hev

washing

IVE JUST PUT MY 5TH LOAD OF WASHING IN THE MACHINE AND IVE STILL GOT MORE TO DO :blink: ALSO DO LOADS IN THE WEEK SO WHERES IT ALL COME FROM?ITS NOT AS IF WE HAVE BULGING WARDROBES EITHER :unsure:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH MORE THAN 4 PEOPLE IN YOUR HOUSE I :notworthy: YOU AS YOU MUST BE BUSY WASHING THE WHOLE TIME,I DONT EVEN IRON,LUCKILY NICK AND STEVE WEAR FOOTIE SHIRTS WHICH DONT NEED IT :thumbs:

i think i must do the whole streets laundry lol :lol:

im allways washing even in the middle of the nite wen reece is wondering around ive got piles to still do :o

i do get alot of wet beds from reece and also trying to get shan dry at nite(has really bad constipation probs and was told from the incontinence nurse it will be hard to get her dry at nite because of the pressure on everything!!)

so i hav left it all in piles for the other half to do 2moz as im at work all day!!

think ive got a laundreete goin on lol :lol:

love donnaxxx

:bounce::bounce::bounce::groupwave::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Got a husband who like ironing, and sorting laundry into shades before washing it.

Forget Valentine's Day roses, these are the things that count in the long run!

When I was a student, we used to call it an SA wash. You did two lots, South African style Whites and Coloureds.

Then we went out to protest at Barclays, and do anarchy shopping.

Dooday,

I used to have this problem and i sometimes used to use the pads you can put on the bed. It saved a whole lot of washing (and mattresses). Hayley wasn't that keen on them though so i only used them if i knew it was going to be a 3+ change night.

When it was like this i used the laundrette, you could put 3 times the amount in those machines and tumble dry all in an hour. it was about �6 in total.

I still use the laundrette for times like new year and holidays it really saves a big build up of washing.

There is a cafe right next door to the laundrette i use, and it is great i get a magazine and have a cup of tea, and by the time i get home the load i put in the machine is done and i feel very smug with myself.

This is my top housewifie tip (my only one!).

nic

Just came across this thread, I wash ALL the time, but never iron, dont need to, loads of fabric conditioner, love it, into lavendar at mo, hang it on line, fold carefully, all my washing goes on, no 6, which is non fast coloureds, if it dosnt survive that, I dont want it anyhow, when you got 4 kids, life is way way to short for ironing. Enid

wow im glad i seen this thread

same here always washing-have 2 boys and my son sniffs clothes and wont wear things hes worn once ect ect...........

as for ironing thought it was just me who DIDNT do it........

my mums always ironed everything and one of my sisters...they think im awful for not doing it..............i bought my first iron and board when i left home and never touched it hardly...then when i had the boys well it found its way in the shed and never returned.

i can not belive the amount of time ironing takes ...i just cant handle it....it takes me days to do washing and even put it away -never mind ironing it.............

saying this i may need to find it or get new as my asd son just joined beavers -he hasnt got his neckacheif yet BUT -THE AMOUNT OF TIMES IVE HEAR GREY OWL BANGING ON ABOUT IRONING THEM...i think i may be just shamed into it..........think ill manage that ...lol

:whistle:

rq xxx

ive just put my ironing board out front for rubbish men :lol: cant see point if its not used

This thread has just really cheered me up! Was just considering putting iron on. Perhaps I'll just fold washing up and put it away!!

Elun x

put it away elun :thumbs: my mate is over the moon about this steam generated iron she got yesterday,she was practically dancing round her kitchen about it,apparently it cuts her ironing time in half,no point me getting one cos i have no ironing time to cut in half!!

i think we should start a revolution and all put our ironing boards out for the rubbish men,thats where they belong :clap:

There are 5 of us and I do about 3 loads a day when the weather's good and at least 1 load when it's not so good and I haven't seen the bottom of our two laundry baskets in years! :whistle:

I don't iron either - I do have an iron but got rid of the board when we moved as it has such little use! In fact, I think I have only used the iron once in the last year and that was to iron on a transfer on a top for N as she was into Lunar Jim and you can't get Lunar Jim tops in age 12!!

Washing up as well (we don't have a dishwasher - unless you count me) - it's never ending here, especially at w/es and in the school holidays. My hubby works 2-10 which adds to it as he has a hot meal at 12 whereas me and the kids have a hot meal at 5. I do 3 lots a day and I always manage to forget something.

I am sure we have the EEC washing stockpile. DD changes her clothes/ bedding several times a day, and throws it all in the wash bin. (3 loads today)

Mind you I do have an odd thing about hand washing. If I have time I love It (weird I know) My sink overlooks the garden, lots of soapy hot water, radio on, lovely fresh smells... bliss... I make sure I do it when Hubby is about, he thinks I am being a good housewife and then does some manly thing like mowing the grass, or cleaning my car. Yet I am really chilled and quite content.

I don't understand ironing, is it in the Oxford English? maybe it's foreign, never heard of it here!!!! :clap:

Harmony

sign of a miss spent life ironing! :wacko:

I have a big American style washer...I wash once a week when we start to run out of clothes. 4 loads, darks, white, jumpers and towels. Although it's getting warmer now so I shall be down to 3 loads and half load darks soon.

my mum used to have a twin tub when i lived there,i loved it :thumbs: and she used to have a mangle,i spent loads of time with that mangle,it was my fave thing to do!!

i have a washer, ironer, dishwasher cooker,,, and general housekeeper,, his name is andrew ha ha, i know i am soooooo lucky ,oh an i forgot he is also my toyboy, he he

my mum had a twin tub, we were soo excited when we got it, I got my hand stuck in the mangle when I was about 18, I had these really trendy , then!!! jeans with a button on the back pocket, the button got stuck in the mangle and I tried to rescue it, spent the afternoon in casulty with a badly swollen hand :( I think automatic washing machines are one of the best things ever invented, imagine all that time washing clothes, getting your hands wet :crying: Now you can just shove it on and get on with really important things like logging on to tis forum :thumbs: Enid