Bagpuss

Watched any good films lately?

I have him as my desktop background. He peeps round Windows Live at me. :wub:

I was going to swap him for one of DMB's lovely piccies, but when it came to it, I just couldnt.

Ooooooh, me too Pearl...although on mine he's sat at a piano looking.........hmmmmmmmm :wub::wub:

But I kept thinking of Catherine Cookson and the flipping Mallen Streak while watching Sweeney :lol:

He doesn't half suit eyeliner though doesn't he........wonder if my DH could pull it off? :whistle:

For all you oddballs - there's a strange little film called 'Shark Vs Eagle' I recently watched on DVD... Some of the acting is a bit hammy, but if you like quirky stuff it might be up your street...

I've just got into The Sopranos :lol: I avoided it while it was on TV 'cos I thought it'd be yer typical American fodder, but then when it finished I thought I ought to at least watch one or two to see what all the fuss was about! It is FANTASTIC! :thumbs: I've rented/watched all of season one and will be moving onto two later this week if lovefilm deliver in time!

Atonement was good (not great, but good)

Worst film I've seen recently (and possibly ever!) 'Planet Terror' - the robert rodriguez half of the rodriguez/tarantino homage to 50's B movies... It's more a 'c' movie as in 'c ten minutes and turn it off'. A Toikey if ever i saw one. Smell the gravy...

Dunno if it's just me, but films these days tend to be more 'okay' than good(?) Loads of hype and great trailers, but always leave you feeling a bit disappointed and 'used'...

:D

Ps - I love you.................. It's so soppy, and so sad, and so funny, and sooooooo girlie (AND has vairy yummy irish men in it! :ph34r: ). :wub::tearful::clap::devil:

Gawd, the lead fella is fabulous isn't he? :wub::wub::wub:

Always loved a fella with an irish accent......James Nesbitt is sooooooooooooo scrummy :wub:

Why have I turned into a lecherous old lady since turning 40? :unsure:

I've just got into The Sopranos

:thumbs: We lurve the Sopranos. Had to wait for it all to come on terrestrial as we have steam driven TV, then they put it on at odd times just for badness, but Mr p is a videomeister & taped everything....

EXCEPT.... for the very last episode!!!!!!! :o I couldnt believe it. Thankfully we still don't know the ending & have borrowed S's boyf's DVD so we will be able to watch it this weekend, phew!

It was the William bloke, who she had a fling with that i liked.. :wub: lovely :wub: *sigh*

Never watched Sopranos... Thought it was a blokey lets-just-kill-everyone-and-have-woman-wandering-around-looking-like-barbie type thing...

Oh - do you still have the DVD bags (PS...one)? Did you watch the deleted bits............. very last one.............still making me giggle when i think of it. :D

Ps - I love you.................. It's so soppy, and so sad, and so funny, and sooooooo girlie (AND has vairy yummy irish men in it! :ph34r: ). :wub::tearful::clap::devil:

My daughter and I watched this together. :wub::tearful: Both had tears streaming down our faces.

The scenery reminds me of the South Island of New Zealand. So pretty, so sad but romantic. :D

:)

Never watched Sopranos... Thought it was a blokey lets-just-kill-everyone-and-have-woman-wandering-around-looking-like-barbie type thing...

Ooh no, far more to it than that. Deeply psychological. At its best, like a greek tragedy.

For all you oddballs - there's a strange little film called 'Shark Vs Eagle' I recently watched on DVD... Some of the acting is a bit hammy, but if you like quirky stuff it might be up your street...

I loved Shark vs Eagle - does that mean I'm an oddball?!

Only watched it because of Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords (best tv in ages, but then I'm in bed by 9pm)

We watched The Last Legion for movie night last Saturday and it was very, very bad indeed. My choice this week so going for The Golden Compass >:D<<'>

Karen

x

I posted on another thread about Happy Go Lucky - I really enjoyed this film, it really lifted my mood.

K x

Oh - do you still have the DVD bags (PS...one)? Did you watch the deleted bits............. very last one.............still making me giggle when i think of it. :D

Noooo, I've returned it to the online rental peeps.........took me till now to work out what the heck DVD bags were........ :lol::lol:

I loved Shark vs Eagle - does that mean I'm an oddball?!

Only watched it because of Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords (best tv in ages, but then I'm in bed by 9pm)

Karen

x

Erm... yes, I'm afraid it does......

Flight of the conchords... I didn't see much of it as it clashed with various other things, but I really liked the strange little american comedienne in it too :lol: She was on buzzcocks or something with the guy from mighty boosh (dunno why that doesn't work for me - like both of them individually but boosh just doesn't do it for me) and they really sparked each other off :)

Yayyyssss - Ireland good.

