Bagpuss

Watched any good films lately?

i really liked transformers and die hard 4!!!!! I really want to see Be kind rewind and The other bolyne sister

I went to the previews for Be kind rewind. We laughed so much! :lol:

Recent favourite at the cinema was Juno. I also watched Hard Candy a couple of days ago which has Ellen Page in who is also in Juno. Hard Candy is rather weird and makes you squirm a lot, I can't really say what made me squirm as it will give the story away, but if you watch it you will find out :lol:

I was wondering about that Baggy, thought I hadn't heard you rave about it yet.

I haven't seen it either, but then I hardly ever get to the cinema for grown-up films (can't remember the last time).

Karen

x

The new National Treasure is great (agree with you there Bid :D - not to say I don't agree with you in other cases - sorry in one of those weird moods tonight - now been facetious with myself - don't worry about me too much). Enjoying what I've seen of 'Tales from Earthsea' so far though it is a little slow (on DVD). Enchanted was also very good but that was a little while ago now. Even more likely to make a North East cinema trip now as I'm working in Middlesbrough again. :D

I cant BELIEVE you've not seen Sweeney Todd yet Baggy!

We loved it. Just don't have pie for tea. :sick:

I want to see The Other Boleyn Girl, its being released soon, I'm into Tudor history & liked the book, well I like all Philippa Gregorys stuff.

I bought Atonement.....................it said on the box how good it was and all the nominations for oscars and baftas

..............anyway I hated it............it had no rhythm............kept leaping around in time which really annoyed me :wallbash: ..............there is a really stupid type writer sound effect all the way through that really got on my wick.................and apart from James Mcovy :wub: I hated all the characters..............totally stupid ending ............not happy at all!! :angry: ..................no no no !

I watched another dvd the other night, with Caterine Zeta Jones in.....she was a chef....can't remember title.....something Reservations :wacko:

Twas ok.

Not seen Snowcake yet Lya. David/Bid, DS went to see National Treasure and really enjoyed it....I really like Nicolas Cage, so will definately get it when it comes out on dvd. I'd like to see the Bolyne film too Pearl...looks fab, although not DH's cup of tea, so will probably have to go with someone else or wait for dvd. Not seen Fracture yet Donna, although huge fan of Anthony Hopkins, so it's definately on my one's to watch list. Seen a couple of trailers for it.

Suze...noooooooooooooooooo......Atonement is fabby :lol:

I really want to watch the Elizabeth film with Cate Blanchett....hoping to get that next on dvd :thumbs:

Must, must, must get to see Sweeney :wub::wub:

I found the Elizabeth film vv disappointing Baggy, not worth going to the cinema for apart from the battle scene which was amaaaaazing, tho I didnt know Francis Drake defeated the Armada single handed, swinging from ship to ship like Errol Flynn :rolleyes: Other than that, DULL, not a patch on the first one. And I didnt know 50-something Elizabeth looked about 30 & had top of the range hair extensions :lol:

I liked Atonement Suze but I cant stand Keira Knightley, she always has this expression on her face like she's just stepped in something. Thought that little kid was great though - so intense.

I found the Elizabeth film vv disappointing Baggy, not worth going to the cinema for apart from the battle scene which was amaaaaazing, tho I didnt know Francis Drake defeated the Armada single handed, swinging from ship to ship like Errol Flynn :rolleyes: Other than that, DULL, not a patch on the first one. And I didnt know 50-something Elizabeth looked about 30 & had top of the range hair extensions :lol:

I liked Atonement Suze but I cant stand Keira Knightley, she always has this expression on her face like she's just stepped in something. Thought that little kid was great though - so intense.

pearl i thought that kid was brilliant too

I bought Atonement.....................it said on the box how good it was and all the nominations for oscars and baftas

..............anyway I hated it............it had no rhythm............kept leaping around in time which really annoyed me :wallbash: ..............there is a really stupid type writer sound effect all the way through that really got on my wick.................and apart from James Mcovy :wub: I hated all the characters..............totally stupid ending ............not happy at all!! :angry: ..................no no no !

Oh crikey I have the DVd sitting on the side for almost 2 weeks now waiting for a moments pleasure to sit down and watch..... not sure I'll bother now :unsure:

DH off on Tuesday, so I've just been on our local cinema's website to see what time Sweeney is showing :dance:

....................and it's not showing anymore :tearful::tearful:

Tried the other cinema in next town............ :pray:

....................and it's not showing anymore :tearful::tearful:

That's what happened to me!! My friend told me to read Atonement and then see the film so I read the book and thought it was beautifully written. As soon as I finished it, looked at the cinema times and, there it was gone!! I know it has now come out on DVD but I never seem to have time to sit down and watch a whole film.

Did take OJ to see The Water Horse and that was a lovely story but never get to see 'grown up' films ( and I will qualify that by saying I don't mean the 'grown up' films that people buy in brown paper bags!!!!).

Stella xxx

That's what happened to me!! My friend told me to read Atonement and then see the film so I read the book and thought it was beautifully written. As soon as I finished it, looked at the cinema times and, there it was gone!! I know it has now come out on DVD but I never seem to have time to sit down and watch a whole film.

Did take OJ to see The Water Horse and that was a lovely story but never get to see 'grown up' films ( and I will qualify that by saying I don't mean the 'grown up' films that people buy in brown paper bags!!!!).

Stella xxx

Atonement was shown here forever...because the beach scenes were filmed down the road, so half the town were in it as extras :lol:

Watched a couple of dvd's last few nights...

Bobby *yawns* didn't enjoy it. Went to bed, although DH said it got better.

Elizabeth, well, it was ok, and I enjoyed it, although did not overwhelm me, and I didn't feel it lived up to the hype tbh.

I was disappointed in Elizabeth too Baggy - not half as good as the first one. We are going to see the Other Boleyn Girl this w/e but it hasnt had good reviews. I just love a good bodice ripper.

Yup, thought there were some really daft bits in Elizabeth...why was she wearing hair down to ground like Lady Godiva in the battle scene? :rolleyes: Surely that went against all Health and Safety issues...and the enemy could just ride over her hair or pull her off :lol: Did Raleigh save England all by himself leaping around like Jack Sparrow? :unsure: Did she really stand on the cliffs of Dover in her wincyette (sp?) nightie watching the battle? :unsure: Couldn't get to grips with her winking at everyone all the time too :unsure: The acting was great, and I do like Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush, but some of it just seemed ridiculous :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy your film Pearl.

I saw 'Bank Job' at the weekend at the cinema which was fairly good. Not my all time fave heist film but was still entertaining. There are a couple of tempting films out too. Will update you if I see any of them. (Have forgot the names or I'd mention them.)

Yup, thought there were some really daft bits in Elizabeth...why was she wearing hair down to ground like Lady Godiva in the battle scene? :rolleyes: Surely that went against all Health and Safety issues...and the enemy could just ride over her hair or pull her off :lol: Did Raleigh save England all by himself leaping around like Jack Sparrow? :unsure: Did she really stand on the cliffs of Dover in her wincyette (sp?) nightie watching the battle? :unsure: Couldn't get to grips with her winking at everyone all the time too :unsure: The acting was great, and I do like Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush, but some of it just seemed ridiculous :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy your film Pearl.

:lol: we have the same sense of humour, I made an almost identical post further up the thread after I saw it! :lol:

I'm quite looking forward to TOBG cos I reckon it too will be unintentionally funny :thumbs:

............last film I saw at the cinema was Alvin and the chipmunks..........a sure fire oscar winner if ever I saw one :rolleyes: ..........youngest literally wet himself laughing when the squirrel lookalikes sang that fab disco number "funky town "..:clap:

............I however was less appreciative and just glad to sit down with a bag of midget gems for 60 mins :whistle:

.............watched The merchant of venice (with Al pacino :notworthy: )...on DVD, really loved it clever chap that Shakepeare and the dialogue actually made more sense to me than alot of garbage some people talk :whistle: .

Saw Brokeback Mountain on TV last night. Really enjoyed it.

When it was at the cinema S was still living at home, so we went out to give her & boyf a bit of privacy, but the film was full, so we skulked in the pub for an hour before going home. You're back early, she said. Well, Dad couldn't cope with the cowboy-on-cowboy action, we said, so we walked out! They believed us! :lol:

My son and I watched 'The Bucket List' with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Brilliant movie. :tearful: sad but loved it.

My daughter and I enjoyed PS I Love you - we both cried, I covered my face so my daughter didn't notice thetear streaming down my face - then peeked a look at her and she was too. :tearful::wub:

Highly recommend both. :wub: warming

I really enjoyed Brokeback Mountain too Pearl, although DH really struggled with it. He thought it was abit, erm, graphic.

I watched PS I Love You again last night, fab, fab, fab :wub:

We've also got 1408, a supernatural thriller with Samuel L Jackson, but not watched it as yet.

I'm off out to buy Sweeney Todd in a mo for tonight...........bliss :wub::wub::wub:

*shall report back later this evening* :D

He thought it was abit, erm, graphic.

Well yerrrs I'd agree really. I'd rather have any canoodling left to the imagination. Thought they were brilliantly inarticulate blerks though! :lol:

Have a veggie meal before Sweeney :ph34r:

I'm off out to buy Sweeney Todd in a mo for tonight...........bliss :wub::wub::wub:

*shall report back later this evening* :D

Blimey, not sure what to say :o:unsure::huh:

There was alot of blood wasn't there :blink:

DH's face fell in the opening scene when JD burst into song on the ship :rolleyes: Then he fell asleep half way through :shame: When he did manage to rouse himself, it was towards the end, and at the grand finale he muttered "Well, there wasn't really any need for that was there....that's disgusting".

I thought it was good in a really bizarre, wacky sort of way......don't think I've ever watched a film like it, or ever will again....it's like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Oliver The Musical :hypno::hypno:

But I am loving JD with panda eyes :wub::wub: