Frangipani

Who recommended this movie??

:unsure:

I am not sure who mentioned it but I have gone off JD after watching it :o

'Sweeney Todd' aaarrrggghhhh :sick::sick: I feel very ill and queasy after watching this.

Have any of you watched it. :tearful: definitely not for the faint hearted.

Now I am afraid to go to sleep. Seriously I feel ill. :(

I watched it at home, at the movies would have been aaawwwful.

Depressing ending too.

i cant bear the thought of watching it,the adverts just didnt appeal to me either

johnny depp does nothing for me whatsoever,hes got a much sex appeal as a tin of paint!

I'm pretty immune to gore so that didn't bother me at all. I thought it was 'ok' but could have done with being a bit shorter, it went on a lot longer than it should have done. Either that or I have a low attention span, concentrating on films I find difficult, had the same problem with King Kong.

I enjoyed it, and was delighted with the quality of the singing too. Going to get the DVD on Monday.

Each to their own; Reality TV shows make me :sick:

oh bard i love reality shows,right up my street cos im so nosey :lol: my mates always reckon i would be good on big brother,im thinking they just want to get rid of me for a while though :o

Reality TV shows make me :sick:

Agreed!

Difficult not to get annoyed with them now, seeing as thats all thats on (Saturdays especially)

Some of us on our floor watched Sweeney Todd in a friends room, cant say I was paying attention to the TV much thats my verdict! I was more likely to be looking at the ceiling.

Edited by CEJesson

Hmmmmm....

well it's a Tim Burton movie...

About a demon barber

Who's clinically insane

and slits his customer's throats

To keep his mistress's pie shop supplied with fresh meat

erm.........

Now, what you should do is rent a nice film instead... something like 'Reservoir Dogs' maybe...

I think it's about a litter of lovely puppies

Who live by a beautiful lake

And it has a lovely soundtrack

With 'Stuck in the middle with you' by Stealer's Wheel.

What could be nicer....... ;)

Personally, what put me off ST - TDB was the fact that it's a mooosical... Now that really is scary!

:whistle:

I liked that one too.

But I'm currently working through my kung Fu Art Movie collection, CTHD, H, HOFD, LOTRD.

And Kill Bill.

Oh, and speaking of disappointments and misleading titles, I remember grabbing a book in a hurry with the title

Dragon Mistress.

No dragons at all....

just lots of naughty boys being punished for bad behaviour.

I left it on the train, on a high shelf.

Edited by Bard

Oh, and speaking of disappointments and misleading titles, I remember grabbing a book in a hurry with the title

Dragon Mistress.

No dragons at all....

just lots of naughty boys being punished for bad behaviour.

I left it on the train, on a high shelf.

hahahahahaha! That reminds me of when my dads elderly friend rented muffy the vampire slayer instead of buffy! She certainly was surprised when she put that in the dvd player. :whistle:

Well I do remember posting at the time that I regretted having steak pie for tea before we went to the film .....

nevertheless I really enjoyed it.

What made me :sick: was the sound of the bodies hitting the floor, more than the bludd.

Personally, what put me off ST - TDB was the fact that it's a mooosical... Now that really is scary!

Exactly..... that's what made it all the more 'chilling' singing as he was slaying his victims. :tearful:

Unfortunately I had no preview info, the music was excellent - but never felt 'shattered like this before' movies like Scream make you shakey but this was 'twisted' :tearful: too graphic. :unsure:

Well, I suppose that I was desensitised as a child because I was raised on Border Ballads rather than lullabies.

Lots of ###### murders to song, and many of them children. Many of them English too, although my dad always claimed that as he had reived my mother from Yorkshire, she was now his property and thus Scottish.

But unlike my Dragon Mistress error :oops: Sweeney Todd is a known tale. So it's a bit like going to King Lear and being distressed by the eye removals or the death of Cordelia. Although the Victorians did disapprove and wrote a version with a happy ending where she lives and is reunited with Daddy. Don't know how they coped with Titus Andronicus...

I suppose the moral of the tale is to check before you go.

Sorry Frangi, your post has made me MORE desperate to see it :lol::lol:

I love abit of gore.......and as for JD, he could be stood washing up and I'd be enthralled.......I'm such a simple soul at heart :wub: Although am tiny bit concerned about the singing :unsure: Not because he''s singing as he's killing, but dunno if I fancy watching JD singing.

Even sitting drinking my morning cuppa out of my JD cup gives me pleasure :rolleyes:

The singing was good, not just me but the reviewers agreed.

So long as you remember that it's a story you will be fine!

His singing is great - has been compared to Antony Newley/David Bowie :thumbs:

Methinks there's an opportunity for hev to insert her fave word of the moment here...

I sound great compared to Anthony Newley/David Bowie... next doors cat sounds great next to Anthony Newley/David Bowie!! :lol::lol: Don't get me wrong, both very distinctive voices, but not sure that distinctive and great are the same thing

:D

I liked it :)

The singing does take a bit of getting used to - but then i felt the same watching moulin rouge (sp??).

It was the thud of the heads on the floor that made me shiver too! The blood and guts bit was fine! :lol:

But then.............i do love the JD man......... :wub::notworthy:

hahahahahaha! That reminds me of when my dads elderly friend rented muffy the vampire slayer instead of buffy! She certainly was surprised when she put that in the dvd player. :whistle:

Many years ago my partners Grandparents (who were both strict methodists) went to the Cinema to see a film called 'Chesty Morgan' which they had assumed was about the man of the same name who was one of the founders of the Methodist church. It turned out to be an entirely different sort film about a girl called Morgan who had a large chest! They left the cinema very quickly!

Simon

Oh dear!!!! :P

I went to see Sweeney Todd with my sister, who cannot stand gore and makes the most ridiculous noises when splashy bits appear on screen! It was HILARIOUS!! I couldn't concentrate on the guts and man-pies, as she kept whimpering and scrabbling backwards in her seat- I laffed so hard, we nearly got ejected!! I picked up the DVD in Zavvi and started snorting laughter as I reminisced and I got some terribly odd looks from those around me.

Must say I never thought JD was hunksome until POTC trilogy- yum, all dirty and bawdy and piratey!! Not quite so enamoured with his look in ST, but thats not really the point, I spose. I

Esther x

Edited by pookie170