Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

Watching TV with him is torture!

The endless back to back questions about every thing the person is saying and everything he sees! AND he doesn't understand the answers you give him so askes again!!!!!! WE are watching dog borstal now and it's doing our head in.

I don't really try to watch tv when A is around. He doesn't watch much telly but his constant chatter stops you watching.

He doesn't seem to notice that someone else is talking and will talk over them. For someone who dose not like noise he can alf make a racket.

I'm on the computer so not even watching, I'd rather read the newspaper online. DH is less than happy though, eg "whats that - it's a water tower - whats in it!!! - water - what do they use the water for - I don't know - why don't you know? Because I don't live there - I wonder what they use the water for - why is it there then????" :wallbash:

I'm on the computer so not even watching, I'd rather read the newspaper online. DH is less than happy though, eg "whats that - it's a water tower - whats in it!!! - water - what do they use the water for - I don't know - why don't you know? Because I don't live there - I wonder what they use the water for - why is it there then????" :wallbash:

Oh yes - I recognise this syndrome very well. Sometimes I have to resort to making up answers when the questions get a bit technical and I simply don't know - I am not expected not to know. Then I get stuck when I have to explain it in more detail.

i get this constantly, but i feel bad not watching tv with him, but when im there he either rolls on me, sits on me, or generally tries to squash me whilst asking 100 questions and then if i walk off he says i dont want to have fun with him and its just an endless cycle of why , what for , why dont you know, what do you know , how do you know, i wish i knew as much as you !!!! :wallbash:

If I'm watching something with Ben he gives me a running commentary 'oh did you see what he just did...he pulled a funny face like this... look... this is what he did....' My standard reply is...'Yes. I. am. watching. it. too' through gritten teeth! :)

Flora

Made me laugh this laugh.....Yes we have this too and often as not he is not even watching the program but chips in "what did he say" " why did he do that" "what is that" etc etc etc

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

he usually watches nick junior cos he understands the language and pictures, but now he has a roulette program on which he can't interact with by pressing buttons for :rolleyes::pray: when we are watching our choice, he chats away to make a attention to himself,because thats what he wants to be the centre and control of his universe. he also jumps about distracting everyone to do it.

My daughter will watch the same programme over and over every day, such as Sponge Bob or High School Musical and is still as glued to the tele as if it were the first time she is watching it. Between my husband and I, we have 7 children four of which are now working, she is the youngest and the only one with educational needs, I cant remeber the others doing this with the tele.

My daughter will watch the same programme over and over every day, such as Sponge Bob or High School Musical and is still as glued to the tele as if it were the first time she is watching it. Between my husband and I, we have 7 children four of which are now working, she is the youngest and the only one with educational needs, I cant remeber the others doing this with the tele.

Lol my ds does this im sick of watching the same episodes of spongebob!!!!

:rolleyes: he now put Trubo roulette on the planner :unsure: he watches the ball go around and around and then announces the table has closed , :rolleyes: i am trying to figure out what he sees so attracive about it, he know s he has to be 18 to actually play it, so as the wheel spins i say to him pick a number for the ball to drop into it,and he does and the number he picks is completely different to the one he picks,so i say, if you had put real money on that you would have lost it :unsure: is he understanding i am thinking :unsure: live roulette.com,. :unsure:

Hmph! Yes, well, not only do I have Cal's constant ear-bending during tellyviewing, when I watch a film with my dear OH, I have to put up with the dialogue being whispered from the sofa about three seconds before it gets said on the t.v.!!!! Drives me daft, it feels like there's something wrong with my hearing!!

Argh, and then Stig usually joins the mayhem, chewing his incredibly loud squeaky ball.....I don't know why I bother, tbh!! :D

:rolleyes: he now put Trubo roulette on the planner :unsure: he watches the ball go around and around and then announces the table has closed , :rolleyes: i am trying to figure out what he sees so attracive about it, he know s he has to be 18 to actually play it, so as the wheel spins i say to him pick a number for the ball to drop into it,and he does and the number he picks is completely different to the one he picks,so i say, if you had put real money on that you would have lost it :unsure: is he understanding i am thinking :unsure: live roulette.com,. :unsure:

hi selsey my friend's son whose also autistic loves roulette he get a buzz from the spinning of the wheel and the ball isnt interesed in who wins and betting prehaps its the same for your son take care s .a. m . :)

Ah yes, we get running commentary on everything, and the constant questions or the repeating of things said, I just don't bother taking him to the cinema anymore it's even worse!!

I had to lol at this one as my lil boy (5) is exactly the same. Constant running commentary when the programme or film is running - if it is one of his faves which he has seen 100 times you get what is about to happen and what will be said, if he is unsure of it we get the one million and one questions which can range from quite appropriate to absolutely absurd - just asking questions for talkings sake at this point! He has a habit of chatting to himself whenever and wherever though so it's not just restricted to TV times unfortunately!