Sign in to follow this  
hedders

why does my dd keep barking ??

Shes 7 been going on for a long time but it really stands out and does irritate me alot she only does this when theres hardly anyone else around. Also squeling and other strange noises.

Today we were walking toward our house and dd doing

( woof woof woof)in a really loud voice i kept saying dont do it but she cant help her self like an urge and then follows with all the other noises.

It annoys me as its been going on for a long time now, im not bothered by other people its just the noise level i have a few sensory issues myself with volumne noises

Edited by hedders

I understand how you feel! My younger 2 both screech and squeal, and my son claps and whoops into the bargain. I don't like sudden loud noises and it makes me jump. I don't like the pitch of some of it it goes right through me.

It is a sensory thing, and I know it is something they have to do. It is hard for me to not to snap when they suddenly let out a whoop or screech but I do try my hardest, and when they are noisy, I direct them somewhere they can make the noise so it does not impact on anyone else like their room(not as a punishemnt, their bedrooms have never been used for time outs). They are getting used to that now. Thing is, all mine hate each other's noise, but revel in their own, sometimes it is very loud here! So I sympathise!

Shes 7 been going on for a long time but it really stands out and does irritate me alot she only does this when theres hardly anyone else around. Also squeling and other strange noises.

Today we were walking toward our house and dd doing

( woof woof woof)in a really loud voice i kept saying dont do it but she cant help her self like an urge and then follows with all the other noises.

Hya, what a coincidence, i have a 7 year old girl who does the same thing, sometimes when we're out if someone speaks to her she may just woof woof at them, r if my sister phones me and speaks to my girl on the phone she will woof to reply. Othertimes she runs round the garden woofing and skipping or will run to each corner in the garden and howl like a wolf, it's funny to watch but very odd indeed!

Any yes i can understand your frustrations at the noise levels! irritaiting isn't it!!

hi

my daughter use to do that as well, and she licked people. She does not have any special needs at all but she still behaved in a strange way. She is almost 10 now and thankfully has stopped. We think she did it due to an over active imagination she thought she was a dog. We use to get imbarrassed but she is our only child with any imagination so we were not sure about what was normal. :lol:

hi

my boy used to do a few things the first one

was when he was young and grawled at strangers well any body that come near us

carrying a teddy and blanket with him but blanket was over his head that lasted for 6 months

he says what he thinks and sees eg: your fat, why is your bum so big, you have spots every where, so on so on ( omg shame)

has what i call blue murder fits : he screams and scream holds his breath and turns blue stops breathing and collapises on the floor had that for years sitting on the streets with a blue child waiting for him to come too after i had started him breathing again

at the mo he says DOH all the time and lines everything up has a rutien he has to do all the time, and wont let anybody in his room afraid his room will change in size if we do

O the vocal tics n facial tics my lad has o god-squeaks like a mouse, barks like a dog, has this weird swallowing thingy he does with a weird noise, the list goes on n one n facial one weird things with his eyes, funny way he moves his nose a bit like a rabbit does etc etc etc. He also tells things as it is-earlier this evening he told me I had a fat bumb n belly :o

Same here, T loves to squeal so high pitch it would shatter windows. He is always either talking to himself in silly voices or shouting an squealing. I'd love him to stop as I have to leave the room as after a few hours I can't block it out anymore, and it's so loud!

Same here, T loves to squeal so high pitch it would shatter windows. He is always either talking to himself in silly voices or shouting an squealing. I'd love him to stop as I have to leave the room as after a few hours I can't block it out anymore, and it's so loud!

I know that feeling well-it is non stop n so loud on times ive also had to leave the room or else id go cuckoo lol.

is it vocal tics must read about this any differences between normal kids doing it

facial tics is interesting too my dd has lots of strange expressions.

is it vocal tics must read about this any differences between normal kids doing it

facial tics is interesting too my dd has lots of strange expressions.

Not sure but its what my lads doc called them :unsure:

Cal does a lot of squealing and furious clapping, and if he gets excited, oh boy, get the ear defenders out!! For a while I could have happily wrung his teachers neck (I mean that in the nicest possible way, shes ace, actually!!) because she praised Cals ability to adopt funny accents when reading aloud. So he went into nuclear accent overdrive at home, for MONTHS!! Still does that a bit, the most irritating of all is the one that sounds like an oogah-horn thingy, he gets sent outside if he wants to practise that!

Esther

My little boy does beatboxing over and over, he picks up the drum beats from music. It's rather infuriating and I can't think straight when hes doing it!

Sorry people but I'm sitting here smiling at these posts thinking OMG she's living my life and I'm not going through this pain barrier alone :lol:

Thats what makes it so good being on this forum! knowing you are not going through it alone. My ds has started doing peacock noises, they are very VERY high pitched, its sending me mad. He does it when he is asked to do somehting he dosnt want, an if you ask him to stop it justs gets worse!. :tearful: Enid