Bagpuss

Sorry for not being around...

Thankyou :D

Well, so far so good....had a cautious chat with youngest DD this afternoon (we'd gone upstairs for a snuggle on the bed :wub: ) and gently introduced the idea of going to this new school in September (she has visited it).....and she reacted really positively :clap: Now, I'm trying to prepare myself that this might be short lived, but it's looking good atm.

Great news!

I know the transition is a major issue, but you have to think of the long term benefits as well.

Bagpuss, sorry have not been around much and I am trying to catch up, so pleased to read your news and that your DD is being positive too.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Oh Bags, just seen this and am thrilled to bits for you! It's the right decision, I'm sure she'll be great once she gets there. :thumbs:

Karen

x

Thanks again everyone.

Youngest DD appears to be absolutely thrilled and not shown one ounce of uncertainty, even when I talked about her changing buses. I'm assuming she doesn't actually get the bigger picture of changing schools or maybe she does and I'm just not giving her enough credit.

She is excitedly telling people she is changing schools, talking really postively about her new school and this morning has asked if she can have a new school bag and discussing what she can wear (no uniforms at new school).

She also said "My friends will miss me won't they Mummy".......not in an upset way, but more matter of fact.

Mind you, I remember when we moved from the North West to the North East when eldest DD (AS) was in reception and DS (NT) was in Year 4. On their last day DS was in tears, all his friends were upset, and I felt heart broken for him.

Eldest DD wandered out, totally unfazed, showed me what she had been bought, and said bye to her classmates without so much as a backward glance. She wasn't in the least bit worried about changing schools, and even on their first days at their new primary, she appeared to be totally unconcerned. Yet I had been more worried about how the transition would affect her, rather than DS.

So maybe youngest DD will react in a similar way and take it in her stride, who knows :unsure: