Diane

Laundry

Last week, thats when I think it was........... I was feeling rather virtuous as I had for once done all the house work and managed to put the washing on or so I thought.

I hear the machine finish and I hurry to empty it into the tumble dryer, because lazyness prevents me from hanging it on the line. It also meant that I still had time left in the day to do two more loads and put my feet up with a mug of hot chocolate, squirty cream and marshmellows, my reward to myself for being so good.

Alas :huh: it was not clothes that I pulled from the machine but a load of very well known supermarket carrier bags!!! :wacko:

My husband suggested we get a home help as i had not only put carrier bags in the washing machine but also in the fridge!! :blink:

I could not tell any of you what was on my mind at the time but it cetainly was not the job in hand. :lol: :lol:

Lol! I haven't done anything to that scale but I do frequently find things in the fridge/freezer that shouldn't be there.. I've just put a load of laundry on, I hope it is towels like I thought I put in :lol:

I have never washed carrier bags, but I have (only once!) put the dishwasher tabs in the washing machine and the ariel tabs in the dishwasher - neither smelt right when the had finished and there was too much foam in the dishwasher for it to deal with!

That's the trouble when I try to multi-task too many things at once. :rolleyes:

Do carrier bags survive being washed?

Nikki.

mobile phones! 3 times, come up very nicely actually! dry out very well, never told kids. mp3 player, also dried out very nicely, alas the very expensive ipod belonging to 19yr old didnt like it at all :rolleyes: also lots of lighters, 19 yr old again. Must look in trouser pockets before bunging them in wash!!! Enid

I have washed and tumbled DPs lipsalve-stick-thingies frequently, but what is really worring is that he rarely notices! :sick:

Oh well...... :clap:

Well I sprayed the curtains and sofa with oven cleaner which I had taken to be Febreze (had visitors due any minute)! I'd sprayed the whole lot too, before I realised! Fortunately, it was a special environmentally friendly, detergent based oven cleaner, so our furnishings have survived to tell the tale with lots of white speckles. :D

Sue

I foresee that I will wash my daughter's memory stick one day, and be responsible for the loss of a years worth of college assignments. She will insist on carrying it around in her pocket. :unsure:

K x

Ha Ha! My washing machine once broke down under warrenty when the kids were very young, and it was much needed (no change there really). The engineer came out and fixed it, then a couple of weeks later it went wrong again. I phoned them and gave them what for, and they sent out another engineer to fix it again. He asked me if I had small kids - and then pulled out the antenna of a remote control car that had been fed into the drum. My high moral ground fell away from me, and I always made sure I closed the door of the washing machine after that!

:lol:

I am very, VERY well know for putting my car keys in all sorts of odd places........... :oops:

Never stuck them in the washing machine though......... (i'll blame you if i start doing that one! :D)

reading all your posts has reminded me that after the birth of my daughter who is now 17 I spent hours looking for my handbag. :huh: Having convinced myself I had lost it I decided to get something out the freezer for dinner and yep there it was all cold and icy but not frozen. :lol:

I have discovered this thread is good for confessions. My dear husband has just joined in because he could hear me laughing and said 'have I ever told you about the time I was in ***ks and *****ers with Gemma when she was a toddler. I was looking at some clothes etc etc and after about ten minutes I thought *@$* and could not remeber where I had left the pushchair. He did find her thankfully. All Ican say is he kept that one quiet. It must be something to do with the fact that he has man brain syndrome. :lol: :lol:

Keep the stories coming I want to know what else he has forgotten to tell me. :P

I like the idea of labelling what is in the cupboard as I seem to be thoe only one who knows where anything is in the kitchen.

I am wondering though if my family would all of a sudden lose the ability to read! :lol:

I've washed - in the washing machine - clothes that are labelled 'Warning - dry clean only' - and do you know what? they came out perfect. But I have put adult-sized clothes in before - not 'dry clean only' - and they have come out as 'ickle people's clothes. :blink:

My trusty memory stick has had at least three thorough washings in our machine. In fact, the first time, I assumed I'd mislaid it and forgot about it...

2 months later, I had to fish around in the rubber sealing bit around the door, iykwim, and VOILA!, there was me old memory stick....

Sparkly Clean, if a little

Rusty,

But guess what, it worked!

And the next few washes didn't affect it either....at least I knew where to find the dratted thing! :lol: