Bagpuss

Saying ta ra in advance

Off to France at some ungodly hour on Sunday morning, cos we've decided to do the journey in one go :wacko: . Yes, it's finally come round, our trip to EuroDisney, although we are now not going in our van, but have booked a cottage (with a huge list of do's and dont's :hypno:) Will need a checklist just to go for a wee :blink:

Don't know how much time I'll have to spend on forum till then, so saying ta ra in advance, although I'm sure I can squeeze at least another 40 posts in beforehand :D

Anyhooooo, will be back next Saturday, so see you all then B)

:bounce: I'm back :bounce:

We sold the van, so treated ourselves to a travel lodge on the way down to Dover :thumbs:

The cottage in Normandy was wonderfully quiet and peaceful, down a country lane, surrounded by woodland..................however, by the second night I'd decided it was only a matter of time before the werewolves got us, and hardly slept after that :hypno::hypno:

Then the weather took a turn for the worst, and we only had sun on the first and last day...................and eldest DD came down with tonsilitus on the day we were due to go to EuroDisney.........so off to find a french doctor :huh: With the only words we knew how to speak were hello, goodbye and chocolate crossiant :oops:

I did send some friends some emergency texts begging for silver bullets, but we survived, and the eldest DD recovered enough for us to spend a magical day at EuroDisney :thumbs:

Has anyone been? I'm a totaly wimp, so thought the Nemo Coaster would be a safe bet........a nice tranquil water ride, with maybe some lovely underwater scenes, so on I hopped with youngest DD and DS. Thought the warnings about anyone pregnant, or with neck/back probs etc to not go on was abit OTT, and dismissed the signs about sudden drops.............thinking it would be like a log flume, with a drop at the end.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooo...................I have never felt so terrified in my life. I clung on for dear life, while this roller coaster spun round and round, on its side, backwards, forwards, spiralled downwards, in total blackness. :tearful::tearful::tearful:

But, I did manage a very very nice ride on the Pirates of the Carribean ride :thumbs: Had planned to go and do the "meet" Jack Sparrow character, and get a piccie for the forum, but missed him :rolleyes: Somehow Goofy didn't have the same appeal :lol:

Have found that our heating has packed in while we've been away, so we have no hot water or heating till Monday :rolleyes:

I've also spent the entire last week living off a diet of baguettes, chocolate, cakes and lager :oops:

I've also spent the entire last week living off a diet of baguettes, chocolate, cakes and lager :oops:

That's what I call a vegetarian diet when I'm in France. And chocolate pancakes of course.

Welcome back!

I took The Ex on a similar log flume at Blackpool once. It looked quite genteel, and it was to start with, but then they send you down a big drop, in the dark, backwards! I loved it, but The Ex nearly pooed his pants :devil:

Hope the weather stays warm until Monday!

Ahhhhhh, Paree in Spring time - How well i remember.... the sights... the sounds... the smells...

(I spewed up under the eiffel tower while wiping dog-egg from the sole of my green flashes!)

NOT TRUE! I've only ever been in winter! It was frozen dog-egg!

Sounds like you had a great time, despite the tonsilitis and Loup Garou (small tip - It doesn't have to be silver bullets. You could have just covered the doors with wolfbane and wore garlands of it around your necks - NB that is pluralised to mean the whole family, and not a suggestion that you yourself have several necks!)

With the only words we knew how to speak were hello, goodbye and chocolate crossiant :oops:

As I have highlighted in the past - they all speak English, really, and only pretend not to understand because they are being bl00dy-minded. :o;):whistle::shame:

But, I did manage a very very nice ride on the Pirates of the Carribean ride :thumbs: Had planned to go and do the "meet" Jack Sparrow character, and get a piccie for the forum, but missed him :rolleyes:

Ah, but it would have ruined it for you... Jack Sparrow sounding all louche Charles Aznovour rather than rum-soaked mockney could have shattered your illusions for ever:

Jacques Moineau - just hasn't got the same ring, has it? Yo ho ho ho and a bottle of absinthe??

Glad you had a god time, and congrats on flogging the van :)

:D