bikemad

Why are kids so mean!!!!!

My lad went to a youth type club thing tonight to make costumes for the carnival. He came back n was in a stinking mood bigtime asked what was wrong n some kids had been making fun of him-calling him gay, telling him he is a dwarf n ought to be in yr3 cos he so small, telling him noone l ever wanna be with him cos he wears hearing aids n he will never fit in cos of the aids, etc etc you get the picture. It breaks my heart cos he is trying so hard to fit in n join in n battle thru what he calls his freaky ways n this is what he gets for it. :crying:

My lad went to a youth type club thing tonight to make costumes for the carnival. He came back n was in a stinking mood bigtime asked what was wrong n some kids had been making fun of him-calling him gay, telling him he is a dwarf n ought to be in yr3 cos he so small, telling him noone l ever wanna be with him cos he wears hearing aids n he will never fit in cos of the aids, etc etc you get the picture. It breaks my heart cos he is trying so hard to fit in n join in n battle thru what he calls his freaky ways n this is what he gets for it. :crying:

That is awful :crying:

:(

You tell him that there may be other people who will choose to say things that will upset him.

But there will also be others who will understand and accept him for who he is, totally and without effort.

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

As reported in the Daily Mail, today, Bill Gates gave 11 top tips, one of them was " Be nice to geeks, as one day they will be your boss" It says it all really, as long as you know who Bill Gates is!!! Enid :thumbs:

Just got to ask, bikemad, where were the staff/leaders while all this was going on?! Personally I'd be making them aware of how miserable your son was after the group so they can keep an eye. That should be part of their remit after all.

Hope he's feeling better this morning and it doesn't put him off going.

Karen

x

:(

You tell him that there may be other people who will choose to say things that will upset him.

But there will also be others who will understand and accept him for who he is, totally and without effort.

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

I agree with Smiley. My daughter has this problem with NT girls 'the clique' and she is NT, it doesnt matter what or who you are, all kids can be horrid.

The important thing is to find the kids like Smiley said, and make them your friends. Stop trying to fit in the 'the clique'. These kids are pathetic and so insecure, they feel bigger if they are putting someone down.

This worked for my daughter and she made much better friends.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It hurts though doesnt it, to see your kids hurting. If things become like bullying, I suggest you report it to the Principal as these kids deserve a detention if they are going out of their way to hurt your child.

Or the youth co-ordinator.

>:D<<'>

I asked him did he tell the leader n he said yes but she just said dont make a big deal of it-apparently the main ring leader is her dd :rolleyes: Ive told him if the kid does it at school go straight to tell the head cos the head knows id expect it sorted there n then or all hell breaks loose lol.

He has told me now tho he dont wanna do the drum/dance classes next week and dont wanna go in the carnival cos this kid is at them all as is her mother who is the leader. Dont wanna push him cos he obviously isnt happy there-just really makes me angry cos he has been picked on by various kids since he was 3 years old.

Bikemad, I'm so sorry, this is just horrible and so unfair that your lad has to miss out because of this woman's daughter. She should know better, it's just not good enough. :angry: Is there another helper who would take the situation more seriously? I would consider making a formal complaint if it was me. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

bikemad

really sorry for your son and you. It's ###### horrible what shitheads these other kids are, the trouble is it happens all too often and the so called adults in charge are no better than the kids who are doing this. I know how you feel, like you say its heartbreaking when they keep getting hassle like this. Perhaps having a word with the brats involved or the mother on the lines of 'Give my son any more hassle and you will get like for like off me' :angry: it worked for us ;)

This literally brought tears to my eyes. Kids can be so cruel.

I was always teased at school for being 'weird' and I was laughed at and deliberately made to feel bad. It still hurts me just thinking about some of the things that were said. It's a big worry for me now that Levi is getting older. I really don't want other kids to make things unpleasant for him or to knock his confidence. It wasn't toooo bad when I was little, but when I got to middle school, I suppose my 'quirks' became more apparent.

Give your lad a hug for me - AS kids rule!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Thompsons

GRRRR!!! I had a very similar situation a couple of years ago in an after school club, where my son was being teased and called 'gay' amoungst other things (goodness only knows what anyone thinks they mean by it at that age). My boy was really upset, so I blew my stack at the play leader (not shouty - just v v assertive), and then in turn at the manager. We had been asked a couple of weeks beforehand to sign a contract, basically saying that ani social behaviour would not be tolerated - that the parent would be informed, etc. I got them to guarantee that would be invoked against the boy in question, that his mum be told, and that he be put on a warning, otherwise I would consider it discrimination. I think that I frightened the life out of them all, and the boy never did it again. (Although for a while there when I picked the kids up I would have to stop myself running over to give him a slap. . . )

Don't get mad - get even.

Thanx for all the comments-ive spoken to the leader n she said she will keep an eye on it tho I guess that waits to be seen lol but I spoke to his head teacher aswel n she has said she is going to do an assembly about bullying n how it wrong it is etc. Ive told the leaders of the youth club if it happens again il go to the local paper(everyone round here reads it)and show them for what they are.

As for my lad he has been in a stinking foul mood since Wednesday evening esp today-after school today he just had a nightmare hour n I really struggled to get him back to a semi even keel!!!!!

I hate how there is so much ignorance around lately-it aint hard to teach kids how to respect others-blimey we all do it n if we can all do it then theres no reason other kids cant be taught it!!!!! :shame: