Forbs I found once I had committed myself to doing the run for charity I had to do it.The actual run was brill in itself , there was a huge crowd cheering and I actually did it in 31mins which was quite good as the track was congested with people walking the route.I was on a high for days as I,ve never done anything like that before :thumbs: .

that is absolutely brilliant Suze. I am doing it for my friends charity. It is very close to my heart and I want to do something for her. She is raising funds for the special care baby unit in Edinburgh - she has already raised enough for 2 machines and there is another one that the hosp wants. I take my hat off to her. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Forbsay