Full of beautiful trees, pretty flowers, lots of culture, alcohol and vairy nice men! :devil::clap:

Me thinks New York would be better - bound to find an Irish pub.... :notworthy:

Saw Speed Racer with ds (car obsessional) this week. I heard it would be a bit like sitting in a video game for 2 hours and it was to some extent. But it was great to see ds thoroughly dazzled. There were only 2 other families in at the time and I reckon one of them was AS too judging by the noises just like my ds. "OOOOOrsome, Coooooool, Wow". Then I turned to him and there he was with his hands up to an imaginary steering wheel. :D

While we were away on our hols we watched 1408, with Samuel L Jackson and John Cusack...scared me to death.

Last night we watched Reign of Fire, hmmmmm, not sure...........although I am developing a very huge crush on Gerard Butler and Christian Bale :wub::wub::curlers:

Euro 2008 starts today, so we won't be watching anything but football now :tearful::tearful::tearful:

Last night we watched Reign of Fire, hmmmmm, not sure...........although I am developing a very huge crush on Gerard Butler :wub::wub::curlers:

Wouldn't have anything to do with the movie PS I love you, J and I watched it again last night. :D I have to agree, I love his accent too. I never get sick of that film. :lol: It must be Gerard. :thumbs:

:notworthy: I could say something but I won't, might get moderated. :whistle::dance:

xx

Wouldn't have anything to do with the movie PS I love you, J and I watched it again last night. :D I have to agree, I love his accent too. I never get sick of that film. :lol: It must be Gerard. :thumbs:

:notworthy: I could say something but I won't, might get moderated. :whistle::dance:

xx

It's gotta be said he has the perfect surname for fantasy role plays!

'Yes, M'Lady' :lol:

Personally, I'm waiting for Professor Myang Lee to get demoted back to 'Nurse' or to give up academia entirely and get a job as a traffic warden! :lol:

I've been to see Sex and the City. I loved it. Not for the story line (which in comparison to the series was a bit weak imo) but because of the aesthetics. I love the clothes, the shoes, the whole style of it. I wouldn't wear most of them (not least because my fat distribution is in all the wrong places :lol: ) but I love to see them and on a big screen.... gorrrrgeous :thumbs:

Flo' :)

Hallam Foe and Snow Cake - but nothing recent :)

Watched Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium tonight and thought Dustin Hoffman was smashing :notworthy:

Our DVD's have been coming thick and fast from our online peeps, so a quick round up of what we've watched recently.

The Other Boelyn Girl - I enjoyed it, DH went to bed :rolleyes:

The Invasion - :( Disappointed tbh

Inside I'm Dancing - :tearful: Had me in floods of tears (youngest DD has same type of MD as the main character) played by James McAvoy who was superb :thumbs:

Charlie Wilson's War - Fab :thumbs:

I Am Legend - Disappointed with the ending :(

National Treasure Book of Secrets - DH enjoyed it, I didn't, found it too drawn out, and in some cases ridiculous :wacko:

A Mighty Heart - DH fell asleep :shame: but I thought it was quite good :)

I took eldest DD to see the new Narnia film last week and we both loved it, but DH and DS went to see it and thought differently.

Have also been to see the new Indiana film, made no sense to me whatsoever :blink:

SATC however was :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Bagpuss

AHAAA! it was youuuu!

Was stood in the DVD place earlier.....and spotter that DVD.............i kept thinking..'Oddball, oddball' .................and then 'Why am i thinking oddball??'

I shouldn't be let out in public................. :ph34r:

Mamma mia :dance:

here I go again :dance:

my my :dance:

how can I resist you :dance:

:groupwave:

:notworthy:

:thumbs:

JUST what I needed to cheer myself up.

I want to be Meryl Streep. I want her cheekbones, I want to look that good when I'm 59, & I want to snog Pierce Brosnan in my line of work.

Mamma mia :dance:

here I go again :dance:

my my :dance:

how can I resist you :dance:

:groupwave:

:notworthy:

:thumbs:

JUST what I needed to cheer myself up.

I want to be Meryl Streep. I want her cheekbones, I want to look that good when I'm 59, & I want to snog Pierce Brosnan in my line of work.

Am taking Chris to see this on Thursday night (Mike is going to see the new batman film with his friend cos it is his friends b'day!) - we bought the soundtrack on cd yesterday!!!! I can't wait!!!!!! :groupwave:

Just watched "The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford.

Brad Pitt?

No it was very good actually!

I'm not even sure why I ordered this - I'm certainly NOT into westerns... I must have read a good review or something(?)

Anyways, it was excellent. Slightly strange, but excellent. Somehow, they've made a two and a half hour long film that is actually 'paced' even more slowly and still pulls you right in. Some absolutely wonderful photography - very contrasty, light and shade - almost like a graphic comic in places. There's a scene of a train robbery shot in a woods at night: absolutely ethereal... good soundtrack too - Nick Cave who I don't actually like very much but obviously that doesn't extend to movie scores!

anyways. well worth renting. :)