Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

Just over came one of my biggest phobia's.....

I took the kids to London...by myself...negoitiated the underground..... by myself.....we went to the science muesum (have been before, with a friend)to the launch pad which was fantastic so much to see, do and touch...spent 2 hours in that one bit....son( 11 ASD)was totatally fascinated with the 'ball launcher'........where you have to line up some hoops....set the angle...and drop a ball and try and make it go through the hoops...he managed it on his third go....the 'explainer' was so impressed...it can take some half an hour to get anywhere near...........we went and saw the 'Lion King' for my little girls birthday, it was just beautiful...the kids were so, so good...........and you poor unlucky lot...now I've managed to do that.....you might have to put up with us at the Greenwich meetup...if you'll have us along as well......was too scared to come last year............

s

xxx

Well Done, sounds like you all had a fab time.

Looking forward to meeting you now at the Greenwich meetup !

:clap::clap::clap:

Clare x x x

awww well done!! I like the underground luckily!!

Like.....underground......now that is an unusual thing to like. :)

I fortunately do not travel on it very often but few people appear to like the experience...tolerate,put up ,with,hate,avoid,pretend they are in a happy place....yes. :lol:

Well done! :)

Although I love London, I don't much like the tube either and I walk wheredver possible - it's surprising how compact London is actually.

The Lion King is brilliant - saw it years ago, what a fantastic birthday treat. We're hoping to go the Science Museum sometime too- and see the all new, refurbished launch pad.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

well done to all 3 of you :thumbs: i said in another post earlier that its lovely to see the kids enjoying themselves and when it all goes well its a brill feeling,i felt that when i took mine to margate

well done for the underground,i cant manage that yet

>:D<<'> Thanks. (I did avoid the crowds a bit by letting them all go past and going up the stairs last) and I checked my route with the staff who were really helpful. The kids were warned to stay with me, I was really scared they would get lost, but they were very good. (I put my mobile number in their pockets)Looking forward to seeing you all again (promise not to nick the brownies Baggy)

s

xxx

ps BD yes they still got bubble magic

The Tube - hmm. I like the tube maps, the history of the tube, the lines and the colours it used to be an obsession and I have various collections left over... I like going on the tube when I haven't got to get anywhere for a particular time and it's not busy.

I got lost on the tube when I was about 5 - my older brother had freaked out and jumped on a tube as the doors were closing and my Mum had had to follow him in and I was left on the platform - you'd think I would be scared because of that, but I'm not.

ps BD yes they still got bubble magic

Oooh, is that that really stinking brightly coloured chemical mix in gel form that you blow up with a little tube to make bubbles/balloons? I remember that :D

sally you came to herne bay didnt you?sorry im not good with names,yes im sure you did!!see you at greenwich,im well excited :thumbs:

sally you came to herne bay didnt you?sorry im not good with names,yes im sure you did!!see you at greenwich,im well excited :thumbs:

Yes she did. :) It would be lovely to see you at Greenwich again Sally.

Slight digression - does anyone fancy a collective trip to the Science Museum sometime? I realise keeping together may be impossible but we could bump into each other at regular intervals for tea and cake? :) It's very family friendly and you can take your own picnic.

K x

Like.....underground......now that is an unusual thing to like. :)

I fortunately do not travel on it very often but few people appear to like the experience...tolerate,put up ,with,hate,avoid,pretend they are in a happy place....yes. :lol:

Nah im not a fan of being a passanger on the trains but i like all the tunnels and passageways and engineering and stuff like that.

I spent a year in london 1999-2000 and i used to see all sorts of wierd tunnels and old stations when they did occasional tours. the Navy reserve unit i was based at was built in an old underground station building above an old station that had been wartime bunkers and offices so we got a tour one day.

I loved the London Transport Museum too and spent hours driving the train simulators :lol:

Slight digression - does anyone fancy a collective trip to the Science Museum sometime? I realise keeping together may be impossible but we could bump into each other at regular intervals for tea and cake? :) It's very family friendly and you can take your own picnic.

K x

Yes! Yes! Yes! :thumbs:

does anyone fancy a collective trip to the Science Museum sometime? I realise keeping together may be impossible but we could bump into each other at regular intervals for tea and cake? :) It's very family friendly and you can take your own picnic.

Yes please :) Or are we only allowed if we have a kiddie? :unsure:

do they still have the spinny thing at the science musuem which you can stand on and spin faster and faster depending on your position?? I liked that lots!!!

:robbie: :robbie: :robbie:

My favourite 'interactive' as a kiddie (actually I preferred the maths bits and the history of medicine up the top rather than the interactive stuff) was the automatic door when these were a new thing!!! :rolleyes:

Yes she did. :) It would be lovely to see you at Greenwich again Sally.

K x

Count me in if we can find a date that we can all make!

Well done you, l know how hard it is when you are really scared of doing something, l am so pleased the kids behaved for you, you can travel up with me and Bard if you like :rolleyes:

Hev's in Gravesend, so she's not on the London/Brighton line.

Unless we detour, but that would mean a very early start...

Hev's in Gravesend, so she's not on the London/Brighton line.

Unless we detour, but that would mean a very early start...

Hi Bard, l didnt mean Hev, l know shes in Kent, l meant Sallya, she lives round the corner from me!!! Sorry for the confusion

oh and there was me thinking i was popular and people wanted to travel with me :whistle:

then i find out they were talking about someone else :tearful: same old story :rolleyes: love from hev no mates

Guest Lya of the Nox
oh and there was me thinking i was popular and people wanted to travel with me :whistle:

then i find out they were talking about someone else :tearful: same old story :rolleyes: love from hev no mates

I get on train with hev

i :wub: hev

x

Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'> You know l would love to travel up to Greenwich with you but we are meeting at Brighton!!I asked Sallya cause shes lives round the corner, and Bard thought L meant you!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: