hev

what do you do on bank holidays?

when i was younger it didnt seem like a bank holiday unless we went to the beach but i dont do anything different on bank holidays now,we dont drive and the bus service is awful on bank holidays so it dont leave a lot of places to go

we are going to nicks mums tomorow for a visit,she is in her eighties and lovely,what you lot got planned?

Guest Lya of the Nox

if the weather is ok me and mogs going for a walk up to the castle

may see some morris dancers on the way,

and have a good chat

x

We are actually going swimming. Eldest (Aspergers) isn't keen on public pools due to a) the noise levels and B) he doesn't like anyone seeing him with just his trunks on as he thinks he is fat (he isn't) Youngest loves it though so we have agreed to go but have promised eldest we will be back by 1.oclock so he can watch a programme as a reward.

I'm looking forward to it - I love swimming

We've promised JP we'll go somewhere as we've been decorating all w/e, but it will be local - cant be doing with the traffic. Probably find some bluebells to admire & go a long walk. Have a good day hev :thumbs:

We usually fit in a cinema visit (Iron Man yesterday - Robert Downey Jnr in a vest, nice!) and today we're going to Cragside (National Trust) for a walk. Normally we don't do late nights as they interrupt the routine too much so we try to fit in at least one, make popcorn and some board games. J's a bit barmy this weekend but we're enjoying it nonetheless.

karen

x

We went bowling yesterday cos the weather was pants!!!!! Today we are going to cinema to see Iron Man and then try to wind everything down so I can get Mike settled for school tomorrow...........

We usually fit in a cinema visit (Iron Man yesterday - Robert Downey Jnr in a vest, nice!) and today we're going to Cragside (National Trust) for a walk. Normally we don't do late nights as they interrupt the routine too much so we try to fit in at least one, make popcorn and some board games. J's a bit barmy this weekend but we're enjoying it nonetheless.

karen

x

We went there when we were on holiday last year in your neck of the woods :thumbs: (should have been a boat trip to Farne Islands but it would have been like the Perfect Storm) :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox

we went to the castle

and i have just had a wee snooze in the garden

just want bank hols are about

x

We went to big theme park that we have season tickets for, last time I went DS was awful, manic and loud and I thought I will nrver take him again, but as he`s been ok ish latley I did, and it was fine!! We usually go to pics or for a walk. Have been looking at posts for meet up and wondering if I could manage all 3 on train! is park near a tube station? Enid.

Yarrooooo! Soppy old weatherman got it wrong today so we've been out in the sunshine! Annoyingly, we took him at his word so just took off for the arvo rather than a whole day and picnic which would have given us more scope :rolleyes:

Stilll.... we've walked miles and miles through a local country park and reservoir, fed/been attacked by the canadian geese, chased a football around and played in the playgroundy bit on the climbing frames and stuff! All with Ben's best mate in tow (I can't say how much that means - Ben's been out on a limb for years but finally 'cracked' friendship over the past year or so, and the boy concerned is an absolute diamond! :thumbs: ), who would move in with us, I think, if he had the option :D

Then home, to a delicious turkey salad with roasted baby vegetables, bruised and buttered new pots and plum and apple crumble with cuzzie for pud! Yum Blummun' Yum!

I've also made an executive decision... as this is a Bank Holiday my self imposed 'no booze on weekdays' rule is null and void :devil::wine:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SUNNY BANK HOLIDAYS! :thumbs::clap:

:D

hi we went to one of the kiddie places has a climbing wall slides pallpit trampolines climbing frames electric cars ect ect loads to do

and we took my freinds 3 children too (Ahhhhhh 5 kids) lol

we had alovely time and then took them all to mcdonalds and dropped my freinds children bac at 6.30pm

am knackered lol but been a fun day

got a bit drunk last nite(first time in ages ) was drinking vodka and redbull so was buzzing lol

so weve had a very good weekend

love donnaxxxxx

All my boys were off at 7.45am this morning...........my boy is into bike racing.

..........so me and dd did our chores, sorted the animals out, went for a lovely hack ...the roads were really quiet no big DHL trucks on a bank holiday :thumbs:

..........got back drove to see my best mate in sunny buxton, walked through the parks etc, had a coffee and cake, nearly killed a sheep on the top road out of Buxton....(very bleak.....moors etc).............then we had a bad thunderstorm, got home did some gardening....played with me ducks :wub: .......................had tea...................now wheres the wine?? :wine: ..to finish the day off.

Went to Aldenham Country park in Hertfordshire - big lake with a lovely path around it, a rare breeds farm and long queue for the icecream. :rolleyes:

Weather perfect, for a change.

K x

we had a lovely day,went up nicks mums and then to his brothers,came home and sat in garden all afternoon,im very sunburnt today but i really enjoyed the bank holiday wkend :thumbs:

I ended up going along the 'High Street' on an old Racecourse while walking along a Roman Road.

I then didn't get home till gone midnight last night. It had some lovely views though. Which reminds me I've a load of photos to post. I've some free time so will go get my mobile and camera. I'll give you all a link later on. :D

Edited by David Matthew Baker

When I was little we used to got to the beach or other places, and when N was little we still did, but now we tend not to as it's always so busy and N doesn't like that.

However, in a moment of madness we decided to go to Paignton Zoo yesterday (we had promised C that we would as a birthday treat but we were meant to have gone on Saturday) :whistle:

We were aiming to get there for about half ten, but we were a bit late leaving, plus had to stop at services, then got stuck in traffic just outside Paignton for 20 minutes! Got there and was told by one of the staff that there were hardly any spaces left and NO disabled!! Drove on and by sheer luck found a disabled bay!!!

Ate lunch, got out of car and walked down to zoo - to find the longest queue ever :whistle:

Finally got it , then 30 minutes later it started to rain and didn't stop until we were leaving!!!

Plus side was that all the children enjoyed themselves - apart from N at the beginning as it was just so busy in the reptile house.

BTW the reason it was so busy was that they had opened a new crocodile swamp enclosure on Saturday (we gave that a miss as the queue for it was longer than the queue to get in the zoo had been!)

We have decided to never go anywhere "touristy" on a Bank Holiday again!! Until my next moment of madness that is!

Here are a selection of the photos from my walk on Bank Holiday monday.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/D.../High%20Street/

Now going to upload some more I took over the Spring Holiday that I've been meaning to upload for a while.

*note to self - make sure am not in DMB's group on Saturday - stick with the OAPs and seem still young and sprightly* :lol: :lol:

*note to self - make sure am not in DMB's group on Saturday - stick with the OAPs and seem still young and sprightly* :lol: :lol:

If you read my post I've just made in the positive thread you'll probably realise you'd still feel young and sprightly even with me. It took us around 2 1/2 hours to climb up 400m though my dad did manage to get us on a rather interesting track. He thought it would be better as I'd need to navigate more hence look good in my log book. Argh! It meant a rather grulling climb up a very steep hill! Either that or make sure I'm well loaded and I'll barely be able to move. Made that mistake on monday and still didn't really have all the equipment one should do. I still don't think I'm really fit enough. Just been walking a lot to try and get myself fit. Gained around 920m of height in total so still didn't do the equivelent of Scafell either. :)

EDIT: Here are a few of the other pictures I took across the Easter (Spring) Holiday. I've not had time to title them yet so it is a bit of a mystery tour at the moment. Feel free to guess where they are if you'd like to:

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/D...lks%20Part%202/

Edited by David Matthew Baker

I always like looking at your photos David :thumbs: That next to last one its not Bamburgh is it? Bit too small but I'm sure I saw it on hol last year? :unsure: