hev

the wrong friends

i know this applies to nt children as well but steven just loves being with the boys who get in trouble :rolleyes: to be honest i spose their parents consider steve to be the wrong type cos he can be a little you know what!!

i want him to have friends,its all ive ever wanted but these boys are awful,you know the types who swear on buses and throw things but he thinks they are great

when hes at mine its fine cos they live near my mum but hes trying to get over with them all the time,its difficult cos he hasent actually done anything wrong yet if you know what i mean so if i stopped him seeing them he wouldnt understand the reason,i just know theres something waiting to happen

I'd persuade your son to maybe invite other children home to tea and encourage different friendships. Also stress to your son that it's not nice to swear and throw things etc, and use a bit of reverse physcology and tell him how good he is not to copy.

hi Hev

I know its not much help to you at present the way you feel but all you can do is to try and dissuade him from seeing them with your reasons why.

My son was the same and he has turned out OK and saw in the end that they weren't achieving anything in their life and he sort of grew out of the friendships. Luckily he was too scared to be too naughty but he had his moments with a bus driver who stopped his bus and chased him across the field.

The police interviewed my son and the driver and I think the bus company took no action because they are short of bus drivers!!!!

*nods*

know what you mean hev, I so wanted JP to have friends but the ONLY boy who ever knocked at our door had MAJOR probs of his own. I followed my gut instinct & discouraged it, I'd rather he had no friends than unsuitable friends, & time has proved me right, we ended up calling the police over something this boy did a few years later. Trouble is, our kids do seem to attract kids who have their own issues, its so difficult to know what to do. >:D<<'>

Hev >:D<<'> No advice, not had to deal with this yet, other than some of eldest DD's friends can be abit manipulative.....be interested to read what everyone else has experienced though, and how they've dealt with it.

well my gut feeling was proved right!! steve was with the said mates last night and they got hold of a bottle of spirits and drunk the lot :o he is now over with me till he goes back to school on monday

Oh no how worrying for you, is he okay with you not letting him go to your mums? I know if l try to stop Nick going anywhere he would just get violent and have a huge meltdown!!

Good luck honey >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oh no how worrying for you, is he okay with you not letting him go to your mums? I know if l try to stop Nick going anywhere he would just get violent and have a huge meltdown!!

Good luck honey >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

yeah hes fine with it,thing is,he knows when i mean business so hes got no choice today,he knows how i feel about him drinking alcohol,got a few stormy days ahead i reckon but im not giving in

yeah hes fine with it,thing is,he knows when i mean business so hes got no choice today,he knows how i feel about him drinking alcohol,got a few stormy days ahead i reckon but im not giving in

Well done, hun :thumbs:

Bidx

Hope things go well. My boy wants to mix with boys that get up to no good too. At the moment it's not such a problem as he's 10. When he goes to secondary school in Sept I can see it all changing.

Good luck >:D<<'>