Sign in to follow this  
hev

an appointment with member parliament

ive got an appt with local MP at end of month,steve has 3hrs tuition 1;1 tuition at moment but no school but i asked to see MP as LEA been awful,has anyone done this and got a result?

it is a 15 minute appt so i havent got long,do you think i should take a solicitor with me,not that ive got one,or i keep hearing about parent in partners,do they go on things like this?

I haven't had any experience of this, but I would suggest that you write down your issues, keeping it to one side of A4, so that you can give this to your MP when you meet him/her.

Write out your concerns in bullet points so that it is clear and easy for your MP to read.

Good luck!

Bid :wacko:

My MP gives you ten minutes and puts his watch on the table in front of you so that you know this :angry: When your time is up no matter how far through your piece you are he tells you it's time to leave! :angry:

He's a really nice man.

Carole

Ah but it's election time now, Carole. That might be worth another ten minutes at least. How marginal is your MP's seat, hev? :devil:

We spoke to our MP a while ago. Even though nothing is really resolved yet we have had 4 letters from our MP since, one having a copy of a letter attached that he had sent to the Director of Education. The last letter we recieved was on Saturday asking for an update from us.

Yesterday I also received a call from an Education Cabinet Minister (we contacted our local Councillor and he contacted her) asking for an update. She asked us to contact her direct if we still haven't got anywhere next week. She also took the names of the school's SENCO and the LEA SEN Officer that has been dealing with our case. She told me that a friend of hers has a son with Asperger's and sounded pretty knowledgeable. Her friend also had similar problems to us.

Sad as it is, because there is an election coming up it can only be to our advantage. Just a shame that elections only happen every 4 years :devil:

Annie

XX

My MP did help - I sent him a letter (two sides of A4 I think, but it had to cover a year long search for a school). He was very helpful - he wrote to the Head of Inclusion Dept - who then had to ask his staff what was going on - the first reply failed to answer the question asked, so MP wrote back and told them so. He bascially told them they were stupid for considering a school 600 miles away, but refusing to consider a school 40 miles away - and I got the school I wanted.

Karen