Mumble

Room 101

Dogs with no training, manners or self-discipline and their stupid ignorant and self-centred owners.

:clap: :clap: I was congratulating myself on not having put dogs in yet - thanks for doing it for me :)

Oh joy!! I once saw a young lad cycling in just such a pair of foolish jeans...and as he zoomed across the road, the jeans fell down! :clap::clap:

Boho :devil:

A tad more than 'builders bum' then??? :devil::ph34r::whistle:;):devil:

Edited by Flora

Oooh oooh I know I know, I was reading about this today! Comes from the romany "chavi" for "child" & has got corrupted.

Aye, come from's the Romany/Traveller word for child and got adopted in the Kent area, as child, and then later to mean "jack the lad" or "scallwag" or "cheeky chappie" that sort of thing... was used in that context by Sham 69 in their song "Hersham Boys"... and later that became corrupted a bit more to mean less cheeky chappie and more "selfish, ignorant, annoying, *rudeword-I-can't-use-on-this-board*"

:)

People who wait until they've got to the front of the queue, had all their shopping scanned and bagged and then realise they're going to have to pay and spend five minutes rooting around in their wallet/purse/bag/handbag for money or cards!

Police who treat all football fans like vermin and hound them and frogmarch them into pubs and grounds willy nilly like they're an armed militia, when most are mild-mannered and polite and are as about as likely to cause trouble as the queen is to graffiti an alleyway in brixton!

Shops that give things unneccessarily large amounts of packaging - my four apples don't need a plastic box, cardboard lip and four metres of cling film!

People who stand at the front of the bus and won't move down the bus, thus causing a ruddy great obstruction and who then have the temerity to whinge at you when you knock them/stand on their feet as you battle to get on/off. Move down the **�%$^� bus then and we won't have that problem!

The hideous overuse of garlic - why is it in recipes in magazines and newspapers, garlic seems to turn up every darn time? why? what's so great about it?

People who say "ONvelope" instead of "ENvelope"

Ramones T Shirts and Che Guevera T-Shirts.

Ties.

Reality TV.

The huge parade of people that walks merrily past without acknowledging you, when you only held the door open for the elderly woman/bloke on crutches/woman with a pushchair.

DIY

Milton Keynes.

That will do for starters.

:)

High heels. Why? What for? Tortuous contraptions, I say......footwear, indeed! They bring nothing but pain and bunions!! Pah! And ow!

......And never again, in fact, you should see my blisters..... :tearful:

Continuing in Imposters vein, people who say 'ECKS-ma', instead of 'Ec-ZEE-ma'!

And the security guards that follow young teenagers round shops like every yowwun will pilfer unless watched....in my experience, its far more likely to be the little sweet old ladies that half-inch the nescafe!

Actually, they also do this to me and my OH, because we have facial piercings....(promise, the last fing I nicked were them pik n mix sweets, honest guv'nor!) which is rather irritating. I most usually stop, turn and enquire politely, 'Yes? Can I help you?' hehheh!

People who stand at the front of the bus and won't move down the bus, thus causing a ruddy great obstruction and who then have the temerity to whinge at you when you knock them/stand on their feet as you battle to get on/off. Move down the **�%$^� bus then and we won't have that problem!

I have actually perfected the art of "accidentally" standing on these people's toes (and they often make it easy for me by wearing flip-flops :devil:) if on being asked politely (yes, I can do polite :lol:) they still refuse to move. :whistle:

People who block the stairs on the bus so everyone assumes there's no seats upstairs when actually it's half empty (now there's an optimist's half-empty!)

People who wait 5 minutes for the bus and then when it comes get on and hold the whole queue up (often when it's raining) trying to find their Oyster card - they're designed to make things quicker, dimwits!

People who run after the London buses as they're pulling out, jumping off the pavement and forcing the driver to slam the brakes on making the people inside fly and let the runner on board - the buses run every 5 minutes, it isn't going to kill you to wait. :angry:

Bus drivers who seem only to have learnt emergency braking techniques rather than progressive braking.

I'd like to nominate people in supermarkets who use the 'Fast Track' (scan and shop) checkout for normal shopping - AARRGGHH :angry:

What is the point of having a special checkout to supposedly speed things up when eejits go and slow it down again? And why can't the checkout bods say something (something like "Here's the number for an opticians - get your eyes tested" :whistle:)

I'd like to nominate people in supermarkets who use the 'Fast Track' (scan and shop) checkout for normal shopping - AARRGGHH :angry:

Oh yes - and people who can't understand the simple weight based operation of those tills and stand there looking baffled with a melon in their hand and being told to put it in the bagging area ...

Also - car alarms that are too sensitive and go off in a hailstorm :angry:

Oh yes - and people who can't understand the simple weight based operation of those tills and stand there looking baffled with a melon in their hand and being told to put it in the bagging area ...

I was kind of talking about the 'porta-scanner' gadget that you hand to the checkout assistant but the other 'DIY' tills are just as bad (why do they always insist on employing pensioners to be in the queue ahead of you? Pensioners who still marvel at telephones and manned flight, never mind a magic box that talks to you and tells you how much your shopping is - AARRGGHH :angry:)

(And not only is this bad enough but if I barge them to the floor and trample all over their tomatoes, I'm the one who gets into trouble?!?!?!?!?!?! :devil:)

(And not only is this bad enough but if I barge them to the floor and trample all over their tomatoes, I'm the one who gets into trouble?!?!?!?!?!?! :devil:)

Tomatoes? Is that what you call them in the North? :unsure: I think they're called eggs (fried) in the South. I'm not surprised you got in to trouble. :shame:

Tomatoes? Is that what you call them in the North? :unsure: I think they're called eggs (fried) in the South. I'm not surprised you got in to trouble. :shame:

Oh yes - I often get those two mixed up. That'll explain the strange looks I got in Sainsburys when I asked for egg sauce :wacko:

So what are 'cherry fried eggs'? Is that when they get sunburned? :unsure:

So what are 'cherry fried eggs'? Is that when they get sunburned? :unsure:

You're mis-reading the label - it's Cheery fried eggs - such happy eggs are more commonly referred to as 'Sunny Side Up' and are generally done when they're gently warmed and look ready for consumption. :eat:

nose whistleing :wacko:

slurping drinks arrrrrrrrrrr

eating with mouth open yukkkkkkk

all these things are sent to drive me nuttyyyyyyyyyyy and yes it worked :blink:

This thread had cheered me up :thumbs: .......thanks.

.............can,t believe baddad has,nt posted up on it yet...........where is he??

...........a few of my pet hates

1. noisy eaters :sick:

2.people who drive too fast down the lane where I live.

3. people who don,t slow down for horses(having experience of this its truly horrific to be deliberately intimadated and them beep their horn)

4.smelly feet

5. toddlers with snotty green noses :sick:

6.people who park in disabled places without a badge.

7.rice pudding :sick:

8 men who look like they are 9mnths pregnant with a huge hairy gut and insist on taking their t-shirts off when the sun comes out.

9. mankey toenails with hard skin on :sick: ..........sprouting dark hair, on display to the world....put on some socks :angry:

10.peaches geldof..........

1. Weathermen who say that it's going to be sunny for the whole weekend, who then change theor minds the next day and say that it's going to rain for 2.5 days forcing some of us to go mad and try to get all of their outdoor chores done before it (supposedly) turns bad :angry:

2. Postmen who bellow 'good morning' at you unexpectedly when you're up a ladder concentrating on painting (I nearly had a heart attack and fell off) - AARRGGHH :angry: :angry:

Postmen who bellow 'good morning' at you unexpectedly when you're up a ladder concentrating on painting (I nearly had a heart attack and fell off) - AARRGGHH

:lol: :lol: I know I shouldn't laugh at others' misfortunes, but at the moment I'll take anything that might cheer me up :thumbs:

My ones - people who can see the person they're talking to on their mobile - I don't mean video phones or such like, I mean, "yes, you're on the right road, come round the corner, yes, I'm watching you, cross over, no come this way [getting louder now] no, you're going the wrong way, turn around, no, no, listen to me..." For gawd's sake, just go over to them and stop shouting into your phone and deafening us all.

Also, people who shout louder at someone some distance away when they can't hear then rather than going to them to speak to them :angry:

:lol: :lol: I know I shouldn't laugh at others' misfortunes, but at the moment I'll take anything that might cheer me up :thumbs:

Glad to see that yet another one of my near-death experiences has managed to cheer you up. You'll miss me when I'm gone :shame:

AARRGGHH. I have to nominate a certain brand of margarine (who's name I can't say but they sponsor the London marathon). My usual supermarket (begins with an 'S' and likes to pay Jamie Oliver a lot of money) had run out of aforementioned margarine so I had to break with routine and call into an alternative (name omitted but think of someone patting their back pocket). Margarine bought, get home and...eurgh.

God knows what had happened to it but as soon as I opened it I was, well...:sick:. It's gone a kind of rancid, nasty, runny gunk. Despite what it might say on the label, this is definitely not something that's good for you :angry:

The unemployed lout next door who is so bored that he asked all his unemployed friends round today to burn damp cardboard in his back garden, ten feet from my house :wallbash:

They got even bored-er & wandered off after 20 mins, but the fire smouldered for another hour whilst they were in the pub & filled my house with smoke.

No second chances, Environmental Health next time.

Management who think that constant, unrelenting change & restructure is a good thing, then wonder why everyone goes off with stress :wallbash:

yes yes yes! I agree about management structure changes. also, i would put chutney in there,- pointless jars that sit at the back of the cupboard and nobody ever eats. And bootlickers. put them all in! What a great thread!

Mushrooms

They smell horrible, taste horrible and look like a filthy litte man in a mexican hat.

Nuff said. :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmmm should probably put 'Smiley posting after a glass or two'.

Mindless, tipsy, ramblings of a randomly normal mad woman. :lol:

love yr description of a mushroom, and couldn't agree more! xx

yes yes yes! I agree about management structure changes. also, i would put chutney in there,- pointless jars that sit at the back of the cupboard and nobody ever eats. And bootlickers. put them all in! What a great thread!

:lol: We could make management eat the chutney :lol:

:lol: We could make management eat the chutney :lol:

BRILLIANT! although i'd better not tell hubby, whose workplace has been taKEN OVER BY AMERICANS,

OR HE MIGHT GET THE SACK FOR DOING SOMETHING LOUD WITH CHUTNEY!!! :lol::clap::dance:

NO LEISURE ACTIVITIES FOR OUR KIDS :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

NOSEY NEIGHBOURS

SPEED CAMERAS

STORES NEVER HAVING MY SIZE LEFT

PEOPLE PUSHING IN FRONT IN QUEUES

ENDLESS RAIN SAYS ON ADVERT WE LOVE A BIT RAIN I WALES WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOONT

ALARM CLOCKS

RELATIVES THAT THINK THEY CAN TELL YOU HOW TO RAISE YOUR CHILD :fight::fight:

I COULD GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON

Edited by single autie mum