cathyz

School on the phone

I just had my 15 year olds English teacher on the phone, she felt she had to ring and tell me how well he had done in his aural english GCSE last fridady, he got an A*!!!!!!!!!! She said if he'd had to write down the reasoned arguements and descriptions it would have run to a 10 page essay!!!

I am so proud of him, and remember in his primary school when they said he'd be lucky to get a grade 1 in his year 6 sats and how we worried for his future, with meds not working and out of control behaviour, how things have changed.

He had told me about this exam and his mark and he said for the first time in his life he likes going to school.

His teacher said she thought it was important to ring and let me have positive feed back as she knows how much negative we've had to cope with. Shame theres not a few more like her around.

Cathy :thumbs:

I love love love to read posts like this.

Well done to your lad (and what sounds like a very supportive teacher!)

Flora

I'm amazed that a teacher would phone you just like that, for something so lovely! It's given me a warm glow, so you must be feeling great!

Karen

x